tModLoader Learn By Doing

I don't know if this is intended or not, but you can easily gain jumping levels by simply holding the jump button

Hi! This is an awesome mod, thanks for sharing it =) I've found a problem thou. I cannot seem to progress past level 17 in flying...

rNMoV3E.png

I hope you can fix it! Thanks again for the mod =)

Edit: Also flying seems to be unaffected by the set experience multiplierer (Just changed it to see if it works, it doesn't, or it doesn't seem to change that much...)

Edit: Is there a way to limit the level of jumping speed? Like making cap on level 50 or 60? If you get past 60, it's really difficult to make accurate jumps.

Edit: How about a way to reset your progress to 0? My character has jumping on 67 and it's nearly impossible to jump accurately, like mentioned above...

Last edited:
Thanks for the mod, it's fun and I enjoy using it. However I do hate the jumping height bonus. I tried looking around to see if I could get rid of it and saw that you posted that you can edit the mod via mod reader. I went in and deleted everything dealing with "jump" however it doesn't get rid of it. Can anybody help me with that? I enjoy this mod so much but jumping way too high makes it impossible to play.

The Potion Tolerance skill appears to be non-functional. No matter how high it gets, the potion sickness debuff always seems to last the same amount of time.
That's been a problem for a long time I just assumed they already knew about this issue has it not been noted down as a bug yet? Oops I should of said something a while ago lol

There seems to be a bug in which new characters are not initialized correctly. My new character gains a level in every unlocked skill each time he joins a world.
I loaded up an old character that had been created with an older version of TModloader and this mod, and that one appears to work correctly.

I disabled all mods except this one and the issue still occurs. It happens in both singleplayer and LAN multi player, both in new worlds and old ones.

Last edited:
There seems to be a bug in which new characters are not initialized correctly. My new character gains a level in every unlocked skill each time he joins a world.
I loaded up an old character that had been created with an older version of TModloader and this mod, and that one appears to work correctly.

I disabled all mods except this one and the issue still occurs. It happens in both singleplayer and LAN multi player, both in new worlds and old ones.

Did you adjust anything in the LBDsettings.txt file?

yeah, its weird. the chat seems to be desynced to the actuall levels. this is most obvious in multiplayer, where you will see your friend's levels all increase to one when they enter, even if they are level 10+ even if they continue playing without exiting once, the levels will eventually desync.

Pressing the display skills button doesn't seem to show all skills, I think this is due to the limitation of the chat box. Having it's own UI box would fix that, it would also make it easier to read each skill definition and bonus since they wouldn't disappear within seconds.

Pressing the display skills button doesn't seem to show all skills, I think this is due to the limitation of the chat box. Having it's own UI box would fix that, it would also make it easier to read each skill definition and bonus since they wouldn't disappear within seconds.
You should be able to just open the chat box and read them all, but yes a new UI would be great.

I love this mod, but upgrading jump needs to be toned down, even before hardmode the player starts jumping like a grasshopper.

Back
Top Bottom