Official Labor of Hallow's Eve Entry Showcase

If I wanted to say that...I would have outright said that. As I'd have no problem saying it, if that's what I mean to say.
But I didn't, now did I? If you KNOW I stated exactly that (not just think I did) please the find the part where I said that it was and quote it back for me.

However...if you want to get technical.
I'm sure people would prefer to have the real Mona Lisa over a digital copy of her.
I mean...her value over a digital rendition says enough.

As for my response to your "threat".
If you can't play in the playground, maybe you shouldn't play around?
As I thought you were joking, I just simply played back is all. You know...a lighthearted banter...also known as a joke.
So calm down.
Yea sorry, I couldn't hold my inner shadow the edgehog in, I was overly passive-agressive. The threat was real, however - I'm gonna try and beat all the artists. There are no "traditional" or "digital" art distinctions in this contest so that includes you too, regardless of the type of drawing I produce next time. Besides, artistic value is the same anyway. It's all "legit" paintings, as you said in your (very nice) traditional artwork you posted. I think the word you're going for is "physical", not "legit"

If I wanted to say that...I would have outright said that. As I'd have no problem saying it, if that's what I mean to say.
But I didn't, now did I? If you KNOW I stated exactly that (not just think I did) please the find the part where I said that it was and quote it back for me.

However...if you want to get technical.
I'm sure people would prefer to have the real Mona Lisa over a digital copy of her.
I mean...her value over a digital rendition says enough.

As for my response to your "threat".
If you can't play in the playground, maybe you shouldn't play around?
As I thought you were joking, I just simply played back is all. You know...a lighthearted banter...also known as a joke.
So calm down.

I will say...to any lurkers...who submitted a carving or sculpture of any sort. WIn or not. I commend you.
One little mess up could have spelled disaster...there is literally zero ability to undo if something breaks after it's finished.
And I also have done some of that myself as well, so I know when something goes wrong, either it's completely done for or changes the piece forever.

This is meant to be a positive discussion about people's awesome work, not a discussion about the merits of different types of artwork. Please stay civil and respectful to all other users.

This is meant to be a positive discussion about people's awesome work, not a discussion about the merits of different types of artwork. Please stay civil and respectful to all other users.
Oh I agree. Which is why I said what I did.
So hopefully you quoted me for another reason. Not to single me out...because if you look back I wasn't the one being rude.
Posting "threats" and mocking "others for saying they have certain abilities".

And if it's about art, whether you are a mod or not. I have a right to talk about art related stuff and voice my opinion as well.
Nothing I said was bad or about anyone, other than those I was commending...which is positive right?

So again if it isn't clear, to anyone reading this. I LIKE digital art.
But I am very blown away by the carvings and sculptures.
That is all.

Last edited:
Uhhh what?... No 3D :red: in the artwork section???? I saw heaps and heaps of people asking to put their 3D ART into the artwork section, all confirmed and so I'm going to guess it all went into the artwork. But what do I see? some 3 hour digital stuff and no 3D artwork. Just because it wasn't listed into the artwork section doesn't mean that it's not :red:ing artwork! Heck! We even asked if it was allowed and like I said, ALL CONFIRMED! so you're telling me that whoever was behind this competition didn't bother to change the rules in the artwork section to add "Clay, wood or any other 3D models" into it?!?!?!?! BULL:red:!! I CALL BULL:red:!!! Yeah I'm mad because I didn't get up there. (not that I would've to these :red:ty organisers and their lack of knowledge on "art") But COME ON, I have a freaking point here. Was it because I didn't add it to some trash twitter post with a #laborofhallowseve :red:? Or was it because I added the total 5 images? TELL ME! Rigged 👎
Oh and nice "two weeks until voting"

Uhhh what?... No 3D :red: in the artwork section???? I saw heaps and heaps of people asking to put their 3D ART into the artwork section, all confirmed and so I'm going to guess it all went into the artwork. But what do I see? some 3 hour digital stuff and no 3D artwork. Just because it wasn't listed into the artwork section doesn't mean that it's not :red:ing artwork! Heck! We even asked if it was allowed and like I said, ALL CONFIRMED! so you're telling me that whoever was behind this competition didn't bother to change the rules in the artwork section to add "Clay, wood or any other 3D models" into it?!?!?!?! BULL:red:!! I CALL BULL:red:!!! Yeah I'm mad because I didn't get up there. (not that I would've to these :red:ty organisers and their lack of knowledge on "art") But COME ON, I have a freaking point here. Was it because I didn't add it to some trash twitter post with a #laborofhallowseve :red:? Or was it because I added the total 5 images? TELL ME! Rigged 👎
Oh and nice "two weeks until voting"

Hey there

Your art piece was pretty awesome, and was one of the pieces that very nearly made the runner-ups for the Art entry. I wasn't involved in selections for the showcase, but as far as the voting and finalist selection was concerned, yours was pretty great, and I was sad we didn't have more runner-ups almost specifically because of yours. Also, the 1st runner up in the art category was a physical sculpture as well.

But please don't be so aggressive about it; many people put a lot of work and love into their work, and not all of them are going to end up winning or featured. Perhaps yours should have, but everyone feels attachment to their own work. It may have been an honest oversight, this contest had a tremendous amount of entries, and managing it was very challenging and time consuming.

Hey there

Your art piece was pretty awesome, and was one of the pieces that very nearly made the runner-ups for the Art entry. I wasn't involved in selections for the showcase, but as far as the voting and finalist selection was concerned, yours was pretty great, and I was sad we didn't have more runner-ups almost specifically because of yours. Also, the 1st runner up in the art category was a physical sculpture as well.

But please don't be so aggressive about it; many people put a lot of work and love into their work, and not all of them are going to end up winning or featured. Perhaps yours should have, but everyone feels attachment to their own work. It may have been an honest oversight, this contest had a tremendous amount of entries, and managing it was very challenging and time consuming.
I'd say it was an oversight (no duh from me) but the winner better be freaking good. After showing absolutely everyone I know mine, they have and had no doubt of me winning. Yes there's a lot of basic digital work which looks clean but is low effort. The winners better be good.
And also did you all even look into it two or three times? Or just rated each out of 10 or 100? Like after waiting for the rest of the month instead of two weeks it would make sense to be that way. Either way you confirmed that not all members were even apart of the selections.
It just really sucks because even though I know most people liked theirs and put effort into it, it 100% wasn't even close to mine. Sucks I didn't even get runners up.
There's more to this and I need a clearer answer as to what on earth is going on with the selections.
ALSO WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT.... "and not all of them are going to end up winning or featured." Featured... Why wasn't mine featured if you said "and I was sad we didn't have more runner-ups almost specifically because of yours." Like you basically said mine was close to third. WHAT! trying to calm me down I see.
Who was behind all of this? "let me speak to your manager"

Last edited:
I'd say it was an oversight (no duh from me) but the winner better be freaking good. After showing absolutely everyone I know mine, they have and had no doubt of me winning. Yes there's a lot of basic digital work which looks clean but is low effort. The winners better be good.

I'm fairly satisfied with our winners on the whole. Accusing other entries as "low effort" is unbecoming.

And also did you all even look into it two or three times? Or just rated each out of 10 or 100? Like after waiting for the rest of the month instead of two weeks it would make sense to be that way. Either way you confirmed that not all members were even apart of the selections.

Yes, we had a multi-phase review process that involved both score based voting, discussion of whether we agreed with the vote score, as well as a final discussion on which should be the winners (whether or not the score agreed with them).

We definitely took time to consider the winners in each category, and there was certainly some back and forth about what should and should not be the winner.

I'm not sure what you mean about all members not being part of the selections . . . every entry that wasn't breaking rules was eligible for selection. What did I say that indicated otherwise here?

It just really sucks because even though I know most people liked theirs and put effort into it, it 100% wasn't even close to mine. Sucks I didn't even get runners up.

I would have felt equally bad if the current runners-up had not been runners-up as well. I respect the work that went into your entry, but I also respect the work that went into the other entries.

There's more to this and I need a clearer answer as to what on earth is going on with the selections.

ALSO WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT.... "and not all of them are going to end up winning or featured." Featured... Why wasn't mine featured if you said "and I was sad we didn't have more runner-ups almost specifically because of yours." Like you basically said mine was close to third. WHAT! trying to calm me down I see.
Who was behind all of this? "let me speak to your manager"

ReLogic did not select the entries that were in the featured thread, that was not related to the winner selection process. Its simply a selection of pieces that were shared, there is no official ranking or scoring for it.

You are welcome to ask for clarification, but there is no demanding a manager here. Your entry was great, I wish it could have won, but I also wish all of our top art entries could have won. I'm not sure what outcome you are expecting, except perhaps being included in the featured list? If it was added, couldn't any person demand to be added the same? The OP notes that you are more than welcome to share your entry here as well, since this thread was not intended to show every single one of the 900+ entries.

Must've been unclear. I meant the people behind the event not participants.

Could you clarify what the issue being raised is then? The winner/runner-up selection was determined by all of the members of ReLogic. If there was indication that this should have been otherwise in one of the threads, I was unaware of it.

I really want to share what I worked on. My fiancée and I spent hours getting scaffolding in place internally so the fire and lasers glowed a different color without bleeding into the main bodies. There are a total of 3 light sources in each pumpkin to make them look like that.

Attachments

• unknown-2.png
    unknown-2.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 54
index.php

Happy November fellow Terrarians, we hope that you also had a spectacular time celebrating Halloween and observing or participating in the contest.

Over 900 entries were submitted to our contest, and while it would be difficult to showcase all of them, we want to personally show the insane talent that our participants have demonstrated in some of the entries.

The 5 winners and 10 Runner Ups have made truly incredible entries that have won prizes, but they are only a fraction of the incredible entries we have seen and reviewed. Due to this contest working differently from traditional Terraria contests by involving more than just TCF, we decided to showcase several of some of the other amazing entries we have seen while judging!

If you haven't seen it already, the winners Thread can be viewed here. Plenty of brilliant eye candy to be seen from the winners and this thread. (Eye of Cthulhu candy!?)

If you are a participant and your entry is not part of our showcase, don't worry. You may still also share your entry here to join in the fun. We tried to get many of the top contenders in, but due to technical limitations, it wouldn't be possible to show all of them.

Select the category of entries you want to see from the spoilers below! The Creation will be listed above while the Creator's name will be listed directly below each entry.

StreetPig#9629

PowerHouse#0496

bonkbees#3553

cra4QLr.png

Benpeg04

Jump Boost#8103

View attachment 392931
WARNING - Contains Profanity within the Adventure Map
LuquiLuqui

rubbish#3576

DrVoodoo#7863

View attachment 392932
Kettu Fox

Afrodite

View attachment 392947
I’m pretty sad I didn’t get in the runner ups, but it’s probably because I drew in a cartoony style. Good job to those lucky ones who made it in :)

I sugggest dividing drawings into traditional and digital in next art contests because digital have more perks than traditional. It is like sending a formula 2 and a formula 1 driver onto the same race.

I sugggest dividing drawings into traditional and digital in next art contests because digital have more perks than traditional. It is like sending a formula 2 and a formula 1 driver onto the same race.
Though in this specific case (an online Art Contest), I would agree that your sentiment is 100% correct, the latter part of your statement is a bit off... perhaps an overreach even. 🤔☕

Digital Art indeed possesses quite a number of perks in a "microwave", "I need it right now", dopamine driven subculture. It's fast, easy to edit, has many short-cut tools, many do-the-work-for-me features, can be reproduced in high fidelity, and is extremely popular in the Tech World/ Tech Spaces.

However, I have yet to see any digital art that has reached the cultural heights of a Las Meninas, Ma Jolie, The Creation of Adam, or Mona Lisa. This isn't a shot at digital art by any means, but I think it's important that we have some perspective when measuring things aside one another. In fact, the gap between distinguishing a LOT of digital artwork, and something generated by an AI called "Lensa" is becoming increasingly difficult. I think that should speak volumes to any Artist worth their weight in salt. Two different leagues...

Back
Top Bottom