• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

tModLoader LavaRain - It makes lava rain from the sky.

Sora_92

Terrarian
You couldn't move the Lizhard altar before defeating Golem at least once though, or can you? which you can't do pre plantera even if you break into the temple. and you can't fight plantera before all 3 mech bosses are down. which you can't really do before WoF is down... right? so grabbing the altar could be only possible in a fast speedrun, right?

By the way, thinking more on the earlier version I tried that turned into more of a drow challange, I think that got more a "post-apocalytic" setting, than "apocalytic", like, sure, lava destroyed the entire surface, and is mostly occupying it, but otherwise as long as you prevent it from coming down the caverns, it's mostly safe there. so the "apocalypse survivor" adventurer and others there are safe and thus can wonder about things like the true value of the lost surface, or how they miss sunlight and stuff. heroes in the later version where lava would eat up everything wouldn't really have time to think about such phylosophical stuff, since they would be mostly busy running for their life XD

by the way, does it destroy obsidian too? since that naturally forms where lava contacts water...

Astral Mist

Terrarian
I made an account specifically to comment this, but as for the debate on which blocks it should or should not destroy, what about making that an option in the configs? Either by having the player enter the specific ID of blocks they want to be immune, which could make for some interesting modifications, like the only immune blocks being Luminite, or just a specific pair of toggles on whether Lhizard and Dungeon blocks are immune.

I got another idea: A way to craft your own later, lets say: Temple Key+Fire Blocks=Temple Alter. (You could do something rather sneaky and make it craftable only after the alter was been consumed)
Here's another idea: When lava gets to the alter and eats it, just quickspawn an alter in all/a random player's inventory :p
And then if quickswap fails, enable craftable one

Just throwing that out there, thou making sure you have jungle left for Plantera would still be a concern.

While we're at this topic, I'm pretty sure at this point, it would be impossible for the cultists to spawn as there would be more dungeon, might want to consider that too.

Jabberwocky

Skeletron Prime
Another simple, fun, and destructive play option: have Falling Stars generate block-breaking explosions when they land. Maybe bomb-scale. I've seen other mods that allow you to adjust the rate at which they fall; you could change that, too.

Moonburn IT

Plantera
Another simple, fun, and destructive play option: have Falling Stars generate block-breaking explosions when they land. Maybe bomb-scale. I've seen other mods that allow you to adjust the rate at which they fall; you could change that, too.
As cool as that idea sounds, the mod is called "Lava Rain" so having destructive fallen stars would likely detract from the original mod's intents and purposes. The meteors kinda already do that anyhow, but on a more destructive and deadly scale. Plus, they're lava-related because hot rocks and whatnot

Top Bottom