Mobile Larger Worlds Coming to Mobile Terraria & a Status Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good question. My GUESS based on reading all of the past threads and posts from @Deanzor is that it would be mobile only - with the possible future exception of New 3DS? Pretty sure 3DS only has 128MB RAM and N3DS only 256MB. Not sure how all of that would work - 505 would have to weigh in.

Seems really doubtful for old 3DS to me - but I'm no coder. :p

Larger worlds coming first on mobile, yes. Would need to be a New 3DS-only feature for Nintendo's handheld. Which is a shame, but you can only stretch the original 3DS so far.

I agree, there is absolutely no reson whatsoever to have a limit on the amount of worlds and characters that you can have. The PC version allows for infinite slots.
I agree, but then they'd need to make a new, more complex, user interface for mobile. :(And can't have anything too complex. :rolleyes:

If they read this, and if someone there has some foresight, they'd know something would have to change with the save file slots. Not much we can do besides bug them here about it.

I just hope they get the major issues fixed. Sad to say I was right; that after seeing the last update not fixing the save file error I have, I wouldn't be playing for the entire month (for the Valentine 'holiday'), or even the month after. :(

I would love to be a tester, but I’ve crashed a grand total of 1 times since 1.2.4 :p.

No. This is a mobile announcement. Why does everyone always ask about the 3DS version?

PC Small Worlds are huge :p.

iPad is not fine, there’s a glitch that it’s way more zoomed in than on other tablets.

I agree, there is absolutely no reson whatsoever to have a limit on the amount of worlds and characters that you can have. The PC version allows for infinite slots.

The 3DS version is a kind of hybrid of the Mobile and Console Version. It has Mobile exclusive content.

kdcROYP.png

HELP WANTED: CRASH TEST TERRARIANS

We have also been hard at work on bugs – with a heavy focus on crashes. We have been able to track some of the more widespread ones down to a good degree, but we could use your help in accelerating the process. Basically, we want you to try some things and see if you can reproduce the crash. Basically, we can tell what house the criminal is in….but not yet which room. We will eventually find it anyway, but you can help us find it faster – if that makes sense? Anyway, here goes:

We have a specific crash on iOS and Android which is responsible for 41% of the overall crashes in the current live builds. It occurs across multiple devices/specs. What we need to do is find solid reproduction steps.

It's likely related to the inventory, as some player actions is triggering a GetType exception, and our best guess is that is has something to do with armor - opening your inventory and changing armor sets, probably with armor from chests. We can't find exact repro steps however, just where its crashing via the logs. Basically the crash appears to happen when changing armor using chests. If we could find solid 100% reproduction steps it would speed things up greatly.

Can you help us find the culprit faster? :)

kdcROYP.png
@505Games-Mobile
and/or
@505 Games Support
So what should we do and how can we help? Is this something special, as in kind of 'hired on' (for lack of a better term) and need to submit something like a resume, or are we just being asked to use the Terraria Bug Report Form more often (or for once)?

Is there a dedicated spot for non-developer people (aka, the rest of us) to hash out what is going on here; where we can keep most people on the same page?

I'd love to help, but I feel like I'm lacking some important details here.

Lastly, what forum tag did you use to get those fancy stylized dividers? I see them in several places, and I see just plain line breaks/dividers, and yet I can't get a simpe pair of [HR][/HR] to work here like it does in most other forums that allow BB Code.

Sorry, I didn’t know that. I used to think that the 3DS was a kind of handheld console.

Most likely, they’ll probably have done the fixes by then.
I mean, the console is a handheld console but the version of Terraria in the console has parts from the lightweight mobile version because 3DS has so little RAM

@505Games-Mobile
and/or
@505 Games Support
So what should we do and how can we help? Is this something special, as in kind of 'hired on' (for lack of a better term) and need to submit something like a resume, or are we just being asked to use the Terraria Bug Report Form more often (or for once)?

I think they are trying to find folks that are willing to help spend the time to track it down. Using their CS Portal and the bug form would be a good start. :)

Is there a dedicated spot for non-developer people (aka, the rest of us) to hash out what is going on here; where we can keep most people on the same page?

There is the Mobile Bug Hub thread where updates are given, etc.?

Lastly, what forum tag did you use to get those fancy stylized dividers? I see them in several places, and I see just plain line breaks/dividers, and yet I can't get a simpe pair of
to work here like it does in most other forums that allow BB Code.

Those dividers are images.

I don't know about what other BBCode could be enabled. I lack the time nowadays to properly mess with that stuff anymore. Pinging @Tunnel King in case he knows more than I.

I think they are trying to find folks that are willing to help spend the time to track it down. Using their CS Portal and the bug form would be a good start. :)

There is the Mobile Bug Hub thread where updates are given, etc.?

Those dividers are images.

I don't know about what other BBCode could be enabled. I lack the time nowadays to properly mess with that stuff anymore. Pinging @Tunnel King in case he knows more than I.
Thanks.

The [HR][/HR] not working was annoying, because I'm into formatting things nicely, and having it not work made a few of my long posts harder to read and look a little tacky. I noticed while doing that 'Crash Testers' quote that when I tapped the line break images by accident, it wanted me to edit the image link, so I got an idea what it was midway into my post. Didn't want to mess with that if I didn't have to, and was hoping maybe it could have been accessed via a simpler BB Code command.

I was asking about where updates on the bug issue would/could be posted, and how to go about testing, since I feel like I could help, but I'm not only lacking some helpful tools, but some basic info as to what is required to get the what I found to the right place if/when I did have something. And I know I'm likely not the only one feeling this way.

A list of helpful stuff, like some apps people found helpful in debugging (for both rooted and non-rooted devices), where to post bug reports (like in said form I linked before), etc. One of the rules/FAQ Moderator threads should be updated so it has a link to that new bug report form 505 Games made.

Thanks for reading, and sorry if it sounds like I'm nagging.

The
not working was annoying, because I'm into formatting things nicely, and having it not work made a few of my long posts harder to read and look a little tacky. I noticed while doing that 'Crash Testers' quote that when I tapped the line break images by accident, it wanted me to edit the image link, so I got an idea what it was midway into my post. Didn't want to mess with that if I didn't have to, and was hoping maybe it could have been accessed via a simpler BB Code command.
Horizontal rule seems to work if you put the begin/end tags on separate lines (unlike the example on the BBCode Help page, which seems to not work). This may be due to something specific to Xenforo.

If you have other questions about bbcodes/formatting, please PM me, so we don't get off-topic in this thread. Thanks.

Does anyone know if reds wings are still in terraria ios
They never have been legitimately obtainable in any mobile version to date.

This thread is for discussing the console versions, not mobile.

<moved by @Nike Leon>

Last edited by a moderator:
Plz just tell me if are in the coding
[DOUBLEPOST=1456538786,1456538765][/DOUBLEPOST]Then I'll stop
[DOUBLEPOST=1456538888][/DOUBLEPOST]Also thay need to add [ weapon rack ]

No, we won't tell you. Only way to possibly get them is by hacking, and we don't allow discussion of that on this forum.
Please stop asking about it. Thanks.
One can't hack stuff into the game any more anyways. The coding is all different. Which is most likely why there were so many problems after that update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom