Xbox One Lag/Slowness in specific location of world

o0Danny0o

Terrarian
Hi everyone i have a strange issue happening in my game. I've made 3 houses in a row, all the same and built using the same materials. Stone slab, planked wall, glass wall for windows, doors and wood wall and each house is the size. When i run through the houses as soon as i reach my middle house the game slows down and lags, once i have left the house the game runs fine again. I removed all lights, all furniture and killed the NPC'S off with lava, i then removed the lava, saved the game, quit, restarted my modem and my xbox. I came back on and the same thing is happening. It seems to be specific to the middle house location, i had no problems in the area before i built the house. Anyone know what could be causing it? There's no furniture, lights, chests, NPC's or anything dynamic around or in the house at all, this doesn't happen to any other houses or builds i've made. I even wen as far as removing everything from the two houses at the side of the middle house. Nothing.

My girlfriend when she joins me also lags in this specific spot, also when i run past her or she runs past me i can actually see our characters "Lagging" by lagging i mean you run through the door into the house and the lags that bad my player on her screen teleports to the other door instead of running through the house, same happens when she runs past me. Yet my internet is fine, no packet loss and low latency. No issues in any other parts of my world.

I have no idea what to do, any help would be great. Thanks.

Edit/Update: "Glass" is the cause of the lagging/freezing/slowness. I also noticed this issue around my "Church" and my "Stargate". I sat there for about half an hour trying to figure out what all 3 locations had in common, it took me a while then i realised glass was what they had in common. I removed the glass from all the houses, the church and i removed the event horizon from the stargate (Which as made from waterfall block) and the issues vanishes instantly, nice and smooth. I then put all windows back into the houses and but left the church and stargate, the issue started again around the houses but was fine around the church and stargate. I then placed the glass back into the church and stargate and the issues started again around them.

Removing the glass removes the problem. My new problem is how do i report this? Is 505 already aware of this? If so is there a forum topic i can follow? Thanks all.

Last edited:
My new problem is how do i report this? Is 505 already aware of this? If so is there a forum topic i can follow? Thanks all.
You can file a ticket at http://support.505games.com You'll need to make an account though.

Also I suggest getting screenshots to show the size of the buildings you're talking about. Hopefully the new game engine being built for 1.3 update will fix this on current gen consoles.

Back
Top Bottom