NPCs & Enemies Let Da Golem Inflict Da "Broken Armor" Debuff

Folder

Skeletron Prime
Face it,Golem's No challenge at all.One can even consider him as the King Slime of Hard Mode.
Now,I have seen threads were the Attack pattern of the Golem is Changed to make it Harder.I dont believe in Changing the Attack pattern of the Golem,So as the Title says,Let Da Golem Inflict Da "Broken Armor" Debuff for 5 Seconds

Agent Away

But Players most likely try to Fight the Golem than farming for Armor Polish
Getting armor polish is pretty easy and RNG needs to hate you a lot if it never dropped for you while traversing the caverns.
Even if you get the debuff, it is still pretty easy to avoid his attacks, meaning even if he would insta-gib you when you are hit, you can still beat him pretty easily.
What he needs is a different attack pattern, not some more damage buffs.

Getting armor polish is pretty easy and RNG needs to hate you a lot if it never dropped for you while traversing the caverns.
There is also tha fact that, even if it somehow doesn´t eventually drop while traversing the underground and cavern layers, Blue Armored Bones also drop it, which means that simply being a few minutes in the Dungeon after killing Plantera should net one.

"Broken armor" for five seconds? Heh, like that is going to help it become a challenge. If the Golem hits you more than once every twenty seconds, you shouldn't be complaining that it's too easy on the first place.

And as others said... Paladin shield/Armor Polish? I know RNG can be a :red:, but even then, it'll happen.

Golem's problem is its stationary behaviour. Nimbus Rod and Shotbow/Megashark kills it so damn quick it's not even funny.

5 seconds is too little. The Golem will barely attack in 5 seconds. It should inflict the Broken Armor debuff for 10 seconds.

I actually get hit a lot but that's because I where the tabi so it's not much of a problem for me because I dodge most through the tabi I still agree a different attack pattern is required

I'm not sure this is the right way to buff the Golem. But I do know one thing.

If Golem's fireball is going to be so predictable, it had better be doing more damage. It's a silly attack, kind of like... a distraction, more than anything else.
tumblr_m22kl3NyNA1r6oqyh.gif

But Broken Armor? If the problem lies in people dodging his attacks, Broken Armor does nothing to change it.

I find the golems lasers the hardest projectiles in the game to dodge and prefer duke Fishron and his surprisingly easy to dodge homing water wheels and bubbles bursts IMO, so I still think buffs in damage are not the way to go. Especially since the destroyer finally earns it's name in 1.2.4, despite no new attacks added, not making it interesting, just grindy and annoying. Perhaps a cluster bomb attack a la the stynger, or making the fireballs leave damaging cinders or glowing patches for AoE.

That is impossible
[DOUBLEPOST=1422565810][/DOUBLEPOST]I think making golem harder is needed but not like this maybe make his arms not go back when you hit them.
It is possible. All the items for it are available pre-mech, as seen here.

OT: I support this, but I think it should be inflicted when he touches you. Also, I think his lasers/fireballs should inflict On Fire!, even though I'm not sure if they already do...

It is possible. All the items for it are available pre-mech, as seen here.

OT: I support this, but I think it should be inflicted when he touches you. Also, I think his lasers/fireballs should inflict On Fire!, even though I'm not sure if they already do...
Oh yea i was think of armour polish only coming from the post plantera

Yeah, not bad, he should give the broken armor, or at least his fist.
5 seconds uh? i would like to see, when the head is beat but not the arms, the debuff increase to 10 seconds.
Or a similar debuff that ankh shield can't solve.

Back
Top Bottom