PC Lag When Walking

TheBilateralGamer

Spazmatism
Problem
Whenever I walk on the ground in any direction, my game starts to lag up a storm. Whenever I jump in any direction though or stand still, it's completely fine. (By fine, I mean the game stays at a steady 60 FPS.) It's also fine when I use a tool, weapon, etc.

Notes
-This hasn't been an issue until the 1.3.1 update and 1.3.1.1 update released.
-Changing the Frame Skip option, Lighting options, and Resolution don't change anything.
-Turning on V-Sync and Triple Buffering did nothing. Neither did restarting my computer.

Specs
Uzz3yjN.png

EDIT:
Solution (For Me At Least)
I have two control panels: the normal Windows Control Panel and ASUS Command. The Windows Control Panel was set to focus on performance, but somehow, the ASUS Command was set to be Balanced. In other words, they were overriding each other. After setting both of them to focus on Performance, Terraria was fixed, and I could actually play.

Last edited:
Okay, I am at a complete loss here. I tried everything I can think of, but Terraria is still doing the lag when walking thing. All other games, even the more graphic intensive ones, run at a stable 60 FPS, so it's not a problem with my computer. All I can assume is either Terraria has a problem, which I don't believe, or there's something wrong with one of the things that were required to download to make Terraria work. I tried reinstalling them, and nothing freaking happened. :sigh:

Alright, now I'm starting to get ticked. I disabled EVERY SINGLE SERVICE except for the ones that needed to be on, and my game is still lagging. I might just give up at this point. RIP Future Terraria Fun Times. You will be missed.

EDIT: HOLY CRAP I FIXED IT. FINALLY! I'll post the solution here and on the original post just in case people have this problem too. I have two control panels: the normal Windows Control Panel and ASUS Command. The Windows Control Panel was set to focus on performance, but somehow, the ASUS Command was set to be Balanced. In other words, they were overriding each other. After setting both of them to focus on Performance, Terraria was fixed, and I could actually play. :D

Last edited:
Alright, now I'm starting to get ticked. I disabled EVERY SINGLE SERVICE except for the ones that needed to be on, and my game is still lagging. I might just give up at this point. RIP Future Terraria Fun Times. You will be missed.

EDIT: HOLY CRAP I FIXED IT. FINALLY! I'll post the solution here and on the original post just in case people have this problem too. I have two control panels: the normal Windows Control Panel and ASUS Command. The Windows Control Panel was set to focus on performance, but somehow, the ASUS Command was set to be Balanced. In other words, they were overriding each other. After setting both of them to focus on Performance, Terraria was fixed, and I could actually play. :D
This is a issue that isn't for everyone though. This generally happens when you buy Pre-Built machines from stores. Generally speaking, you should know your computer well before playing games. Cause, even I wouldn't know these programs ran in the background.

This is a issue that isn't for everyone though. This generally happens when you buy Pre-Built machines from stores. Generally speaking, you should know your computer well before playing games. Cause, even I wouldn't know these programs ran in the background.
Yeah, I didn't even know ASUS command existed until I looked up some information about my computer. It's still strange that Terraria before the 1.3.1 update worked fine though. Anyway, thanks for helping me, and sorry for all the trouble. :)

Back
Top Bottom