Weapons & Equip Lakefreeze Boots, Hellfrost Boots, and Magic Ice Skates

SzGamer227

Spazmatism
This is just a fun little idea that I had to give Flurry Boots a unique upgrade that would differentiate it from Hermes Boots.

I give you the Lakefreeze Boots and its cousins, the Magic Ice Skates and the Hellfrost Boots.

(Thanks to The Miniature Shark for the sprites!)

<F for the fallen images from TO>
Lakefreeze Boots
* Allows sprinting.
* Allows walking and standing on water.
* Running on water will freeze the top layer of water into ice.
This would be the same kind of ice you find over water in the Underground Snow area.
The water level is unaffected by the formation or breaking of ice.
Falling into water will not cause it to freeze. You must be running or sprinting.
The ice can be broken by jumping on it and it will not re-freeze.​
Recipe:
Flurry_Boots.png
Flurry Boots
Water_Walking_Boots.png
Water Walking Boots
- Crafted at a Tinkerer's Workshop.
(Miscellaneous note: these two look very similar to each other. It's like they were meant to be combined.)

Magic Ice Skates
* Allows sprinting.
* Running on water will freeze the top layer of water into ice.
* Mobility is increased on ice. Ice will not break when you fall on it.
Recipe:
Lakefreeze Boots
Ice_Skates.png
Ice Skates

Hellfrost Boots
* Allows sprinting.
* Provides immunity to Burning damage from fire blocks.
* Provides 7 seconds of immunity to lava.
* Walking on water will freeze the top layer of water into ice while walking.
* Walking on lava will freeze the top layer into obsidian while walking.
Lava is depleted to avoid infinite Obsidian farming.​
Recipe:
Lakefreeze Boots
Lava_Waders.png
Lava Waders

And now, because I've always wanted them:

elemental-boots-png.105231

Elemental Boots
* Combination Hellfrost Boots and Frostspark Boots.
* Has every ability stated thus far.
* Complete elemental mastery in a magical piece of footwear.
Recipe:
Hellfrost Boots
Frostspark_Boots.png
Frostspark Boots

lakefreeze-boots-banner-png.112225

Thanks go to zimberzimber for making this banner!​

Last edited:
I had my own idea for this a while back, but since you already took the time to post this I'll go along with your idea. However, one request. Is it possible for you to incorporate a Lucky Horseshoe into them? I do not commonly use wings in PvP and sometimes I miss grapple and Gravity Boss OP. Is it possible for this final version of boots you have suggested to negate fall damage as well? Plz

I had my own idea for this a while back, but since you already took the time to post this I'll go along with your idea. However, one request. Is it possible for you to incorporate a Lucky Horseshoe into them? I do not commonly use wings in PvP and sometimes I miss grapple and Gravity Boss OP. Is it possible for this final version of boots you have suggested to negate fall damage as well? Plz
I'd just get myself a Horseshoe Balloon if I were you. ;P

I'd just get myself a Horseshoe Balloon if I were you. ;P
Awh... But I don't like having to sacrifice damage for a 3rd movement accessory D: I like my Tabi and Frostspark boots alone.
Then by chance, could you incorporate the Tabi into it? It is kinda like a sock. That may work :p

Awh... But I don't like having to sacrifice damage for a 3rd movement accessory D: I like my Tabi and Frostspark boots alone.
Then by chance, could you incorporate the Tabi into it? It is kinda like a sock. That may work :p
Elemental Boots are already rumored not to be added because of the amount of accessories already added to it.

Adding more would be double overkill.

That's a lot of boots:

Lava Charm
Obsidian Skull
Anklet of the Wind
Aglet
Ice Skates (x2)
Water Walking Boots (x2)
Flurry Boots (x2)
Rocket Boots
OR
Lava Charm
Obsidian Skull
Anklet of the Wind
Aglet
Ice Skates (x2)
Water Walking Boots (x2)
Flurry Boots
Hermes Boots
Rocket Boots

I feel the elemental boots make two equal accessories into one considerably over-powered accessory.

Hellfrost and frostspark boots are both equal in terms of abilities and overall utility, so combining them kind of feels like a lost opportunity for variation. It's the same thought behind combining shroomite, beetle, and spectre armor into one, even though they're all different and have unique abilities that aren't meant to be combined.

Besides that, the hellfrost boots have a nice range of traits which definitely act as an alternative to the frostspark boots.

For the millionth time, i already suggested elemental boots on TO, which was a combination if lava waders and frostsparks. In fact im not the only one to come up with that exact name and recipe. I think its so overposted it will probably be added in 1.3. I actually hope it does.

But to the point: i support this greatly, i just think you should change the name of the elementals. Elemental boots is more fitting for waders/frostsparks.

I sprited an Item that would fit into this suggestion a while ago
View attachment 19386
Firestorm boots- Lightning boots+Lava Waders

(sorry for no transparent background)
Sweet! If you could accent that with some Obsidian coloring, I could use those as the sprite for Hellfrost Boots, which are currently kind of ugly. I can't really fit in a Lightning Boots + Lava Waders combo because this suggestion revolves around the addition of Lakefreeze Boots, but I really like that sprite.

Sweet! If you could accent that with some Obsidian coloring, I could use those as the sprite for Hellfrost Boots, which are currently kind of ugly. I can't really fit in a Lightning Boots + Lava Waders combo because this suggestion revolves around the addition of Lakefreeze Boots, but I really like that sprite.
then change the frostspart to lightning, it already has ice skates doesn't it?

I love the idea. I'm not sure if this should be a side option to frost spark boots or to include it in the crafting recipe...

Last edited:
well,we have the spirit of Fire,Water and Ice in it,but I do not think that the Elemental boots is deserving of that name.Why not Name it Steam boots?

well,we have the spirit of Fire,Water and Ice in it,but I do not think that the Elemental boots is deserving of that name.Why not Name it Steam boots?
Because there's also lightning in it. And obsidian. And wind.
Water (or Ice): Too many to list
Earth: Obsidian Skull
Fire: Lava Waders; Lava Charm
Air: Anklet of the Wind
Lightning: Lightning Boots; Frostspark Boots

Brand new here and I had a question--hopefully it fits this thread. Does every world have ice skates? My friend is looking for hers in order to make the hellfrost boots but hasn't found any after searching all her ice area and underground.

Full support of this thread, and instead of calling them Magic Ice Skates, how about Flash Frost Skates or Flash Frost Striders?

This is unnecessary, those boots that create ice shouldn't even be crafted. Water walking boots make you stand on water, but those boots take that away and simply freeze the water. Although those boots could be in the game, I doubt they need water walking boots as a ingredient.
Also we have to many boots.

All in all -1 support.

Back
Top Bottom