Blocks & Decoration Letter/symbol stickers

MorningSTAR-αΩ

Official Terrarian
TO Crosspost. Something that MIGHT be impractical...

Right now we know that there are alphabet statues. However while those are convenient for the floor. What if we wanted them from the ceiling, of the bottom of a sky village? Well then we'd would have a make a floor for that.

My new proposal. Letter stickers (Yes I know the name sucks). These work like a combination of banners and wall furniture, allowing you to stick them on walls or ceilings without platforms.

The Stickers are white by default and can be painted multiple colors

Another thing about them is that unlike the statues they can also use symbols from the Greek alphabet. And can be found in a variety of fonts to better simulate whatever theme you have in mind for your town.

As for how to get them? They will be sold by the Merchant, Travelling Merchant, Party Girl in sets after beating Skeletron and by the Cyborg and Wizard after beating the Golem. These sets cost 1 Silver each and will work like the Goodie Bags. Both the sets and the letters stack to 99.

There would be three sets: one for Capital Letters and one for Lowercase Letters, and one for Numbers. That make 3 sets per font (For simplicity's sake the Greek Letters will also be classified as a font but they will have only the Letter sets)

Note that I will be linking to wikipedia and dafont/fontspace for fonts/terms you are unlikely to know and that the fonts I'm referencing are example. If re-logic wants to use the fonts I linked to, they'll probably need to the the related licenses. Also some fonts are 1-case only, and there fore would have only one set)

The Merchant will sell fonts that will either be ordinary (like say Ariel, Times New Roman etc) or evokes Blackletter or Gothic script (Old English, Fraktur). He;s also where you'd get the Greek letters

The Travelling Merchant will sell more exotic fonts (an example would be the Tribal typeface and the Schwabacher and Textualis german blackletter types), retro fonts (Like the aptly named Western) and other miscellaneous fonts (like monica)

The Party Girl will sell fonts of an Art Deco theme (Like Park Lane, Showtime, Bittersweet and Herald's Square)

The Cyborg will sell fonts of a more futuristic/scifi/techno bent (Star Avenue, cubic, and Alien Lines)

And the Wizard will sell fantasy, magic-oriented and esoteric fonts (codex would be in the latter)

Remember. All these fonts are only examples of what could be implemented. It is likely possible that that Red, Cenx and other won't even implement this or that they will make their own custom fonts for this purpose.

As for availability well obviously the Travelling Merchant's fonts would be available at random. But the other fonts will be depending on the day/moon phase.

So what do you think and if you have any ideas to add please let me know in this thread.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom