PC Latest Terraria version lags a lot on Windows 10.

WavingCookie

Steampunker
Before you say: "It's your specs" let me show you something:

16 Go RAM, i5 3,0GHz processor, GTX 970.

here;

So, what's happening ?

That game justs lags, mostly when I alt tab.

I use Windows 10 64 bits (which I regret)

Any idea how I could fix this ?

EDIT: Game gave out a Draw crash. Why ?

recently saw that xbox replay also called gamedvr might be enabled by default. Try disabling it ?
or just uninstall the windows 10 that gives 10x more problems ? ^^ (since you seem to regret it)

recently saw that xbox replay also called gamedvr might be enabled by default. Try disabling it ?
or just uninstall the windows 10 that gives 10x more problems ? ^^ (since you seem to regret it)

We need people to use the new OS in order to test out games so that they will get proper updates. Most of us with 7/8.1 have a year to claim the free update, so a good portion will want to upgrade eventually. I personally have not had any issues with Windows 10 outside of Terraria. There is a minor start screen/full screen start menu bug where the icons scatter, but one or two bugs here and there is hardly a deal breaker. I use my machine for work and my workflow has not changed.

IIRC Terraria is running on XNA, a now no longer updated framework, so it's not surprising there will be will be some kinks to work out. However, you will get likely have issues with any OS upgrade.

WavingCookie, sometimes games don't like Alt Tab. Sometimes it is a video card issue. I would watch your other background processes. A good test would be to start a fresh user and play Terraria on that one. (You won't have your game saves, so you will have to copy them over)

You can try updating your DirectX installation. You can also try playing outside of Steam if you are using it to play (by running .exe directly) and see if that improves things as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom