Official Labor of Hallow's Eve Entry Showcase

Aurora3500

🌳
Staff member
index.php

Happy November fellow Terrarians, we hope that you also had a spectacular time celebrating Halloween and observing or participating in the contest.

Over 900 entries were submitted to our contest, and while it would be difficult to showcase all of them, we want to personally show the insane talent that our participants have demonstrated in some of the entries.

The 5 winners and 10 Runner Ups have made truly incredible entries that have won prizes, but they are only a fraction of the incredible entries we have seen and reviewed. Due to this contest working differently from traditional Terraria contests by involving more than just TCF, we decided to showcase several of some of the other amazing entries we have seen while judging!

If you haven't seen it already, the winners Thread can be viewed here. Plenty of brilliant eye candy to be seen from the winners and this thread. (Eye of Cthulhu candy!?)

If you are a participant and your entry is not part of our showcase, don't worry. You may still also share your entry here to join in the fun. We tried to get many of the top contenders in, but due to technical limitations, it wouldn't be possible to show all of them.

Select the category of entries you want to see from the spoilers below! The Creation will be listed above while the Creator's name will be listed directly below each entry.

20221008_232424 - Ramen Noodlz.jpg

Ramen_Noodz82

IMG_20221025_000715 - Tici.jpg

Pepethraz

308147108_1603696520081548_94074156477580037.jpg

Kaepaken

IMG_20221016_184955.jpg

Cihla Face

IMG-1342.JPG

Killer Grrr

IMG-20221029-WA0019jpg.jpg

Hazz#4721

CC693AB2-8027-4A84-856B-70B4041C019C.jpeg

Lord Ark

sk2.jpg

KrakenK

pumpkin 4.jpg

Nitro#9824

IMG_20221031_212445.jpg

Emeris4017

20221030_222810.jpg

Exotic#0063

2 - Evan Goddard.png

Evanavich

20221031_184839.jpg

MookTheMook#0673

PumpkinsNight1 - XenialXenon.JPG

@XenialXenon

5CE9D66A-81B2-4EA6-BC27-73B1F59B4154 - Evan Harburn.jpeg

CosmoWolf#2864

IMG_20221029_213154-01.jpeg

Elleldee

IMG_20221027_131930.jpg

@weasie666

Untitled4887_20221031073201 - Nautical AKA An ATP Engineer..png

Nautical

terraria1.JPG

kumabot

0FA38114-1EF0-468E-977B-0FD30D114535.jpeg

sneaky_sasquatch

IMG-3797.jpg

Pugface

bingo 1.jpeg

@AcidCow_

FAB9F889-B9F1-49E0-92C0-9BB3A3A37207.jpeg

goatfishplays#2695

IMG20221031203325.jpg

SassierTexas427

image000003.jpg

Asgardee#7210

IMG_20221031_02070.jpg

d2rkater

313876582_1333728330773602_5346724328965561981.jpg

Rectorai#3462

FC2ED0CD-0774-43AA-88C6-BB4E709E92CD - cheetoh dust.jpeg

okjunkie

image_67149313.JPG

Batmanual#1716

20221031_170039.jpg

@Rebecca91576997

PXL_20221031_223225274.NIGHT_2 - William Blythin.jpg

Spooky Endercat 🎃#9295

IMG_5605_-_Haley_Dalaba.jpg

Bluefin2#4598

IMG_2814 - SUPERSANDOR5000.jpg

SUPERSANDOR5000

Bean Is tewawia.jpg

BDeathstrike#9123

20221027_164959.jpg

Finstrax#2279

Pumpking Fanart Miguel.png

@miguel_krmy

2022contest.png

danka

SteampunkerPumpkinPatch.png

Random#0244

terraria pumpker.png

@bionicobandito

5 color correction time.jpg

Bob

Pumpkin moon isn't so scary with god mode on - Ater fish.png

Aterfish

poster.png

@orangedudeTV

Pumpkin Moon Dryad.png

@RojoPirata

pumpking.png

Mentos

Halloween March_claciallynx_2022 - SteamFuel.jpg

claciallynx

pumpkin moon.png

@vinominoArt

111111 - KinRale.jpg

@kinrale

TERRARIAAAA.jpg

Neypez

Eye 1.JPG

Dr.Dismantle

B67F724B-73BB-4545-B7FA-C9482C9394C6.jpeg

Vertebrae

terraria_final.jpg

shilozart

6Illustrationv2.jpg

maybe tonite

halloweencontest - Scare Crow.png

@5carecroM

terraria2.png

,ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ#7533

vioxynteris - halloween aether compressed.png

@vioxynteris

pmoonproject1 - xBlackDragonx73.png

xBlackDragonx73#8748

terraria_sausage_doll.jpg

Tomoe_Godzen

902C597D-AB22-4D0A-AC63-4EC14F15A27A.JPG

Eeeeeeeeeeeve

Terraria Hallow Eve Nolipseart.png

Nolipse#3868

Unearthly Exhibition.png

Andre117#6290

HalloweenContest2022 - Blue Cupcake.png

Bluecupcake

Capture 2022-10-14 15_07_41.png

Zebak LongFang

In-game Screensoht.png

DaneLetra#2552

Capture 2022-10-23 23_35_17 - Cyber Thug.png

freakypie#1393

Capture 2022-10-26 14_36_17 - Scaredy Cat.png

scaredycat

Capture 2022-11-01 04_50_09.png

DisRicardo

image14046 - cursed.png

NotSoCursed#6962

9741b05f-2ebd-4908-8119-05cc93f2f20c.png

PumpkinDOOM

Capture 2022-10-05 13_37_41 - MoogMounkey.png

Mounkeonbread#9313

Capture 2022-10-06 10_53_56.png

Awneeon

Tree of Whoa - Jesse Rogers.jpg

Jesse858

6626B766C29FA5CE8D7CB07C1CD477F064147DD5[1] - Michael Pulsifer.jpg

dat_friendly_street_gangsta

variant1 - Defi.png

@Defi⠀

StreetPig#9629

PowerHouse#0496

bonkbees#3553

cra4QLr.png

Benpeg04

Jump Boost#8103

Scarlet-thoughts-map.jpg
WARNING - Contains Profanity within the Adventure Map
LuquiLuqui

rubbish#3576

DrVoodoo#7863

hole-o-ween.jpg
Kettu Fox
The Night of The Pumpkin Moon

Emily was an average young woman. She lived in a cul de sac and had a simple life. She lived by herself and had a stay-at-home job. October had just rolled around and it was any other ordinary Halloween day. People set up the last of their decorations and prepared for the onslaught of trick-or-treaters that were sure to arrive on their doorstep. Emily walks out into her driveway to admire all the decorations. She looks at all the other houses with their scarecrows and creepy trees. Then back to her house. A couple of zombies' hands reaching out of the ground and some cobwebs scattered around the front porch.

“Well it could be worse,” Someone behind her says.

Emily spins back around to see her neighbor, Zander. Zander wasn’t like everyone else. He moved into the house next door a couple of years ago but never seems to be home until the holidays.

“Oh hi, Zander!” Emily responds.

“Hey. I was just looking at your Hallows Eve decorations.”

That was another thing about Zander. He never could seem to get that it was called Halloween.

“Oh, yea! I didn’t feel like putting up too many decorations this year. I want to see everyone else’s houses once the Sun sets.”

“Yea… You never really decorated the last couple of years I’ve been here.”

“Just didn’t have the money really.”

“I see… Well, I hope you have a nice time!”

“I’m sure I will!”

“Yea… A nice time…”

Zander's eyes shift around nervously as he turns back towards his house.

“Welp I should get ready for tonight! Bye!”

“Bye…”

Zander speed walks back to his house and quickly closes the front door. Emily shrugs as she looks at the time. Six-o-clock. Only three hours until the trick-or-treaters show up. Emily walks back inside and prepares a big bowl of candy and a sign.

Four Hours Later.

The clock chimes. The time for trick-or-treating has arrived. Emily places her bowl of candy and a sign that says, “Take One Please” out in front of her door. Then she turns and walks out onto the street.

Everything was calm.

Almost too calm.

Emily looks around for anyone but finds everything abandoned.

“Hey! Where is everyone?” She shouts into the silence.
She walks to one of the houses and realizes that the scarecrows they had set up in front were gone.

“Why are kids like that? Stealing Halloween decorations.”

Emily shakes her head as she knocks on the door.

Nothing.

Suddenly Emily hears rustling in the bushes. She turns thinking it’s the neighbor’s cat, Molly.

“Oh, Molly! Thank goodness–”

Emily stops mid-sentence as this demonic black dog sprints out of the bush at her. Teeth bared snarling and going in for the attack. Emily dodges to her right as the dog rushes past her at unnatural speeds.

“What was that!” Emily gets out before it comes rushing back at her.

Emily takes off in a sprint to get away from the beast as it leaps and bounds. It quickly catches up to her. Emily bails off to the side once more as the creature sprints past. Emily finally catches a glimpse of the sky to see the moon looking demonically down at her. Its orange face grins wildly down at her.

“A Pumpkin Moon?” She asks, looking back to the beast speeding towards her.

She tries to get up but trips over her feet stumbling to the ground.

“Oh no!”

Emily squeezes her eyes tightly closed ready for her demise.

“Time to get up! I’m going to need some help this year,” A voice says.

Emily opens her eyes and sees a person standing in front of her dawned in armor, sword, and shield in hand.

“Who are you?”

The person chuckles, taking off their helmet to reveal Zander’s beaming face.

“Typically I can beat all fifteen waves before Halloween night but I got tangled up in other things this year.”

“Zander!? What do you mean fifteen waves?”

“I can’t explain now but maybe after. Here take these and defeat anything that tries to attack you.”

Zander drops an extra set of armor and sword and leaps towards an incoming Scarecrow.

“I’ve never used a sword before!? How do you expect me to defend myself?”

“You’ll learn quickly! Just trust me and I can explain after!”

Emily quickly dawns on the surprisingly light armor and sword and looks around for the enemies. She spots another dog sprinting toward Zander’s blind spot. She quickly jumps to intercept as she slashes across the dog's side. The dog yelps in pain as it adjusts its course to Emily. She tries to back up but is stopped by a tree creature. The creature wraps its branch-like hands around Emily’s shoulders as the dog leaps at her. Emily snaps off one of the hands and sidesteps as the dog flies into the tree creature. They both disappear leaving only some weird-looking wood behind.

“See you’re a natural!”

Emily looks over at Zander who is staring down at a massive tree. It was much bigger than the mere sapling she had taken down seconds earlier. Zander dodges as it brings one of its branches crashing down toward him. He quickly moves behind the creature and stabs his sword through its brittle wood. Then as soon as the beast appeared it disappeared.

“So is it over?” Emily asks as everything goes quiet.

“Not yet… We still have four more waves. So keep your guard up!”

Emily looks around as she hears an eerie voice echo in her head, “Wave Twelve…”

“Oh… I don’t like that.”

“Welcome to the club. I have to deal with that every holiday.”

Zander sighs.

The monsters rush at Emily and Zander once again. They slash and bash their way through progressing through waves thirteen and fourteen. Making it to the last wave.

“Alright! Here’s the hardest wave!” Zander says out of breath.

“I don’t know how much more I can stand!” Emily complains.

“We just need to slay enough enemies to complete the wave then it’ll be over and everything will go back to normal.”

Before Emily can reply, a massive Pumpkin Sorcerer attacks. Emily and Zander watch as more and more sorcerers and trees emerge as they slowly whittle down their numbers.

“I can’t take much more of this!” Emily shouts getting slapped by one of the trees.

“We need just a little more!”

Zander slays another tree and rushes over to help Emily. Emily uses the last of her might to stand up and slash the tree across the center as it disappears.

The voice echoes, “The spirit of Halloween penetrates the air…”

The moon slowly transforms back to its standard form as everything seems to revert to before the event started.

“Now… Now it is over,” Zander says, flopping onto his back.

Emily sits down and takes off the helmet.

“So… What was all that?”

“That was an event called The Pumpkin Moon. It comes from my homeland, but once I opened a gateway to this place, I guess it migrated since you guys have holidays that you put belief into, making the monsters so much harder to fight.”

“Woah… That’s weird.”

“You’re telling me. The world I come from is much blander. This world has so much more to do and to see.”

Emily looks around and sees everyone trick or treating and having a good time as if nothing happened.

“So why does everyone seem like they don’t notice?”

“That's because they didn’t notice. My world's events are invisible to those who haven’t talked to me, but you. You talked to me every time I came back.”

“I mean I don’t see you much and you are my neighbor.”

“Yea… That's why I was nervous about you looking around tonight. Like I said I can usually complete the event on my own before Hallow Eve’s night but I think I’m getting too old for this.”

“Well… Maybe if you teach me more I can take over when you retire. I’m still pretty young.”

Zander laughs.

“Do you really have what it takes to learn about my world?”

“Of course! I am very intelligent if you couldn’t tell.”

“Uh Huh… Well if that's what you believe then we can start right now.”

“Really!”

“Yea. First, you have to start with the name of my homeland.”

“What is it?”

“It’s called Terraria.”

The End​

1669759408088.png

Last edited:
When will the forum titles for the participators come?
They've been set. When the system automatically runs the update for titles, they'll be given out, should be sometime today.

Edited to add in that there was one entry that indicated it was submitted by a TCF member, but it did not include a proper link to the user, so the member is unknown. If that's you, please let me know what you submitted and I can give the forum titles correctly.

Last edited:
Wonderful contest. This contest finally gave me motivation to sculpt something out of wood again. 18 days, roughly 80+ hours of sawing and polishing 3 logs of wood to make one of my proudest creations. Even dough i didn't win, at least i have a giant wooden Terraria statue now to decorate my room with. I hope there will be another contest in the future, so i may be inspired again. Thank you Terraria and Great Job to the winners and runner-ups. :)

Wonderful contest. This contest finally gave me motivation to sculpt something out of wood again. 18 days, roughly 80+ hours of sawing and polishing 3 logs of wood to make one of my proudest creations. Even dough i didn't win, at least i have a giant wooden Terraria statue now to decorate my room with. I hope there will be another contest in the future, so i may be inspired again. Thank you Terraria and Great Job to the winners and runner-ups. :)

Same. I haven't sculpted anything in years and just haven't had the drive, especially something of this undertaking. It would have been nice to at least been in the showcase, but my spouse proudly showcased my work, literally, on a shelf in our game room. Thankfully it's behind an enclosure so it won't bite me due to lack of treats. o_O

Attachments

• IMG_20221130_145350357.jpg
    IMG_20221130_145350357.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 119
Last edited:
I wonder how many people did a legit painting like I did, because I don't see any :"(.
I even went as far using primary colors and hand mixing all my paint.
I didn't even get featured, ouch lol X__X
I feel ya. I'm wondering if I'm the only one that featured a mimic. I'm a painter & crafter myself and years ago went into researching how to grind my own pigments, or at least take away knowledge of how they were originally made. Didn't pursue it for forgotten reasons, maybe it included crushing up beetles... I have much respect for that traditional process, I applaud you that you have that knowledge and patience. Your painting looks absolutely stunning. The pumpkin touches were cute and classy. Very nicely done. How big of a painting is that ?

Last edited:
I definitely understand not having the drive to create anything. I'm not an expert by any means, and I seldom finish anything I started. I've been on a bit of a dry spell the past ten years.
This was a very big exception for me.

Nicely done though, a killer piece you have indeed. :)
I feel ya. I'm wondering if I'm the only one that featured a mimic. I'm a painter & crafter myself and years ago went into researching how to grind my own pigments, or at least take away knowledge of how they were originally made. Didn't pursue it for forgotten reasons, maybe it included crushing up beetles... I have much respect for that traditional process, I applaud you that you have that knowledge and patience. Your painting looks absolutely stunning. The pumpkin touches were cute and classy. Very nicely done. How big of a painting is that ?
It's a possibility that you were the only one that did a mimic. I was routing for you for sure, it's a fine piece. My sister was able to get around your level of expertise when it comes to painting. Fun fact, painters did use beetles to make certain colors (I think); but, did you know they used ground up mummies back in the day to make a color called "mummy brown"? XD I'm by far not an expert like you or my sister lol. I've only taken one single painting class in college, after mustering the courage to sign up for it in college. I have a difficult time gathering up enough courage to do any sort of work, considering my sister was essentially a child prodigy.

But thank you so much. :) I even made a little story for the whole thing. There's a slime that only spawns on Halloween, that holds a pumpkin seed inside of it. Once you kill it, the chest under it is unlocked (or the chest can be spawned somewhere undergound, so you have to find it), and you can use the item in the chest to plant the seed, which in turn spawns the Halloween Meowmere sword. But only on Halloween.
As for the size of the canvas it's a 12inch X 36inch canvas.

its funny how as soon as it ends I can do it now lmao
I entered a painting because I knew a lot of people would do digital. Lol.
And I wasn't knocking digital art either.

I can send you a link of some stuff I've done though...or perhaps if I can, I'll make a post of it in my about me.
You may be dishonest, but that doesn't mean I am. XD

Update: For anyone who wants to see a piece of my digital work. A link to one will be in my about me section for a little while (I'll try get at least one other up).
I didn't see this as an appropriate place to share it. This section is about the Halloween contest, winners, and showcases. And people who
are bravely sharing what they did, even if they didn't win.^_^

(I'm not one to share any of my art. But I do very much like digital art too. I mean...I love video games so how can I not? X3)

Last edited:
It's a nice digital piece of work for sure, I do digital art as well so I can appreciate it. XD

But do a physical painting, then come talk to me about threats. ;3
Bro I've painted in traditional for 8 years, no need to pretend that traditional is conceptually better than digital 💀💀💀

Bro I've painted in traditional for 8 years, no need to pretend that traditional is conceptually better than digital.
If I wanted to say that...I would have outright said that. As I'd have no problem saying it, if that's what I mean to say.
But I didn't, now did I? If you KNOW I stated exactly that (not just think I did) please the find the part where I said that it was and quote it back for me.

However...if you want to get technical.
I'm sure people would prefer to have the real Mona Lisa over a digital copy of her.
I mean...her value over a digital rendition says enough.

As for my response to your "threat".
If you can't play in the playground, maybe you shouldn't play around?
As I thought you were joking, I just simply played back is all. You know...a lighthearted banter...also known as a joke.
So calm down.

I will say...to any lurkers...who submitted a carving or sculpture of any sort. WIn or not. I commend you.
One little mess up could have spelled disaster...there is literally zero ability to undo if something breaks after it's finished.
And I also have done some of that myself as well, so I know when something goes wrong, either it's completely done for or changes the piece forever.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom