Items [Kinda sprites] 10 more endagme items from Pillars

MitBoy

Terrarian
Okay, what about about more stuff with fragments. Here I made one about building, but... I think it's not enough. So let's make some more! Also If you think it's unbalanced, you could add extra 5 luminite bars for each recipe.

_request__twirl_net_by_minitehhedgehog-d966mr2.png
Twirl net
"You are too old to play with bugs! Unless you are Vortexian, I suppose."
Craft: One golden bug net and 10 Vortex fragments.
Have bigger radius and speed than golden one + lights all the critters in green (just like hunter potion). Can catch stuff through the walls.

Item_3191.png
Star worm. "
Baby mikywayver"
Craft (one worm) = 1 stardust fragment, one nightcrawler.
Has 65% bait power and decreases chance of getting regular fish. Yeah, Stardust gets liquid-related item again.

I just can't think of something cool about Stardust as race. In my headcanon, while Nebula, Solar and Vortex are races, Stardust is more like
an organization, that own hotels, recreational facilities and Milk delivery services across the galaxy. While 3 races just
wants to conquer Earth, Stardust wants get it to just sell later, or maybe to destroy it and build new hyperspace tunnel here.
Or maybe that organization was hired by psychologists and philosophers because... lets move to the topic again.

_request__rod_of_chaos_by_minitehhedgehog-d966eoi.png
Rod of chaos "Well, chaos is better than Discord, right?"
Craft: Rod of discord, 10 Nebula fragments, One light shard, one dark shard, binocular.
Reduces chaos state debuff from six second to 4 + gives you extra vision when you hold it.
So yeah, basically we are trying ride power of chaos by using Nebula psychic abilities and balance it with light and dark shard. But it's not enough.

_request__soldial_by_minitehhedgehog-d966fcv.png
Soldial
"true sun clock"
Craft: Sundial, 10 solar fragments, one light shard, one dark shard, 50 solar tablet fragments.
Allows you to move sun with your mouse like on title screen. Also tells you the proper time and moon phase when you are nex to it.
Solar creatures could control day and night in most solar systems across the Galaxy. They just don't think it's cool or something.

Okay, now it's time for synergies!
Although every race thinks that they are the best, there's still some kind of "friendship" thingy exist. Despite that Vortex thinks that Stardust wastes a lot of money to make useless stuff, they still share some of their new technologies with Stardust (they feel like it's only race who appreciates their work). So, Stardust needs a faster terraforming, and Vortex have technologies for that...
Stellar_cleaner.png
here we have Stellar cleaner.
Craft: Clentaminator, 10 Vortex Fragments and 10 Stardust fragments.
What it does? Well I could have made own Ideas... but we have this . So only thing I could add - we could switch modes on Stellar cleaner. Normal mode have same radius, and Space mode have twice as long radius, but consume more solutions.

Well, that seems to be really cool. How Solar and Nebula could beat it? Well, first of all, why would Nebula and Solar do anything together anyway? Both of them have a lot of pride. They despise Vortexians because they are weak, and have to use technologies. And this is what make Solar and Nebula closer, despite being complete opposites. So what kind of stuff they could create?
Fist of all, other kind of hook. Stardust and Vortex decided to decrease lunar hook's speed and range, for safety, but who needs safety? Only those weak bugs!
Physic-psychic_hook.png
Physic-psychic hook.
Craft: 10 chains, 10 nebula fragments and 10 solar fragments.
Has much more range and speed than Lunar hook, but has only one chain. Downside - when using hook, your defence lowers by a great amount, so it could be dangerous to use in fights.

Cosmic_Plant_wand.png
Cosmic Plant wand.
"Be careful, it got tentacles"
Craft: All wands, 10 nebula fragments and 10 vortex fragments.
Allows you to place hives and bones normally, as long as you hold it in inventory, but also have mods, by rightcliking: Leaf wand, Living wood wand, Rich mahogany wand, Leaf mahogany wand, and staff of regrowth. It can also consume any kind of wood, not just normal and rich mahogany, +5 range.

Item_1543.png
Telekinesis paint brush "It can even paint empty space! (actually, it can't)".
Craft: Spectre scrapper, brush and other thingy, 10 Nebula fragments and 10 Stardust fragments.
Can switch modes to paint, or remove paint.
Much faster than spectre one + 20 range, have 50% chance to not consume paint.

Stardust asked Vortex to make a good tool for painting, and Vortex Nas was like "Really? No one cares about painting!"
So they had to ask Nebula to make some kind of psychic brush.

Vortexians wanted to create some kind of super boots, but how much they tried, immunity to the lava didn't work. So they had to ask Solar creatures for and
advice. Those stupid, flaming animals.
Supernova_boots.png
Supernova boots "It's not just a pair of boots. It's EVERYTHING"
Craft: Frostspark boots, Lava waders, frog leg (coz why not), 10 Vortex fragments and 10 solar fragments. Gives you everything.

So Stardust made new recreational facility and decided to make fishing zone here. But why not let customers also do fishing on stars? They needed to make it magma-proof. And here's where Solar smiths could come in handy.
_request__starlight_fishing_rod_by_minitehhedgehog-d96a9wj.png
Starlight fishing hook
"Best way to get the rest in milky way lakes"
Craft: Golden fishing rod, Hotline fishing rod, 10 stardust fragments, 10 solar fragments.
Has 65 fishing power and allows you to fish in lava. You need less water in order to make pond fish-able

Why we should have items for every single combination, you could ask? Well, I just like balance. I don't want one of the pillars have less items than others, which could make it look less important. Here comes weird explanations, why exactly those fragments were used for that particular item. I just hope it's not overkill. Do you think it's overkill?

I'm also not a spriter, so I just repainted stuff. If you are spriter, please, make normal sprites, If you are interested.
Some of the sprites made by awesome Coldshot
Other sprites made by awesome Gerocraft.

Last edited:
Omg this covers just about everything I've ever asked <3 <3 <3

(If you look at my Wiring Overhaul/New Equipment topic and some of the stuff i suggested in your other topic)

I've not a spriter either (I've only really done palettes)

Last edited:
This

"Metallurgist's Mallet
A Hammer on par with Lunar Hammers, with +6 Reach but does low damage (it's a builder tool not really for battle)
The Hammer is used for knocking down walls, however it also has the unique ability of allowing you to convert different ores or metal bars into different metals.
Particularly of converting metals to their counterparts Iron/Lead etc. and back.
Counterparting is 1-1 ratio, and goes up the higher tier you go, if you need Platinum, it takes 4-5 Lead or Iron ore to create the Platinum ore.
Bars will always be 1-1
Pre-Hardmode metal can not be converted to Hardmode metal, however Hardmode metal can be converted to each other, and their counterparts."

not sure if you saw it or not or liked it.

It's like: "Hey, we reached the end anyway, let's just turn lots of items into more powerful versions!"
Not very creative, so the only thing I can say is: Meh. :indifferent:

My two cents, whatever that's worth (two cents, maybe?):
Rod of Chaos: If this comes in, I would add some luminite in the recipe since fighting the moonlord uses the rod quite a bit, your fight with him for the first time shouldn't be that easy...
Physic-psychic hook: Why the decrease defense? Seems like just the one chain is punishment enough, no?
Cosmic plant wand: absolutely, but I'd add each type of placement wand as well in the recipe. Seems too easy to just get one after beating a couple of towers. There should at least be some effort involved.
Final notes: I get what you're going for, adding some back-story stuff for the four "races", but the other stuff for me is, to quote Gotcha! Meh.
P.S.: To Doktor Dare's comment, Hammer heck ya.

It's like: "Hey, we reached the end anyway, let's just turn lots of items into more powerful versions!"

Yeah that's the whole point. You'd think after awhile, after bosses, events, invasions, post-hardmode, post-plantera, post-golem, post-Lunar...there would actually be some endgame reward for builders and people who finally want to chill and have a reprieve from the chaos.

...there would actually be some endgame reward for builders...
Architect_Gizmo_Pack.png
, for all your building needs. Cosmic Car Key is amazing too. These things make building things very comfortable. What else do you need?
Seems to me you're looking for some sort of 'sandbox build mode' or something.

...and people who finally want to chill and have a reprieve from the chaos.
I don't see how these rewards add to chilling and reprieval from chaos. They're just more powerful versions of items that don't really need more powerful versions anyway.

I feel like it's unnecessary, I think that Luminite is very rare and expensive ore even for Celestial creatures.
It would convince people who think it's unbalanced, and you don't need that much in each recipe. The Celestial peeps already use it in their armor too :)

If he asked "Why?" Sure. But the "Because you said so?" doesn't leave much room for misinterpretation.
That is not an "offensive" thing. Maybe you actually could give good reasons.
[DOUBLEPOST=1439397670,1439397512][/DOUBLEPOST]
It would convince people who think it's unbalanced, and you don't need that much in each recipe. The Celestial peeps already use it in their armor too :)
Made it optional.

That is not an "offensive" thing. Maybe you actually could give good reasons.
Saying "Why? Because you said so?" gives me the idea that you're offended. I am not saying anywhere that it would be an offensive thing to say. That'd be silly.
Telling someone "Why? Because you said so?" never helps an argument or discussion and is often heard when someone's arguing and getting offended/mad.
I hope that makes things clear. Even so, I'm dropping this offtopic discussion.

Reasons? Sure.

Twirl-net: The golden bug net already is pretty huge and it swings really fast. I don't see the point in yet another bug net. The catching stuff through walls: How often would that be needed? The light all the critters up in green, well, there are potions for a reason. I don't see why this item is needed. It's also unimatinative like I said. Take item x, increase properties, same item, better stats.

Star worm: There's enough 50 bait power around. Combined with a golden fishing rod and numerous accessories you'll have your fishing skill already go through the ceiling.

Rod of chaos: We already got treated with 2 seconds off the countdown. I also don't think the ability to teleport around like a chaos elemental on steroids is needed. And again, unimaginative. If anything, think of something that'd make this different from the Rod of Discord.

Soldial: Again, unimaginative. Took item x, less waiting time. Why not add something to it? Perhaps a small chance that using this thing could backfire some way or another.

Stellar cleaner: I think the Clentaminator has an excellent range and a wide angle is not needed since you can steer it around very easily yourself.

Physic-psychic hook: Another hook, but this one lowers your defence for whatever reason. Well, this one is original I guess. But with 50 better hooks lying around almost no one would use it.

Cosmic Plant wand: A bunch of tools combined into one. Well, at least it saves inventory space. I wonder if the right-clicking would work. I doubt it, since we might have guns with alternate fire modes if it was possible.

Telekinesis paint brush: Same as Cosmic Plant wand.

Supernova boots: Has been suggested lots before, at least, the combining of the two boots, not the name. I dunno, I feel it's unneeded. People are given a choice which accessories to wear. If useful accessories like these two would be combined together then the whole accessory swapping depending on what situation you're in becomes unnecessary.

Starlight fishing hook: The Golden Fishing Rod and accessories already take your fishing skill through the roof.

Saying "Why? Because you said so?" gives me the idea that you're offended. I am not saying anywhere that it would be an offensive thing to say. That'd be silly.
Telling someone "Why? Because you said so?" never helps an argument or discussion and is often heard when someone's arguing and getting offended/mad.
I hope that makes things clear. Even so, I'm dropping this offtopic discussion.

First your argument was exactly "because you said so"
And yes, these never suppsed to be original, not a single one. I don't see a reason why we should have something original in endgame anyway. This one is just a way to lead all ends, all possible things that you could use at some point in endgame to their ideal versions, when it's can't be better. I feel like 1.3 miss this in a lot of ways. I was really dissapointed when learned that 95% of endgame stuff is just for fighting. It also got some backstory, just for fun.

Reasons? Sure.

Twirl-net: The golden bug net already is pretty huge and it swings really fast. I don't see the point in yet another bug net. The catching stuff through walls: How often would that be needed? The light all the critters up in green, well, there are potions for a reason. I don't see why this item is needed. It's also unimatinative like I said. Take item x, increase properties, same item, better stats.

I'm sure that ability to catch through wall could be useful. You might be right about hunter potion thing, though.

Star worm: There's enough 50 bait power around. Combined with a golden fishing rod and numerous accessories you'll have your fishing skill already go through the ceiling.

Mostly, I just don't like that there's no Fishing progression in hardmode. And I needed something exclusive for stardust. Maybe I place balance between pillars higher than actual reasonability. That's just how I seen endgame.

Rod of chaos: We already got treated with 2 seconds off the countdown. I also don't think the ability to teleport around like a chaos elemental on steroids is needed. And again, unimaginative. If anything, think of something that'd make this different from the Rod of Discord.

That is why it gives 3 seconds. I think that Rod of Discord is quite original item on it's own, and really wnat an upgrade to that. Before, I even imagened to combine it with binocular... wait, why I didn't included that!

Soldial: Again, unimaginative. Took item x, less waiting time. Why not add something to it? Perhaps a small chance that using this thing could backfire some way or another.

I don't think it's that useful anyway, to add downside. I wanted to put extra ability to tell you the proper time and moon phase, but phone is already got it, so I dont know.

Stellar cleaner: I think the Clentaminator has an excellent range and a wide angle is not needed since you can steer it around very easily yourself.

No

Physic-psychic hook: Another hook, but this one lowers your defence for whatever reason. Well, this one is original I guess. But with 50 better hooks lying around almost no one would use it.

It lowers defence, because it drags you with a speed that human body could hardly endure. Okay, this is not cool. Why you think it better than 50 other hook? Did I tell you it's speed, or range, or any nubers at all? Maybe it has infinite speed and super big range, to the point that I will be better that any other hook! Did I tell you the numbers? It has better speed and range, just the range and speed that people will consider to be good. It also lowers your defence by great amount, amount that anyone will consider to be reasonable. Why it's so perfect? Because I didn't tell people nembers, and so no one could complain about this item being OP or UP! So why you complain?
I also feel like it's the worst item here. Why? Because, I you said, It's rather original, it's not and better version of something, and my suggestion is supposed to be unoriginal, not inventing some weird mechanics into endgame.

Cosmic Plant wand: A bunch of tools combined into one. Well, at least it saves inventory space. I wonder if the right-clicking would work. I doubt it, since we might have guns with alternate fire modes if it was possible.

Yeah, I hate all these wands. Seriously, what the point of hive wand anyway?

Telekinesis paint brush: Same as Cosmic Plant wand.

Supernova boots: Has been suggested lots before, at least, the combining of the two boots, not the name. I dunno, I feel it's unneeded. People are given a choice which accessories to wear. If useful accessories like these two would be combined together then the whole accessory swapping depending on what situation you're in becomes unnecessary.

Did you ever used lava walders in late game? We also got a lot of cool stuff anyway to put in our slots, and I don't think that Lava walders is good enough. I know that it was suggested before. I guess I just shared my opinion on that.

Starlight fishing hook: The Golden Fishing Rod and accessories already take your fishing skill through the roof.
I hate that I have to have two final fishing hooks, And wasn't sure about other possible Stardust\Solar combo.
Maybe it sound haughtily, but I feel like I made these items original enough just by adding backstories to them.

First your argument was exactly "because you said so"
I stopped reading here.

I never said to you: Because I said so. Those were your words. I get the feeling you want to force some pointless argument out of me so I'm out of here.

Back
Top Bottom