Last Prism vs Lunar Flare

Last Prism vs Lunar Flare

• Last Prism

Votes: 52 77.6%
  • Lunar Flare

Votes: 15 22.4%

• Total voters
In terms of convenience and general utility, Lunar Flare outperforms Last Prism. It's obviously good for handling single targets, but you can also simply hold left-click and sweep from one side of the screen to the other for some quick and easy crowd control. Keep in mind that Lunar Flare also pierces through walls and produces explosions on impact that deal even more damage.

Last Prism also has the unfortunate downside of guzzling mana like there's no tomorrow once it fully charges up - even with a full set of Mana Nebulas. If you want to use it on the field, you have to either grab every single mana star you can find to keep it sustained, switch it off and on to only use it while the beams are still converging to reduce to the mana drain, or resort to mana potions and slice away huge chunks of your DPS in the process. While Lunar Flare is hardly self-sustaining at full Mana Nebulas, the drain is slowed down to the point that you can reasonably collect mana stars from slain enemies to effectively fire it indefinitely.

However. These drawbacks can be easily mitigated with proper setup - a battlefield cleared of obstacles, and a simple dummy engine hooked up to two or three crab statues. Simply summon a raven or two on the crab statues (make sure they're strong enough to kill the crabs instantly and provide a steady supply of mana stars) and the Last Prism can fire indefinitely*. Any and every enemy can simply be mown down in seconds by the raw overwhelming power of this weapon; when optimized, it is the highest single source of DPS in the entire game.

Also, it lets you do this. Have fun with your Coin Gun.

(*The Last Prism laser actually disappears 60 seconds after you begin firing. It keeps using mana but deals no damage, so you have to stop and fire it again. I still don't get it.)

Last edited:
Moon Lord drops are like this: 2 of every class weapon (excluding Terrarian)
One item is better at Single Target and the other is better at Multi Target
Last Prism can easily kill Bosses
Lunar Flare can easily complete Events

Ooh, Last Prism for sure. While I love both, Last Prism is great with my full set of Nebula Armor, and I can keep it going for a long time sometimes.

in my opinion, lunar flare is better, woth my loadout and buffs i get 2k dps on last prism and 4.5k on lunar flare
but your loadout is probably diffrent than mine
the last prism is better when you need to fight hordes of tough enemies (for example the pumpkin moon) due to infinite piercing and high dps
but the lunar flare is better when you confront very powerful single targets such as most bosses and/or fire for longer durations without lowering dps via mana sickness

PS: i defeated dungeon guardian with lunar gflare, ufo mount and 20,000 fireworks with wiring, i couldnt do the same with last prism

While i do think last prism is better, Lunar flare is good in certain situations. Like how a post fishron person still uses nettle burst. Useful in some situations.

They are both good but in different situations. Lunar flare is good if you're not playing a summoner. Last prism is better for bosses. Both Lunar flare and Last prism are good for events. Lunar flare is better for caves and confined spaces since it goes through blocks. But idk i don't even play mage so i guess its up 2 u.

Last prism all the way, combine it with a full inventory of mana potions and a mana flower and you've got yourself a near infinite death lazer

I don't use both weapons very often, but I certainly prefer the Last Prism since it looks cooler (IMO), and other than that I'd just use whichever I get first.

I think both are cool, here's why

Last prism, has a really massive burst damage which is cost Mana so fast. But good for defeating some bosses tho. I like prism, because it has colorful spark :D

Lunar flare, has a lightning or flare thing that coming from the sky above and blast some evil mobs, and pretty good to use and can go through wall. So it is worth to use.

Back
Top Bottom