tModLoader Learn By Doing

upload_2017-3-23_21-10-19.png

Checking levels displays Melee Proficiency twice. Not a big deal, really.

Hi! I found a bug with your mod that crash Terraria when you're trying to choose character (they were created before this mod)
There are crash message (translating: the input string had the wrong format)
I had checked some times, this happened with last version of this mod too, i suppose that could be mod conflict so i can write list of using mods

Attachments

• Бе5нный.png
    Бе5нный.png
    67.6 KB · Views: 258
Hi! I found a bug with your mod that crash Terraria when you're trying to choose character (they were created before this mod)
There are crash message (translating: the input string had the wrong format)
I had checked some times, this happened with last version of this mod too, i suppose that could be mod conflict so i can write list of using mods
Hrm, looks like my fix didn't work. 99.9% this is a regional/language issue where your environment doesn't want to read "." as a separator in a number, so it fails to parse "1.0". Thought I found a way to force it to read the ".", but I guess it didn't work. Anyway, it should be fixed if you turn the "1.0"s in the config file into "1"s or "1,0"s. Next update will default to "1" so this is less of an issue for people.

Just pushed an update adding a throwing proficiency skill, massively reducing regen from the regeneration skill, increasing jump height from jumping skill.

Weapon proficiency experience has had its formula changed to not favor fast-hitting, weaker weapons over slower, stronger ones.

Fixed a major bug which could result in projectiles dealing 1 damage to the player regardless of intended damage.

Hrm, looks like my fix didn't work. 99.9% this is a regional/language issue where your environment doesn't want to read "." as a separator in a number, so it fails to parse "1.0". Thought I found a way to force it to read the ".", but I guess it didn't work. Anyway, it should be fixed if you turn the "1.0"s in the config file into "1"s or "1,0"s. Next update will default to "1" so this is less of an issue for people.
After changing to "1,0" it's working, thanks a lot
Also, do you think about upgrading this mod to, ehh, Skyrim level & perk system? I think, it should looks interesting (and i'm too lazy to do this :D)

Mining speed would be a cool skill
And specific weapon types, meaning you could train to become a better spearfighter and so on

Does ranged damage account for "throwing" type damage? I ask because there are some pretty sick thrown weapons/throwing item builds from mods, and I'd like to have the stat gains available.

Also, you mentioned in a different post that your mod is open source; where is the source? I know some C#, but I'm new to Terraria modding.

Does ranged damage account for "throwing" type damage? I ask because there are some pretty sick thrown weapons/throwing item builds from mods, and I'd like to have the stat gains available.

Also, you mentioned in a different post that your mod is open source; where is the source? I know some C#, but I'm new to Terraria modding.

There is a separate proficiency for throwing weapons.

Huh. I could have sworn there wasn't, but I guess I just can't read. I see it now, thanks for pointing that out. lol
The thrown damage appears to be a recent addition, which is why I hadn't seen it before. It also appears that it doesn't work, and melee is applying to thrown.

This mod + Calamity mod + Cheeze's extra stuff + some other I believe irrelevant stuff. I am taking absolutely NO DAMAGE from projectiles whatsoever
Moon Lord's death ray? 1 damage, I overheal him.

You should be able to scroll through the rest by pressing enter and using the arrow keys. The chat box will only display 10 lines at a time.
This was a problem i was having that i had no clue about. XD though if i had to make any recommendations to make it easier to view skills there are some mods that have special menu boxes, said menu boxes could be used to go through the skills and see whats what. Loving the mod. :3

This was a problem i was having that i had no clue about. XD though if i had to make any recommendations to make it easier to view skills there are some mods that have special menu boxes, said menu boxes could be used to go through the skills and see whats what. Loving the mod. :3

I agree, a menu box would be very helpful...

Hi, I just found this mod and already to me it's really useful, and makes expert mode easier in my opinion, I wish this mod was updated for tModloader 0.10, the reason why it's not is because it's not on the mod browser for tModloader 0.10.X.X, could you update please Hiccup, Ill be so appreciated. This could be a cool alternative for Rockos ARPG mod.

Just checked my Mod Browser and I think my eyes are deceiving me, but it looks like there's an update for this mod? If this is indeed correct (updating now) then I might need some help finding my brain cause I'm about to lose my mind!!!

Just checked my Mod Browser and I think my eyes are deceiving me, but it looks like there's an update for this mod? If this is indeed correct (updating now) then I might need some help finding my brain cause I'm about to lose my mind!!!
There is indeed an update, though it's basically untested and there's nothing new. Hardly anything needed to be changed, though, so I don't anticipate major issues.

Back
Top Bottom