tModLoader Legend of Terraria 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Yeah that was addressed.

The update fixing that issue (among others like enemies spawning around town NPC's, all mob spawn rates being too high in general etc.) just hasn't been released yet.

Last edited:
I don't really want to estimate anything, but i think it could be done next week. Probably.. not sure about that.

Ok. So to keep you all informed with my work. I had some long breaks, but that doesn't mean i did nothing ;) So as of now i have finished a bunch of new items.
SPOILERS AHEAD:
To tease you all, i will tell you that there will be more means to increase your health after getting 500, but it will require a lot of farming to get more health. It's completely optional thing. Also i will introduce new gems to Terraria, but those new gems are not gonna be available by any traditional mean.. partialy at least. You wont get them from mining new ores because i'm not adding any new ores (for now atleast), and you will not get them from silt/slush. But you will get them from mining vanilla ores, as an extra, and there will be a new mean of getting all the gems and something extra related to them ;) Now i have to finish a bunch of other items and finaly add new mobs. Also some old mobs will have a few new drops, including vanilla ones.

So this has probably been talked about before, but the Lilim is very unbalanced and overpowered for the part of the game when it can, and will, be encountered. Also there is a hell mob that fires the same shots that the Diabolist fires, and that enemy should just be removed.

This was pointed out countless of times and i already fixed those problems. Also i will not remove Amduscias. He is a hardmode npc, and Diabolists spawn in hardmode too, so i don't see any reason to remove it. Underworld is very easy in hardmode, so i decided to get it a little bit harder. I lowered his spawn ratio. All this will be in next update.

All right, thank god these problems were fixed. Sorry to annoy you about them, did not realize that there was an update coming. This is nice looking mod.

hey im gonna release some steam that i gained from this mod. first of all, who thought of an enemy that goes through walls, has over 1000 health in expert hardmode, rapidly shoots slow moving demon scythes, that gives you a 20 SECOND SUPER SLOWNESS WITH INVERTED CONTROLS, and is COMMON in almost anywhere underground. I have died so many times to that friken enemy (btw its the succubus, lilith is the weaker [pre-hardmode?] equivalent) cause it makes it impossible to dodge if you get the debuff. Also, im pretty sure its this mod that has a mob who spawns near hell who is a PRE HARDMODE DIABOLIST THAT DOSENT TELEPORT TOWARDS THE CHARECTER AND RAPIDLY SHOOTS INFERNO FORK SHOTS AT YOU THROUGH WALLS AND GIVES 30 SECOUND FIRE DEBUFFS. other than that i think this mod is great!

If you would read previous posts, you would now that i'm nerfing them slightly and making them apprear much rarer (also fixing incorrect spawning conditions) in the next update that is coming soon.

Please guys.. atleast try to read some posts back before writing..

UPDATE!

-Added 72 new items (Ember Core, Thunderstruck Core, Muddy Water, Heart Plum, Cold Heart, Eye Of Life, Bloody Heart, Rotten Heart,
Crystal Heart, Heart of Darkness, Heart of the Night, Heart of Infinity, Grox The Wrath, Divers Bars, The Zoodlestare, W1K The Doodle,
Zero Exocyd, 5 Wolf Pelts, Tanning Rack, Wolf Talon, Wolf Tooth, Leather Strap, Sawtooth, Lupine Claw, Wolf Piercer, 11 New Gems,
Jewel Sword, 18 Gem Gauntlets)
-Added 3 new armor sets (Ember Armor, Thunder Armor, Hunter Armor)
-Added new Town NPC (Demon Artist)
-Added new 4 new mobs (Eischrat, Wustschrat, Zombie Goblin, Zombie Lihzahrd)
-Introduced to Troves, they will drop in cenrtain occasions
-Added new Troves - Jewel Casket (dropped by every enemy in the game with low chance) and Black Jewel Casket (rare drops from Mimics)
-Amduscias now drops Frost, Ember and Thunderstruck Cores
-Mermans now drops Zircon
-Sharks and all hostile fish enemies now drop Aquamarine
-Paranthropus now drops Turqouise and Opal
-Malphas now drops Onyx
-Unicorn now drops Spinel
-Werewolf now drops Garnet
-Desert Spirit now drops Charoite
-Lihzhard now drops Peridot
-Water Slime now drops Bottled Water
-Honey Slime now drops Bottled Honey
-Mimics now drop Black Jewel Casket
-All boss bags will now contain Black Jewel Caskets. Quantity depends on boss difficulty.
-Added some minor secrets, with means to discover them.
-Added cross content with Thorium mod!:
-Thorium mimics will drop Black Jewel Caskets
-Added 10 more powerfull versions of Thorium gem rings
-Nerfed some monsters a little
-Mermans and Jersey Devil projectile will no longer go thru walls
-Fixed the bug where sound emitting mobs could be heard by all players all over the map
-Fixed the spawning issues. Now monsters should not spawn near or inside the town
-Fixed the White Slime spawning too frequently
-Fixed wrong spawning conditions for Rad Sludge
-Fixed Wight name. It was wrongly called Dead Bone.
-Fixed Wight spawning conditions, now spawns only during Night
-Fixed the bug where underground mobs were spawning on the surface
-Fixed the bug where Chichevache was spawning wrong gore

As of right now, the only way to download the mod is from the OP. Mod Browser's security is broken, atleast for me..

UPDATE!

-Added 72 new items (Ember Core, Thunderstruck Core, Muddy Water, Heart Plum, Cold Heart, Eye Of Life, Bloody Heart, Rotten Heart,
Crystal Heart, Heart of Darkness, Heart of the Night, Heart of Infinity, Grox The Wrath, Divers Bars, The Zoodlestare, W1K The Doodle,
Zero Exocyd, 5 Wolf Pelts, Tanning Rack, Wolf Talon, Wolf Tooth, Leather Strap, Sawtooth, Lupine Claw, Wolf Piercer, 11 New Gems,
-Added new Troves - Jewel Casket (dropped by every enemy in the game with low chance) and Black Jewel Casket (rare drops from Mimics)
-Malphas now drops Onyx
-All boss bags will now contain Black Jewel Caskets. Quantity depends on boss difficulty.
-Fixed the bug where sound emitting mobs could be heard by all players all over the map
-Fixed the spawning issues. Now monsters should not spawn near or inside the town

As of right now, the only way to download the mod is from the OP. Mod Browser's security is broken, atleast for me..

Nice, going to check this out.

After playing some in a couple different worlds, general spawn rates of enemies coming from this mod still seem far too high across the board. The good news is despite still being labelled as v1.02 in-game, it appears the mod updated just fine as I'm seeing some of the new enemies mentioned in the changelog along with some new drops. Although there are still major problems revolving around how enemies spawn. I did not use v1.02 for very long, so I assume these problems aren't new to v1.03.

Specific examples I've encountered so far:

- At times on the surface, for every one enemy that appears from vanilla or other mods (that's including all the enemies from Tremor and Thorium) I'm getting roughly ***three wolves*** spawning from this mod. Needless to say, that's quite a lot. Although this isn't always the case, as in another world the wolves didn't appear nearly this often.

- In other parts of the map, the same goes for others like schrats, wustschrats, and zombie goblins, which appear far more than any other enemies from vanilla or other mods

- Encountered some wolves deep in the underground areas, which I don't believe are supposed to be down there

In order to drastically improve the quality and playability of this mod (and also to keep things simple), I recommend one of two solutions, if not both together:

1. Universally lower the spawn rate of all enemies this mod produces down by 50%. Compared to popular mods previously mentioned, this should bring down the spawn frequency of this mod's enemies to be far closer to how frequently they appear in those other mods -- which is an ideal rate IMO.

AND/OR

2. Don't allow any enemies to spawn from this mod until at least 1 pre-hardmode boss is defeated. The additional and somewhat tougher mobs added would be far more digestible by this point of the playthrough. From a progression-based standpoint, this would make a lot of sense. Otherwise, upon starting a brand new character and just seconds after spawning into the world, you may be rushed by multiple wolves running at you faster than most mid-game (and some late-game) enemies. It just isn't very enjoyable.

Either or both of these two solutions would solve SO many issues players have with this mod. And it'll be simpler for you, so you need not worry about nerfing this, that, and the other thing separately. I believe you did a great job from what I see otherwise in this update (like fireballs not going through walls, no more spawning in town etc), and the new items and drops seem to be a nice improvement. I also enjoy all the unique enemies from this mod themselves. But as it is right now, their spawn rates are simply far too overbearing.

Last edited:
UPDATE!

-Malphas now drops Onyx

sweet mother of slime thats a lot of stuff... i saw above that modded mobs might be spawning too much, but for thats a sacrifice im willing to take for all of this content :)

I'm really suprised with this mod still having those spawning issues. I already lowered the spawn rates by 50% in this update. As for some mobs being after EoC, i consider only some of them, and maybe nerf a bit more rest of them. I will have a problem with wolves thou. Well, i would have to buff all stuff crafted from their remains.

As for wolves you encountered underground, can you point out wich wolves did you encounter? Because i don't have any wolves that could appear underground really.
Thanks for pointing those issues out, i will look even closer to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom