PS4 Legacy world overwritten by multiplayer host.

Bruno Champagne

Terrarian
Well this just happened...

Playing some terraria with my son on 2 separate ps4's.
He's hosting, i'm joining one of his legacy worlds.
We start the lunatic event, his game crashes so i get kicked out. We do that a couple of times and still crashes.

I decide to play single player on my original legacy world and it is not my world anymore, but a copy of my son's world that kept crashing ( and loads of graphical bugs that were not there before).

Not what i call fun. Had over 200 hours on my original world. I'm slightly pissed.

I had the same issue, the only differences are that I visited a random person's world only once and it kicked me and mine isn't buggy, just a perfect duplicate. Idk if it's any significance, but mine was a legacy world, and this person's world I visited looked brand new like they'd just created it.

I did report it. Just warning others to be carefull with legacy world as this is happening more and more but few report it.

It's getting near to an exploit. Some people are happy about it because they suddenly have access to a world fully loaded.

Thank you for looking into this.

This exact thing happened to me! The world actually saves what I explored of my friends world, and since I had a "network error" so early on I have an empty shell of a world with a big rectangle for spawn.
I want to delete it. Might corrupt other saves or something. Thing is, it's so empty (no indestructible walls) I also want to keep it! Could come in useful.

I searched my files to see if my world save was completely overwritten. I found my last save for that world was saved before I went to multiplayer and had the network error, so it could be retrieved with no harm done!

Another weird thing about it is, is that my friend's world was not in the list of world file saves, even if I could access it in-game. I want to tinker with this glitch world and cloud saving, but I'm not sure if I do, that my other worlds will be in danger of deletion.

I did the cloud storage download and got my world back...but it's from a year ago +. Everything is missing. And i pretty much had everything. And i'm a legit gamer never cheated or exploited.

Another fun fact is that on patch day, i deleted my "test world" wich was really a test world to see how corruption grew and whatnot.

Well for some reason that world came back after my main world was overwritten.

This is messed up.

I noticed after having the world in my list, I couldn't create ANY characters or worlds without the game soft locking. Please do not keep an overwritten world. Your original save might still be salvageable though.

Once I deleted the world I created a character, it worked and sent me to the world list. The thing is, the background is gittering and the Terraria logo has a trail like as if you were using a paint brush, or if you win solitaire on a windows computer.
It fixed itself after selecting the character, still pretty funny though.

Edit: after selecting the world and going onto it, the game decided that it wanted to become a power point presentation and only show my spawn on screen as I try to maneuver using the minimap!

Last edited:
Only played multiplayer for two days. It was unplayable and i'm so happy i didn't bother playing MP because apparently it is very common to have your world deleted and i for one am not going to even risk my 1500+ hours world get deleted

this happened to me as well a good fix is to make a fresh world and go into it, exit and save, then join thier world, as it only overwrites the most recent world

Back
Top Bottom