Biomes & Nature Layers of the dungeon.

Simple🌳

Official Terrarian
I like the dungeon, and some others like it too. 1.4 added a block that changed the dungeon experience. But everywhere around the dungeon, it's just the same. So I want to address the layers of the dungeon. Just to give it a bit of a more... "The deeper you go, the more dangerous it gets" kind of vibe...

- Layer 1 -
Layer 1 of the dungeon is where your journey starts. When you reach the underground layer, Layer 1 takes place. Layer 1 is a nerfed 1.3 dungeon. It only has dart traps and enemies. You will only receive one gold chest here as well. This layer extends down to '100' underground. After defeating Plantera, no hardmode dungeon enemies will spawn. You can enter this layer only if you have defeated a boss, and any boss.

- Layer 2 -
Layer 2 of the dungeon is the 1.4 dungeon we all know and love. It has every normal property of the dungeon. Meaning spikes and cracked dungeon bricks can now be found. It will also not be accessible until you defeated Skeletron. This layer extends all the way until '600' caverns.
- Layer 3 -
Layer 3 starts at '600' caverns. This is the second lowest layer and extends to '950' caverns, and many new enemies may spawn. All cavern traps will apply to the dungeon, and will not be limited to just dart traps. Dungeon spirits will naturally spawn. There are 4 new tiles that may appear as well.

DungeonBricks1.png

Mossy dungeon brick: Mostly used for decoration and gives more atmosphere.
Spiky dungeon brick: Deals more damage than dungeon spikes and can be made by combining a dungeon brick with spikes.
Cracked spiky dungeon brick: Shares both properties of Spiky dungeon brick and Cracked dungeon brick.
Symbolic dungeon brick: Mostly used for decoration but has a property for world gen. Enemies will also have a higher chance to spawn on it.
In world gen, Layer 3 has a chance for normal dungeon bricks to become spiked ones, same goes for cracked dungeon bricks, which can turn into spiked ones. Symbolic dungeon bricks have a higher chance for traps to spawn in. Mossy dungeon brick has a high chance to replace normal ones. It may only be accessible after defeating Golem.
- Layer 4 -
This is the lowest layer a dungeon can go. At this layer, you are automatically given the blindness debuff at all times. Pylons can't be used here, nor can teleporters be used. Teleportation potions will not reach over here. It also has a locked entrance. You can only enter it after defeating the Moon Lord. Any loot in the chests are post Moon-Lord items, and may contain useful accessories such as the ingredients for the ankh shield, as well as the ingredients for the PDA.

This is a great idea! I have a question though. Is this a suggestion, or something you are currently working on? Thanks.

Last edited:
I feel like we should have some surface dungeon like a castle working like Castlevania with Possessed Armor walking and all.

Back
Top Bottom