Least favorite weapon?

Zekeram12

Queen Bee
Everyone loves to talk about their favorite weapons, but what about the ones that you utterly despise? You know, the weapons that you want to personally break over your knee? Mine would definitely be the Influx Waver.
It's a vile, disgusting weapon that dares to have the ABSOLUTE GALL to be better than the Terra Blade without being endgame. It doesn't even have any kind of relevance, it just exists. Star Wrath is an upgraded Starfury. Meowmere is a nyan cat sword. The Terra Blade is basically the SWORD OF TERRARIA, forged with the Night's Edge and Excalibur, the bread and butter of light and dark, and is so important it even has an achievement. Influx Waver just exists. I hate it.

I mean, the Terra Blade is the sword that represents Terraria, but I don’t think the Influx Waver’s existence damages that title. If you think about it, the Terra Blade is the strongest sword in Terraria that is native to the planet. The Influx Waver may simply be considered the Martian equivalent to the Terra Blade, and in my headcanon, it is held to the same esteem by the Martians. A legendary blade from another planet, but since you earned it as a spoil of war, it’s natural that you wouldn’t know its backstory. Maybe the Martians crafted it from their own planet’s essences of light and dark. Maybe they got a Steam achievement for crafting it, too! ahaha

As for my take on the topic, I’ve shared this opinion across multiple platforms, but I think the Rainbow Crystal Staff is by far the biggest disappointment of a weapon in the entire game. There are some Moon Lord weapons that you can steamroll all the remaining content in the game with, and there are some that at least slightly improve your overall combat effectiveness when applied correctly. And then there’s this.

The Rainbow Crystal Staff’s usefulness in endgame boss battles is literally zero, and in invasion-like events, it is still outperformed by the Lunar Portal Staff by a large margin. If it could track enemies while they moved around it would be legitimately good, but right now it’s pretty much a joke. Roughly as useful as a Pearlwood Bow, or maybe slightly less.

The Meatball methinks, but tbh I don't really have a weapon I dislike. They're all good in their own way, so it'd be hard for me to say which weapons I don't like as much. XD

I DESPISE the meowmere. Yea, its based off the nyan cat meme, but WHY THE FRIK IS IT BETTER THAN THE TERA BLADE THIS IS STUPID WHY RED WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!
I assume you have already read Baconfry's comment? Not only is it basically from another eldritch dimension, it also comes in at a point where whether or not it's better than the Terra blade is largely irrelevant.

I have, and i think if they made a Teramere or something i would somewhat like the meowmere. Also, have any idea for a tera blade like sword for 1.1 and 1.0 that doesn't craft the tera blade?

Pretty much any flail that works like a ball. They're godawfully slow and have a menial effect that doesn't prove to be effective against most of the enemy types of the game. To hammer in the nail, they seldom do decent damage for when they are obtained. If I get a Flower Pow it goes straight into the trash(or compost bin?)

The pearlwood weapons have to be my least favorite. They are too weak to be early hardmode weapons. Re-logic should at least buff them.

Anchor and Christmas tree sword,
Anchor is a thing that just. Logs up inv when fishing, and I honestly don’t see much use in Christmas tree sword cause what you have to do to get it and the time you get it..
Boulder staff too, worthless golem drop, no usefulness unless you are right next to the target and they are nearly perfectly still. A few more but if I kept going on, this post would never end,
Researching weapons to find horrible ones,

Meowmere… the ultimate weapon in the game is basically a joke. When this was shown in 1.3 spoilers, everyone thought it would be a joke weapon in Goodie Bags or something. I bet no-one thought it would be a endgame, Moon Lord drop.

I dislike any weapons like early swords that require rapid 'click click click click click' to use.

I still cant believe nobody has said celebration yet...
for me, it is the single worst weapon in the game at the level which you unlock it.
It even became a bloody meme. Also... my account on the forums says female when I put male. Pls help

It's said before, but I agree when weapons that requires some grind, are so quickly replaced by weapons from a higher tier that is just dropped.

Another thing that annoys me is when weapons that it's availability and power combined outclasses many other weapons. That it's considered the style to play in an average playthrough. Which I rather try to avoid that trend.

Weapons that outclasses the Terra Blade is also a little bothersome to me because of that.
The Meowmere and Star Wrath are fine since they're pretty much post-game weapons. But I hardly get myself to use the Influx Waver if I already possess the Terra Blade.

Though "outclassing" 1.2 weapons hardly makes a difference for anything that isn't the Lunar Events. You can still still wreck the overworld and all other bosses with it. So it isn't that big of an issue.

That said, i should also try runs where I don't focus on the Terra Blade components.

Minishark, I hardly ever use it, and I only buy it to make the Megashark. Really to me, it isn't useful in the slightest, I don't hate it, but I just don't like it. Another of these weapons is the Dao of Pow, something I never have enough patience to make, and isn't as useful as it appears. I can excuse other flails, but the Dao, no, there are just so many better weapons.

On the Minishark, I gotta agree, but i dont fully agree. It gets replaced by the auto thing from the WoF. Its kinda just there for if you didn't get it, and for the better Megashark.

Back
Top Bottom