Game Mechanics Let's hear your best suggestions for seed combinations!

The Trap seed and Not the bees seed combination should cause beehives to fall out of every tree, and if you really want to screw people over, give them to ability to spawn hornets instead of just bees.

As you all might know by now, we are adding a new special seed selection menu that will allow you to combine the special seeds of your choosing.

View attachment 415396

Along with this change, we will be introducing special effects when you make specific combinations. We already have quite a few in-game, but now I want to hear from you! What are your best ideas for what these combined effects could be? A small example of what we have done so far is combining "The Constant" with "Celebrationmk10," which will start the player out in the center of the world again, while retaining most of the effects from "Celebrationmk10."

I'm looking specifically for changes to world generation and in-game mechanical changes, not extravagant additions like new bosses or overly complicated new items.

You can find a list of special seeds and what they do on the Official Terraria Wiki.

Let's hear your thoughts!
Can you make an option for the normal world creation to add both evil biomes but to add both you have to have bet the game 1 time as a pre-requisite?

I've got two ideas:
  • Not the bees + ftw = iIn hardmode, Plantera bulbs will casually spawn and exist on the surface, and there's also a lot more of them
  • CelebrationMK10 + Drunk World = A lot of water pools are replaced with shimmer, and surface objects (rocks, stalagmites, etc) as well as structures like the dungeon or living trees are covered in negative paint + illuminant/glowing coating. Instead of the fixed NPC's that spawn, the game can choose any random interactable NPC's to put in, even if not in their natural location (this means you could spawn with Old Man, Skeleton Merchant, and travmerch)

As you all might know by now, we are adding a new special seed selection menu that will allow you to combine the special seeds of your choosing.

View attachment 415396

Along with this change, we will be introducing special effects when you make specific combinations. We already have quite a few in-game, but now I want to hear from you! What are your best ideas for what these combined effects could be? A small example of what we have done so far is combining "The Constant" with "Celebrationmk10," which will start the player out in the center of the world again, while retaining most of the effects from "Celebrationmk10."

I'm looking specifically for changes to world generation and in-game mechanical changes, not extravagant additions like new bosses or overly complicated new items.

You can find a list of special seeds and what they do on the Official Terraria Wiki.

perhaps drunk world and the constant should make the cave gen more wobbly. like, how it is now it's just noodle caves. but it should be more like high frequency sound waves. hell to navigate through and fight in. overall drunk world combos should wonkify the world gen in some creative way adding more difficulty but still making it unique and fun.

just had an idea... i assume skyblock + dont dig up / skyblock + "vampire seed" would... likely just put your spawn island lower in the world?

but like, what if... most of the "sky" (air) space in the world was replaced with stone/dirt/etc

I was just reminded of a minecraft modpack called Stoneblock, where the gist is that basically. skyblock except air is stone, and you spawn in a little hole with a tree

Perhaps its too much work, and perhaps I'm misunderstanding the vampire-mode logic... and im not sure how to deal with the surface layer I suppose.
but like, hey, maybe its a cool idea! or maybe thats too much stone for a world to handle, lol. would like to hear your thoughts on a "stoneblock" combo
edit: RIGHT, the vampire seed is ALREADY a combo. but that still leaves dontdigup skyblock!!

Last edited:
Not the bees + No Traps + Celebration MK10 + For The Worthy
A world where you start on the ocean, which while still having a water ocean, is now entirely a beehive, the evil biomes are jungles, with the exception of their chasms, the ice biome replaces ice with honey blocks, the desert is now scattered with crisp honey blocks, the ocean opposite from spawn is now an ocean of crisp honey and lava. You can also now get the new weapons beeomb(bee bombs) and beenamyte(bee dynamite).
  • You spawn in the world with the Demolitionist, the Merchant, and the Princess
  • Beehives now have a 1 in 4 chance to drop from trees, a separate chance from all other tree drops, and now act as boulders
  • When you die you explode violently into honey
  • Gravestones have a 1 in 100 chance to be replaced by larva when you die
  • Poison dart traps are now replaced with venom dart traps, and now spawn 4 times as often upon world generation
  • Pots may contain honey, but is also 2 times more likely to contain a live beenade
  • Jungle Spores spawn 2 times less often
  • Jungle enemy spawn rate multiplies by 2, while all other enemy spawn rates stay the same
  • Deadman's chest now likely to generate with beenamyte instead of normal dynamite
  • Bunnies have a 1 in 10 chance of spawning as dynamite bunnies
  • Vicious and Corrupt Bunnies can now spawn naturally in their respective evils
  • Hellstone no longer generates in the Underworld
  • Queen Bee is now the final boss of Pre Hardmode, and is required to be defeated in order to enter Hardmode but now has the Wall of Flesh's stats. Her stingers now grant the Venom Debuff, and she has a chance to spawn a hornet in place of a bee. She now also moves faster as you lower her hp more and more
  • Queen Bee now the following upon her death:
    • The Beekeeper, with the Breaker Blade's damage and use stats, with increased size
    • The Bee's Knees, with the following changes:
      • Increased to 29 Damage
      • Fires 3 lines of bees instead of 1
    • The Bee Gun, with the Laser Rifle's stats
    • The Stinger, with the Firecracker's stats
      • The Stinger: 26 damage, 3 knockback, 25 usetime, 9 velocity
        Releases bees that attack your enemies upon hit, and also grants you the honey buff when hitting an enemy
    • Demon Heart
    • Any of the 4 emblems, Warrior, Ranger, Sorcerer, or Summoner emblems
  • Wall of Flesh is no longer the final boss of Pre Hardmode, and now has Queen Bee's stats, fires less lasers, and does not speed up as fast
  • The Wall of Flesh now drops the following upon it's death:
    • The Breaker Blade, with the Beekeeper's damage and use stats, with reduced size
    • The Clockwork assult rifle, with the following changes:
      • Now fires 3 shots with 12 usetime
    • The Laser Rifle, with the Bee Gun's stats
    • The Firecracker, with The Stinger's stats
    • Hellstone(90-135)
I made this for fun. If there's anything else that should be added, let me know!

View attachment 415396

Just your normal seed but every enemy but the bosses are bats simple but challenging I think

View attachment 415396

i miss being able to do things like this not exactly seed related but it was a fun chaos it would be nice to have post moonlord i cant send it here but i posted it to twitter -

View attachment 415396

I think that with Zenith Seed essentially being the new "Can you survive-?" semi-replacing Master Mode, I would REALLY like for a cross over Zenith seed and skyblock seed. Since now everyone will want to do a sky-block playthrough, it makes sense that everyone will want the challenge of the Zenith! But normal stats dificulty from Legendary mode like you might get from ForTheWorthy isn't really quite the same, ya know? I've been doing the zenith seed for a while and it is PAINFUL on SO MANY levels. I actually had to cheese bosses just to complete them normally.

Also, if you do look at this and do it, PLEASE make it so that beds can speed up time faster! Like, just doing the lava-grass seeds farm in Zenith takes ages, on skyblock I imagine it'd be even WORSE, so please do increase the time speed up. Terraria was never made to be waiting for some much stuff to grow. Also-also, for the skyblock seed, I highly recommend making lava-grass seeds fishable directly from lava. Because on skyblock it still isn't possible to get lava-grass seeds if hell isn't there.

View attachment 415396

make a dryed out/desert seed there already are hell, jungle, evil, ocean, and sky seeds

It would be REALLY nice if some combination of seeds would make it possible to get the First Fractal, because it's really sad when such a unique weapon is not available;(

(Translated, sorry for any mistakes <3)

View attachment 415396

Well, it looks good, but I'm here to suggest one thingie:
Can we get moth critters on this new update? Maybe they could only spawn arround lanterns? ( This was the firts post of yours that I find, so I decided to write it here, please don't kill me )

View attachment 415396

SLIME WORLD! Slimes everywhere

Any combination whit for the worthy and GetFixedBoy seed, should have 1 more accesory slot, like its another layer of difficulty, expert have 1 more accesory slot by the demon heart, master have 2, 1 for demon heart and another by default, legendary mode should have 3 more, 2 by default and 1 by demon heart

Back
Top Bottom