Least favorite enemies

I would say hornets are my least favorite enemy. They always seem to zip around so I can barely hit them and thier stinger attack is very hard to see. Worst of all is that they get an upgrade in the hardmode jungle, which makes them really dangerous. Bats also get a mention due to them also being hard to hit due to thier flight pattern

At first bats were my least favorite.
Then 1.3.1 introduced bee traps, which spawn bees that deal 108 damage on expert hardmode. Whyyyyy!?
Its the most annoying bull:red:. They are hard to notice, have small hitboxes, have poison, can damage you rapidly and take one fifth of your health. They are the most frustrating thing about the jungle, followed by hornets and their long ranged rapid fire stingers that have barely noticeable projectiles. What were relogic thinking?

Bats are the bane of all early pre-hardmode players especially on expert, winged bastards must've been practicing the force pushing me off cliffs or onto or traps into or lava or towards another mob or...

And it gets even worse when the can inflict debuffs on you, sure the Feral Bite can prove beneficial but Ice Bats with their ability to slow your movement speed or rarely out right stopping you from doing any action or Cave Bat's screwing with your controls can make your life HELL

Oh and Giant Flying Foxes are the stuff of nightmares (Don't go to the HM Jungle at night pls)

Whenever I first go into the jungle, Man Eaters.
Mostly because I can NEVER manage to hit them, they always just decide to hide under some blocks.

- Medusa because you can instantly die when she stones you while falling, especially from a hellavator. ANYONE GOT THIS PROBLEM TOO?!
- Wyverns because they just make the sky inhabitable.
- Giant tortoises. Annoying as hell
- Derplings. Much more annoying than giant tortoises
- Nebula floaters and brain suckler. My only problem fighting all pillars
- Lepus because.. well Zuazzer said it. I defeated it very early. Took me like 1 hour or less
- Martian probes because they (used to be) very common and spawn martian invasion when you don't want to.
[doublepost=1468038954,1468038411][/doublepost]I took 12k damage from a medusa while wearing solar armor. I think she needs a nerf

Most of the enemies in the Jungle can be annoying if you have not prepared for it enough. Especially in hardmode, you'll need to do some decent preparation to survive. But to be more precise, those turtles are pretty awful to deal with.

Ichor Sticker: gives a debuff for 15 seconds reducing your defense, and it's hard to avoid getting hit.
Crawltipede: I found out that one of the best strategies for the Solar Pillar was to sit on some high platform (preferably a Living Tree) and kill everything from there, as killing everything while flying is near. impossible
And the Nail Head: boy do I love an enemy that fires hard-to-see projectiles without a clear pattern.

Expert Mode Alien Queens.
So, in Expert mode aliens queens have 2000 health. When you kill them they drop 2 larva that will turn into hornets and then turn into more queens. So unless you kill every single larva and hornet, you may end up fighting some 10 queens at once. Good luck doing that with a spectre hood, which you need for the Lunar Events as a mage because of all of the damage.
Oh, and they have a debuff that can't be negated that screws up your movement.

Speaking of hornets, they have the delightful ability of spawning in player placed walls, thus making bunkers pointless and thus meaning that you will get shot to hell by the small army of queens that are perpetually spawning.

Last edited:
Moss Hornets are terrible. They shoot you from offscreen with projectiles that are way too hard to see or dodge, and they do way too much damage, even for a Hardmode enemy.

<Image removed by staff>
I'm noticing a lot of your posts are copied from some website, or irrelevant. Does this picture mean you don't like Antlions? Clearly not, as you copied it from ifunny.com, meaning it isn't yours. Please actually contribute something to the discussion, don't post irrelevant memes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm noticing a lot of your posts are copied from some website, or irrelevant. Does this picture mean you don't like Antlions? Clearly not, as you copied it from ifunny.com, meaning it isn't yours. Please actually contribute something to the discussion, don't post irrelevant memes.
what the wrong now? :/

Back
Top Bottom