Biomes & Nature Lava Trap

To yee or not to yee

• Yee

• Yee but change _

• Not Yee

• ER MA GERD THE IMAGES ARE SO BIG!!!!

Results are only viewable after voting.
The mines is full of insanely dangerous traps and more continue to be added. I have a proposal for one more that doesn't require a new item: The Lava Trap. It is a row of stone blocks that naturally spawn over some pits of lava in the caverns layer and ash over the ones in hell. The blocks are acutated and wired to a gray/grey pressure plate lying a block away from the pit.

Here are some visuals for the mines version:

No Wire:
94DF2AF1860ABA9F7A3AD9444D37EC768CD3DC63

Wire:
3986CAA090004D1A0945D5B451CF3F369CF8AB31

I think it would be better with active stone blocks instead of actuated normal stone. And the underworld is already fairly lethal as it is with the giant lava lakes, so I don't think it really needs traps.

I think it would be better with active stone blocks instead of actuated normal stone. And the underworld is already fairly lethal as it is with the giant lava lakes, so I don't think it really needs traps.
Active stone blocks were a passing fad that only existed because of a lack of acutators existing at the time

But you might be right about the hell thing being hard, it in hell might be expert only.

Even with obsidian, it wouldn't be cunning. The pressure plate would just stand out too clearly on top of the obsidian, and the lack of nearby water would raise more concerns among players, making it stand out to be a trap even more. Plus, the obsidian would be slightly above the lava, unlike natural obsidian, which is created inside the lava. Perhaps if the obsidian generated inside the lava like it naturally does in contact with water, then that would be a different story.

I feel like it would be better if another trap/item was included to work with the lava to kill the player, similar to Jetsteam's Grapple Trap. Just putting some blocks above the lava isn't too astonishing.

the lack of nearby water would raise more concerns among players, making it stand out to be a trap even more.
It would be a lot more cunning if we made worlds generate with a few natural, harmless obsidian bridges. It still probably wouldn't fool people more than once, but the same goes for a lot of traps.

Back
Top Bottom