Mobile Larger Worlds Coming to Mobile Terraria & a Status Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
usually closes when I go down recipes , also when changing weapon / block in the character's inventory , I just happened to those times ; v

Honestly, I'm more excited about the bug fixes. I know that sounds really weird, but world gen is almost always perfectly fine for me. Nice to see larger worlds though, hype for that too.

I had a crash that i believe was caused by the google play games account sign in tab appearing late while im in game instead of on the menu but since i reinstalled it and didnt sign in the first time it doesnt ask me continuously. This fixed that particular crash (albeit temporarily) but theres still an9ther which i believe is the one you mentioned because it usually happens when i open my inventory. Anyway thanks for the update, cant wait for the new world size!
[DOUBLEPOST=1455987954,1455987760][/DOUBLEPOST]Also whats the release date/ speculated release date?

Remember that's an estimate — might be longer if unforeseen problems crop up. As a developer I know how hard it is to guess how long something's really going to take. (Very hard indeed!)

Loki addresses the 3DS question in his post on the first page of the thread. Short version: based on the device's capabilities he guesses not, but doesn't have certain information.

WP and Amazon, we have not forgotten about you - progress has continued behind the scenes, and our hope (fingers crossed!) is to be able to bring this to everyone around the same time.
Does this mean you've been working on the WP crash at startup problem behind the scenes, or these updates? It's hard to get excited about content updates when I can't even launch the game. Just more feature I can't actually use.

Very excited, as I am getting sick of only being able to play terraria PC and not out and about with my friends. I own the iPhone 5 version and the worlds were ridiculously small, with my crimson/corruption taking over the world all the time. I am very happy about extended worlds! I always play small on PC as it is the perfect size but I only request one thing. For iPhones and smaller phones, the screen zoom size is REALLY small and I can not even see skeletron prime much when fighting him, and duke fishron is not visible at all. Please extend the zoom out size on iPhones, iPad is fine.

Thanks, Ethereal

Does this mean you've been working on the WP crash at startup problem behind the scenes, or these updates? It's hard to get excited about content updates when I can't even launch the game. Just more feature I can't actually use.

It sounds like he is referring to resolving the crash issues. :)

Hey neat, bigger worlds!:happy: I'll get a real feel for how big things are that the rest of the normal (PC) players. Just ran into RAM stats, and a Note 3 has 3gig, so technically I should be OK... technically... Game still acted like it was on a lesser device after playing for awhile, or after switching between apps.

I'd be a tester if I can get some save file backup support. Really! Some people here already know I can type up detailed reports! I'd even test for crashes that can kill save files if there was a way to recover from it.

Hopefully we can get snow biomes AND deserts in the same world naturally

I was just going to make a Sky Desert via the quirkiness of the Sandgun, both as a way to get a desert in there, but has a way as to have Meteorite protection, while making full use of the event. Both the entrance to the Crimson and Dungeon got hit twice, and really demolished things.

Does this mean that the "2 minute crashes everytime" bug that android and amazon will be fixed?
Wow, that's bad... Hope so. I never had it that bad, but even then the game was so unstable for me that I couldn't switch between apps without risking it crashing within minutes of returning.

Added edit: Almost forgot. If larger worlds are going to be added, will the user interface allow more than a few slots for worlds? I've already filled up my world slots hunting for a Living Loom (before that glitch was apparently fixed), and I'd would rather not delete them just to try out a new feature. And I'm sure a few others have much more time investmented in their allotment of 3 (or 6) worlds and would really miss out on this if they can't bring themselves to delete a world to make space for another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom