Weapons & Equip Laser sight accessory.

What do you think?

• Nah. I'm good.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Clancy117

Skeletron Prime
Pretty simple addition I've had on my mind for a few weeks. When a player holding a gun with this accessory equipped aims to shoot, a little red dot appears on the spot of whatever shootable thing they point it at. Basically a handy little aiming accessory for players who prefer to play ranger class and wanna make more of their shots count. As for how to obtain it my first idea is to have the Arms dealer sell it, (possibly as a hardmode accessory), for 5 gold. Maybe it could even be combined with the Sniper Scope accessory. Open to any positive feedback to improve the idea. suggestions? (Clarification: when I said "on the spot of whatever shootable thing they point it at" I meant the laser would follow your crossair but it's distance would keep going PAST the crossair until it hits something you can shoot.)

Last edited:
Also, as for combining it with the sniper scope, that would be awesome.not sure how we could improve the dot's functionality though. I would sprite this, but I'm stuck using an IPad for now.

Like @Trash Boat said, this is pretty useless as the cursor is basically the same thing. It should show a line that goes to wherever your cursor is and stops if theres something blocking it.

Like @Trash Boat said, this is pretty useless as the cursor is basically the same thing. It should show a line that goes to wherever your cursor is and stops if theres something blocking it.
That's what I meant though. I'm on Xbox 360 and my cursor only goes so far while I'm using a gun and I assume the same is true on other versions of the game so while I can only look and guess where my shot is going to go by looking at the cursor, the laser sight goes past the point of the cursor to show me exactly where my shot is gonna go.

Last edited:
That's what I meant though. I'm on Xbox 360 and my cursor only goes so far while I'm using a gun and I assume the same same is true on other versions of the game so while I can only look and guess where my shot is going to go by looking at the cursor, the laser sight goes past the point of the cursor to show me exactly where my shot is gonna go.
That's what I meant though. I'm on Xbox 360 and my cursor only goes so far while I'm using a gun and I assume the same same is true on other versions of the game so while I can only look and guess where my shot is going to go by looking at the cursor, the laser sight goes past the point of the cursor to show me exactly where my shot is gonna go.
The cursor can actually go to the edge of the screen on PC. If you want, you can report this thread and ask it to be marked for console. idk

Having the laser sight displayed as a line would be very handy for both console and PC, though, so there's no need to mark this thread as console only. I think a simpler way to do this would be to make the Rifle/Sniper Scope do this automatically, adding a toggle if it's needed.

Having the laser sight displayed as a line would be very handy for both console and PC, though, so there's no need to mark this thread as console only. I think a simpler way to do this would be to make the Rifle/Sniper Scope do this automatically, adding a toggle if it's needed.
Yeah I like the idea of a Laser sight with a visable line but somehow I imagine some people might just want the dot itself instead of a full line for some sort of visual or vanity reasons.

I don't know.... Seems like it would be better as its own accessory. Maybe add the laser as an effect of the sniper rifle, and use the acsesory to add that to other weapons

Back
Top Bottom