Xbox One Legacy crafting menu

let the past die, the Xbox 360 and PS3 was two generations ago. it's time to let go
I'm not saying revive the Terraria xbox360 and ps3, I'm saying add an option so people can use it for nostalgia. I played xbox360 that is how I started playing Terraria, and I just think it would be cool to use the old UI since its been years and I don't own a 360 anymore.

It wouldn't be feasible. The old UI has no way of handling any of the new functionality, such as equipment slots, research, and handling things like the Grand Plan. Attempting to shoehorn these into it would require substantial time and effort for little gain.

I'll admit, the current console UI is not great. The new one on mobile is much better and it is my understanding that the 1.4 console update will be similar to that.

@hollyfullhd @Bed_breaker117
It wouldn't be feasible. The old UI has no way of handling any of the new functionality, such as equipment slots, research, and handling things like the Grand Plan. Attempting to shoehorn these into it would require substantial time and effort for little gain.

I'll admit, the current console UI is not great. The new one on mobile is much better and it is my understanding that the 1.4 console update will be similar to that.
The reasoning stated here is why I say let the past die. the old generations UI was made for a much simpler time. Adapting it would take more effort that It would be worth, cause more trouble that it's worth and potentially be more cumbersome than the modern UI. besides DR studios is going to implement functionality for use of a keyboard and mouse that many have been asking for and could soothe your gripes about the UI we have now.

There should be an option to enable the xbox 360 crafting menu on next gen consoles and xbox1/ps4
I know this post is a bit old. But Xbox One Edition for Terraria use to have the same UI as 360 Edition. But it was removed and changed to the pc UI with the 1.3 update on Dec 14, 2017 sadly.

It would be nice to have a UI that was made for console edition again. As the Pc one is horrid to use on console. But they have stated that they are not bringing it back sadly.
@hollyfullhd @Bed_breaker117

The reasoning stated here is why I say let the past die. the old generations UI was made for a much simpler time. Adapting it would take more effort that It would be worth, cause more trouble that it's worth and potentially be more cumbersome than the modern UI. besides DR studios is going to implement functionality for use of a keyboard and mouse that many have been asking for and could soothe your gripes about the UI we have now.
Really shouldn't have to resort to using a M/KB to make terraria enjoyable on console. Not only that, If was gonna use a M/KB for terraria might as well just play it on pc.

Back
Top Bottom