Video Let's Play Echoes of the Lost World

Fury

Lunatic Cultist
Hey guys, I'm currently playing through Echoes of the Lost World and having a blast. I love this map! It's a custom "Metroidvania" style Terraria map made by Mbran139, Noel, and Baih - in the vein of...Metroid. And Castlevania: SoTN. And Out of this World. Etc.
Here's the official EotLW thread: http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...adventure-map-echoes-of-the-lost-world.35734/
and here's the entirety of my LP series:

ENJOY!

Last edited:
And now on to episode 11 - Brain Cloud:

Last edited:
...And now our brain-bending journey finally reaches its close!

There Might be one final episode showing how to get any items I missed, including the 2 heart chests I know I missed as well as any possible optional items. Let me know if that would be helpful to see.
Thanks to everyone who watched this and gave feedback, both positive and negative - it ALL helps...even that one guy who messaged me just to tell me what an idiot I am and how I make him rage. It's ok! I accept all correspondence with open arms and an open mind. Nothing hurts my feelings. I'm doing this FOR YOU because I can and every single comment helps!

Please, if you have anything you want to know about this LP or just any discussion at all really, don't be afraid to post here!
I hope you guys enjoyed it or found it useful in some way. Now we're moving on to a new adventure...

Thanks for watching this one, and thanks to @mbran139, @Kieda and @Baih for working hard to make this awesome map!

Now...for a quick and to-the-point review:

Awesome stuff! You know I had to have loved it. I played the whole thing and enjoyed every minute of it. My only critiques:

1) Some more recall potions would have been helpful to save on a bit of back-tracking and/or resetting. You guys did a kick-:red: job with the level design - you have to already know that - but there were a few parts that dropped you off after a major puzzle too far away from the next logical progression route, so it was easier to just quit and reload. This is a pretty minor thing though, and more of just a note to take in to your next big project.

2) The second part of hell just jumps in and smacks you in the face all of a sudden. It might've been just me, but those 2 parts (the timer-actuating walls and the stalactites) were by far the hardest parts of the entire map - MUCH harder than the final area. It did feel like a test you had to pass in order to progress to the ending segment, but the difficulty curve ramped up extremely from even the "Tron-esque" area.

3) The fact that certain puzzles could be solved by manipulating mobs to break the cobwebs isn't a negative, imho, but the fact that the player could get stuck if this happens is...even if you CAN just reload the map to get out.

[edit]

4) The ending was a bit abrupt after the epic-ness of the map. Maybe some sort of pixel art sequence or a runaway rail-cart escape cinematic type of sequence like the escape from the ship in the beginning could be done?

[/edit]

That's pretty much it. I do want to say though, that the meteo-shroom biome area is seriously such a great great area. I love it. I want more of it.
Anyway guys. That's all for now!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom