Let's talk Overpowered Jungle Turtles...

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Xylia , I'm certain they've always been able to do that much damage. You aren't in Expert Mode, so defence doesn't matter as much. You having 20 defence in comparison to 55 would also only reduce damage taken by 17. That's not much at all when you're dealing with triple digits.

I don't know how defence works in Expert Mode, but it certainly does make more of a difference.

It depends. Before 1.3 I would have agreed, but Expert Mode debuffs last a hell of a lot longer. You can get inflicted with poison for 40 seconds...and because DoT's cancel out regen, that's a massive danger to living. Of course, you don't have to perma-use Ankh shield, you can just quickly equip and un-equip to get rid of any debuffs that it can.

Less hyperbole and elitism please.

Not only are a good amount of people not 'experts' at this game, you're looking at it on a one-to-one scenario. Which is pretty rare in this game.

When you're flying through the jungle underground with concentration already dedicated to gunning down several hornets, there is always a good chance that a tortoise will pop out from nowhere and strike you.
I always feel that Moss Hornets are deadlier, especially if you don't have any ranged attacks, I feel like the developers designed it this way, as the hornets to distract you from the homing missile aimed directly at your face that could come from any direction in an open area, faster that you know it, its Surprise, your dead

I always feel that Moss Hornets are deadlier, especially if you don't have any ranged attacks, I feel like the developers designed it this way, as the hornets to distract you from the homing missile aimed directly at your face that could come from any direction in an open area, faster that you know it, its Surprise, your dead
Yup, I agree.
Moss Hornets are the new Paldin

Okay, so you guys greatly buffed their damage output while they are spinning (they now hit for 120-140 damage while they spin when I am wearing Melee Titanium Armor), and you guys seemed to have greatly nerfed the Turtle Shell drop rate.

Seriously, now. Almost 60 turtles now, and zero shells.

Not only are they ridiculously overpowered now, but they also never drop their material to make better armor?

I thought Expert Mode was supposed to be for all the people whining about how the game is "TOO EZ!!!!"? I don't get why you had to go and make things harder in Non-Expert. I seriously do not think farming the jungle for hours is fun, not when turtles can kill you in 3 seconds flat from full health if you happen to get unlucky enough to get hit with one spinning, being that they can fling themselves 500 feet if they want to from way off-screen...

The turtles seriously need a nerf. The damage is just way too over-the-top. I should not be taking 120+ damage from some random non-rare, non-boss mob while wearing the best melee gear I can find up until that point. Their spinning fling attack also needs a range nerf, they shouldn't be able to fling themselves at you from far, far offscreen to the point just trying to traverse the Jungle Surface is nearly impossible without some turtle that spawned off-screen flying at you as fast as a bullet shearing off almost half of your health in one pop.

The least they could do is, you know, actually drop their item once in awhile, especially if they are capable of killing you in 3 hits flat.
Im pretty sure giant tortoises DONT drop turtle shells until PLANTERA is defeated

I have gotten 20+ shells in 1 hour. I feel like they need to make drop rates lower. Shells drop WAY too frequently now.
I've been getting a lot of shells too, I'm trying to collect all the armor and beetle was my last that required chlorophyte. I get more shells than i get weapon drops, and that saying something for me, within 10 minutes of farming in the dungeon i had 3 magnet spheres, one of which was Mythical
[DOUBLEPOST=1436105474,1436105369][/DOUBLEPOST]
Im pretty sure giant tortoises DONT drop turtle shells until PLANTERA is defeated
It might not be, i actually got my first shell on my way to FIGHT Plantera
[DOUBLEPOST=1436105644][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yup, I agree.
Moss Hornets are the new Paldin
Does it seem to anyone else that the Paladin uses an upgraded version of the same AI or vise versa, unless you attack the paladin, he will spray hammers all over the place
[DOUBLEPOST=1436105782][/DOUBLEPOST]Wow this post got a lot of attention

Is that something new in 1.3? I always made Turtle armor BEFORE Plantera in 1.2.4. I don't know why they would make such a stupid change like that.

I feel that the drop chances are fine(but I'm on 1.2.3 console if that makes a difference) but they do way to much damage and are practically homing missiles, i mean off-screen, around obstacles, basically Truth rockets from destiny(Truth is a rocket launcher with a insanely overpowered tracking rocket)
*cough cough*GJALLARHORN*cough cough*

Now let's be honest, Tortoises aren't that bad, they're easily stunlocked with almost every weapon type.
As to why they chose to buff them, though...that's a mystery to me.

*cough cough*GJALLARHORN*cough cough*

Now let's be honest, Tortoises aren't that bad, they're easily stunlocked with almost every weapon type.
As to why they chose to buff them, though...that's a mystery to me.
I did mention stun locking in a more recent post, but i didn't call it stun locking(i talked about it on page 1) also the buff was unnecessary

I defeated so many turtles before Plantera without a single shell dropping
Then after I defeated Plantera they started dropping shells :3

So you're basing something based on your own experience alone? That won't get you very far...

So you're basing something based on your own experience alone? That won't get you very far...
I will ask a Developer to see if they made it so Turtle shells drop from Giant tortoises after Plantera is defeated :3
I will also look through Terraria's code myself If Redigit doesnt respond

I will ask a Developer to see if they made it so Turtle shells drop from Giant tortoises after Plantera is defeated :3
I will also look through Terraria's code myself If Redigit doesnt respond
They didn't. I have gotten them pre Plantera. Two even.

I bet you could try using some sort of automatic weapon to stop the tortoises in their attack animations, like the magnet sphere if you react fast enough or some minions. I just think it's funny that tortoises apparently carry around turtle shells for some reason rather than dropping their own shells on death.

I think that they're kind of ok, just maybe a little too high of a yelets drop chance.
I got 20 turtles, 2 yelets, 3-ish-if-not-more shells. And a banner, but that's beside the point.
anyways, #stopturtleshaming

We need to make turtle shaming a thing now GET ON IT

That is not so true, you have to do some player-caused damage, the turtle will still go after you if you look at it, to get it to stop you have to hit it with any type of weapon, preferably high fire rate high accuracy, because there is a timescale between being hit and going after you with the turtle, I don't know the exact numbers. You can also hit the turtle mid attack and it will stop and try to run away

Why do i feel like this person stood there in jungle next to a turtle

"Test 1 *thunk* inconclusive need more evidence" and just got hit till he was convinced eye contact didin't work

I've found that the Spider minions are great for dealing with turtles. Whenever one tries to jump at you, several spiders latch on to it and stunlock it so hard it literally can't even fall anymore. Having your DPS be mostly dealt by minions also lets you focus on dodging.

As for the shells? I got 2 the first time i walked into the hardmode jungle, and 4 when i was searching for the Temple (both pre-Plantera). Eventually I was getting so many that I would just trash them to make room for more Yelets, which were also common as dirt.

Maybe I'm just lucky though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom