Items Let Golem drop de Picksaw on first kill

Ironically, its my opinion that the Picksaw is the #1 most useful Golem drop for facilitating further Golem killing, as you can A) reorganize the Temple for ease of access and improve the layout of the Golem room, and B) can optimize the rest of the Temple for Power Cell farming.

Trying to farm a Picksaw and constantly being like "I wish I had a Picksaw to help get this Picksaw" is a frustrating experience.

I support. This sounds nice for building purposes.
then game goes by to fast
farming for good :red: is a main component of the game
While I have no problem with RNG and having to farm for something, I wouldn't call it a main component of the game. Plus, how would it make the game go by too fast? The Lihzahrd Bricks aren't used for anything actually useful for as far as I know, leave alone progressing through the game.

I support. This sounds nice for building purposes.

While I have no problem with RNG and having to farm for something, I wouldn't call it a main component of the game. Plus, how would it make the game go by too fast? The Lihzahrd Bricks aren't used for anything actually useful for as far as I know, leave alone progressing through the game.
faster farm building and such? idk
but I still think it dropping on first kill is unreasonable, I wouldn't know how much it sucks to farm him for it, I get mine on 2-10th kill

I don't mind grinding RNG for items of uber power but for a creative tool? The poor interior decorator has to break a nail fighting nasty bosses just so he can have pretty bricks in his sauna room? I don't see the need to grind for aesthetic tools.

Anyhoo.. Pretty sure all will change in 1.3. Reducing RNG seems to be a priority for the devs.

I support this because it was 2:00 AM and I was up until 3:00 AMish. I killed him about 17 times before i got the Picksaw. I almost ran out of rockets for my Godly Rocket Launcher. It was bulls***. I spent 15 minutes finding the trucking power cells.

Idea is quite simple:
Let the Picksaw drop from the Golem when it's defeated in the same world for the first time.
Like Plantera always drops the Grenade Launcher on the first kill.

(Sorry if this is already suggested earlier, havn't found similair threads)
99% NOT TRUE. I've killed Golem over 27 times with my brother and never dropped it! Oh my Moonlord, he is just a waste of time. How is it that I have gotten Fishron Wings but no Picksaw?!?!?! Before you reply about saying that it is clearly not true, I am a mobile player if that has anything to do with it.

Last edited:
99% NOT TRUE. I've killed Golem over 27 times with my brother and never dropped it! For Ocram's sake, he is just a waste of time. How is it that I have gotten Fishron Wings but no Picksaw?!?!?! Before you reply about saying that it is clearly not true, I am a mobile player if that has anything to do with it.
This is a suggestion, The Golem doesn't guaranteed drop the picksaw on his first kill, and that's why I'm suggesting that it should.

Well thats how I see it. But, I am soon having two other friends to come and fight Golem with me. Again. So maybe meh chance could increase. But I can fight Golem as much as I want without running out of power cells so I will just keep trying. Until I break my tablet doing this. I'll just stick with my my plan for now.

support i guess, one time doesn't really hurt the game's balance
and for those who say that picksaw is rare
proof boies.png

dbl. secret support! (means that the golem needs to drop El Picksaw ("the Picksaw" in Spanish) at the first kill, why a pickaxe like this would be really hard to obtain?)

I like this idea, usually there's a huge struggle for picksaw, and farming for lizhard power cells are quite annoying.

Another idea might be to have the Picksaw drop as an extra item, much like Plantera has a 25% chance to drop the Pygmy Staff together with another drop.

Then.. yea this RNG made me ninja'd! It gave me possessed hatchets, (first kill) staves of earth, and even sunstone amulets (no picksaw though you flipping RNG)

I don't see why it is seen as OP, it isn't like you cane only mine luminite appearing in the world. It's a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom