Latest Fixes and Improvements Now Available for Terraria: Journey's End on Consoles!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loki

Consigliere
Staff member
Re-Logic
Administrator
JE Forum Banner v2.png

Greetings Terrarians!

We have a fresh batch of fixes and tweaks out today for our friends on Xbox and PlayStation! Take a look, and please keep your feedback coming!

Patch Notes for v1.4.0.5.6

New!

• Move the Sun! You can now control the sun and the moon on the frontend menu by holding RT/R2 + right stick. Give it a whirl!
  • It's back! It is again possible to use the Touch Pad on the PS4 Dualshock Controller to zoom in and out of the world and transition between the world and map!
    • In Settings >> Controller >> Pinch Zoom World and Pinch Zoom Map are now available

Improved!

• Based on player feedback we've fixed the hotbar navigation when a Dynamic Hotbar item is bound to a hotbar slot, making it easier to jump through the Hotbar
  • Improved mouse & keyboard support across the board. Keyboard bindings for inventory management are now closer to PC
    • Use Shift/Ctrl/Alt + click to quick deposit/sell, quick trash and favorite items
    • Press Alt + left click to toggle the vanity visibility on equipment (this differs from PC, pressing Alt changes the cursor to an eye and you can click anywhere in the slot)
    • In Settings >> Keyboard & Mouse >> Quick Trash can be set to Shift + click or Ctrl + click
  • Improved world creation speed!
  • Improved boot up time, the game now starts a little bit quicker!

Fixed!

Multiplayer and Split Screen
  • Fixed mannequins losing items when placed by the host and not being able to be seen by other players
  • Fixed an issue in multiplayer where an item was lost if held when a chest was closed
  • Fixed player 2+ in split screen being immune to projectiles
  • Fixed a few issues where open menus caused navigation conflicts or problems navigating the game in split screen and multiplayer
  • Fixed issues where open menus interfered with joining multiplayer games
  • Fixed the issue where users were unable to navigate through the Options menu during multiplayer if their network connection was lost when a menu was open
  • Fixed the delay in picking up items when the host threw an item to another player
  • Fixed a number of crashes
    • Fixed some player reported crashes when player encounters certain trees from their 1.3 worlds
    • Fixed the crash when the Painter's house is in a hallowed-snow graveyard biome and trying to open his shop
    • Fixed a bug on PS4 where some worlds are unable to be hosted, or cause a crash when they move to an area which was very built up (many items placed in one location). If you have worlds where you cannot get your friend to join them, and you're able to access your files on PS4, please send us the world file so we can investigate further Upload your PS4 game files to the devs
    • Please let us know if you experience a crash by reporting it in the forums and including as much detail as possible!

And many more fixes!
  • Fixed the issue where some players were unable to unlock Pet Collector achievement. Please let us know if you still are having an issue by raising a bug in the forums!
  • Fixed! The housing menu should be easier to navigate/query/assign npcs now!
  • Fixed the issue where player's couldn't quick equip an item from a chest, as long as there isn't a conflicting binding for Use Item bound in the Settings
  • Fixed the controller binding for Research! You can now open the Research menu directly from an item in the Inventory. You can find this in Settings >> Controller >> Controller Bindings: Edit >> Inventory and bind Research Item!
  • Fixed a number of UI visual and graphical issues
  • Fixed that one hairstyle being displayed outside the hairstyle list menu.
  • Fixed an issue where the player was prevented from continuing to play if they died while a text input box was open
  • Fixed issue where sometimes when using a crafting station items could appear at a locked-on enemy's location
  • Fixed item pickup range in Journey mode to match PC. It's now possible to throw items from the inventory without immediately picking them back up!
  • Fixed multiline editing on signs and tombstones for PS4.
    • Sorry Xbox players ;( this is a harder fix to add as it's not supported by the Xbox's default text input system
  • Fixed a bug where the frame rate would drop when the housing menu was open and you had a lot of NPCs
  • Fixed the issue where the summons tag on enemies could disappear if you got too far away from the enemy, making it hard to know who your summons were targeted on
  • Fixed the issue where the biome artwork behind the map was incorrectly scaled depending on UI zoom level and especially in split screen
  • Fixed a graphical glitch in the tutorial dialog boxes
  • Fixed a missing controller prompt on tutorial dialog boxes

Last edited by a moderator:
Have the "encumbering stone" and "eaters bone" bugs been fixed yet? I have killed over 100 eater of worlds and opened over 100 sandstone chests and still haven't been able to get those items so I'm guessing its a glitch and the Terraria Wikis wrong. My friends who also play on console haven't been able to get those items too. If I'm wrong and the encumbering stones in the game could somebody give me a world seed with one in it or show proof that they've got these items in their 1.4 worlds because I haven't seen anybody with them on the PS4 version.

Does this patch add split screen online back? If not, do we have an update on when it's coming back?

Not in this patch. No timeline yet. Definitely remains on the list.

Have the "encumbering stone" and "eaters bone" bugs been fixed yet? I have killed over 100 eater of worlds and opened over 100 sandstone chests and still haven't been able to get those items so I'm guessing its a glitch and the Terraria Wikis wrong. My friends who also play on console haven't been able to get those items too. If I'm wrong and the encumbering stones in the game could somebody give me a world seed with one in it or show proof that they've got these items in their 1.4 worlds because I haven't seen anybody with them on the PS4 version.

90%+ of the time, “I did X a lot of times and didn’t get <drop>“ is just bad luck in regards to RNG.

Independent probability is like that.

Drop rate on eaters bone is only 5%. On 100 rolls, that means a 0.6% chance of not getting one. Unlucky sure, but not insane (I’ve had WAY worse in my gaming life haha).

Chest drops are always a bit harder to gauge.

I’m sure we can have the team look - but just saying, based on 10.5 years of such reports, it’s almost always just “bad RNG luck”.

Gahh, was really hoping an auto select + smart cursor fix would be in this one. Any chance to get more visibility on it outside of making a bug report? Made one a month ago but it didn't get much attention.

I'm gonna finish off some of those last trophies. Has anyone got a list for Pet Collector & Armorer?

good obsidian armor when~:D

Awesome, great work! Can't wait to hop back in.

I wonder when we will be getting 1.4.1 on console... :)

The vanity contest sets be lookin' mighty fine

Gahh, was really hoping an auto select + smart cursor fix would be in this one. Any chance to get more visibility on it outside of making a bug report? Made one a month ago but it didn't get much attention.

What, precisely is the issue? Just making sure its known.

Is there an issue with the Autosave option? I have it Off so I can quit out of the game (xbox) without any changes to my maps, inventory, etc. While testing Moon Lord summons today, I quit out and returned to the game, only to find out it saved during gameplay. I did not perform Save & Exit at all, and had to do this process twice to make sure I wasn't mistaken. Does the game Autosave regardless when the player dies? I would prefer the game wouldn't save at all, thus Autosave off. Any suggestions?

Improved!

• Based on player feedback we've fixed the hotbar navigation when a Dynamic Hotbar item is bound to a hotbar slot, making it easier to jump through the Hotbar
Amazing! It works just like it did pre-JE update. Many thanks to the team! <3 At this point I'm confident enough in how the post-JE game plays and controls on PS4 such that I got two of my friends to buy the game for multiplayer.

And many more fixes!
  • Fixed! The housing menu should be easier to navigate/query/assign npcs now!
What exactly changed? I don't immediately notice any difference.

• Fixed a number of UI visual and graphical issues
Curious to what these were!

• Fixed issue where sometimes when using a crafting station items could appear at a locked-on enemy's location
Bit unrelated, but will we ever get an option to disable the lock-on arrow, for example if we don't use lock-on at all? I really want enemies to just appear as enemies without the yellow arrows telling me they can be locked on, even though I don't even use the function.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom