tModLoader Leveled RPG Mod | Port to tMod Project

Do you want to see this progress further?

• Yes

Votes: 67 94.4%
  • No

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey again, just a quick question. Lately I noticed that when I try to reload my mods from the Tmodloader browser I get a "game has crashed" error screen. After I hit the continue button on the crash screen it takes me back to the main menu of the game, where I can then go into the mod screen again and reload the mods with no problem. It claims the game crashes, but I can still play with no incident whatsoever. Both this mod and all my other mods work fine. So my question is, should I just ignore the error message and continue to play, or is it slowly corrupting my game files or something? I'm not even 100% sure the problem stems from your mod, all I have to go by is the first line of the displayed logs.

By the way, here are the logs that the game shows me on the crash screen
20170917202508_1.jpg

Does this help with the balance issues between Thorium classes and Calamity bosses? Generally Calamity bosses are too strong for Thorium classes, but the bard class is just too much fun and I'd love to experience the post-Moon Lord content that Calamity has to offer.

Hey again, just a quick question. Lately I noticed that when I try to reload my mods from the Tmodloader browser I get a "game has crashed" error screen. After I hit the continue button on the crash screen it takes me back to the main menu of the game, where I can then go into the mod screen again and reload the mods with no problem. It claims the game crashes, but I can still play with no incident whatsoever. Both this mod and all my other mods work fine. So my question is, should I just ignore the error message and continue to play, or is it slowly corrupting my game files or something? I'm not even 100% sure the problem stems from your mod, all I have to go by is the first line of the displayed logs.

By the way, here are the logs that the game shows me on the crash screen

This issue is Caused by "Unleveled", Try updating to the Recent Version of Unleveled and see what happens

Does this help with the balance issues between Thorium classes and Calamity bosses? Generally Calamity bosses are too strong for Thorium classes, but the bard class is just too much fun and I'd love to experience the post-Moon Lord content that Calamity has to offer.

The balance issue is not Leveled but its Calamity...Calamity Bosses have a massive amount of HP which is then multiplied from Leveled. For example

950,000 HP x 4.0 = 3,800,000 HP

And also bard is pretty strong have you raised your Agi and Int Stats? ..Both Bard and Healer are designed as "Support" Classes. they can be considered Subclasses too if your a mage, summoner, or Thief Class

Last edited:
The balance issue is not Leveled but its Calamity...Calamity Bosses have a massive amount of HP which is then multiplied from Leveled. For example

950,000 HP x 4.0 = 3,800,000 HP

And also bard is pretty strong have you raised your Agi and Int Stats? ..Both Bard and Healer are designed as "Support" Classes. they can be considered Subclasses too if your a mage, summoner, or Thief Class

I was just curious since I've never used any of these mods together before. I've played Calamity and Thorium each separately and enjoyed both, and I did a vanilla playthough a while back with the standalone of this mod, but I've never combined any of them, and I had heard that Calamity's bosses were a bit too strong versus Thorium's content. As for the HP bloat you mentioned, I'm somewhat use to it thanks to it being a common theme for superbosses in JARPGs, so I don't mind it so long as the bosses aren't super cheap(admittedly, my Calamity playthrough was back when a lot of the post-moon lord bosses weren't yet added so I have yet to fight any of them).

I said screw it and decided to combine all three along with Spirit and Crystilium, and so far it's been pretty fun. The leveling is as smooth as I remember when I played with the standalone, and I'm rather enjoying it with the bard(only level 6 atm). The front page says INT+DEX for boosting symphonic damage, is that that what you meant?

Last edited:
I was just curious since I've never used any of these mods together before. I've played Calamity and Thorium each separately and enjoyed both, and I did a vanilla playthough a while back with the standalone of this mod, but I've never combined any of them, and I had heard that Calamity's bosses were a bit too strong versus Thorium's content. As for the HP bloat you mentioned, I'm somewhat use to it thanks to it being a common theme for superbosses in JARPGs, so I don't mind it so long as the bosses aren't super cheap(admittedly, my Calamity playthrough was back when a lot of the post-moon lord bosses weren't yet added so I have yet to fight any of them).

I said screw it and decided to combine all three along with Spirit and Crystilium, and so far it's been pretty fun. The leveling is as smooth as I remember when I played with the standalone, and I'm rather enjoying it with the bard(only level 6 atm). The front page says INT+DEX for boosting symphonic damage, is that that what you meant?

ahh yea my bad XD...i keep mixing those 2 stats up..DEX+INT and AGI+INT....i play alot of throwing classes

I'm not sure if it's intended, but the damage scaling for Thorium bard weapons seems weird. At level 32 the early-game weapon Drum Mallet is 174(base 14) and the mid-tier Yew-Wood Lute is a whopping 289(base 22), while the higher-tier lute weapon Sitar is only 92(base25).

Last edited:
I'm not sure if it's intended, but the damage scaling for Thorium bard weapons seems weird. At level 32 the early-game weapon Drum Mallet is 174(base 14) and the mid-tier Yew-Wood Lute is a whopping 289(base 22), while the higher-tier lute weapon Sitar is only 92(base25).

No that's not intended. The Yew-wood Lute is doing more damage then its surpose to...its a highly bugged weapon we are aware of.

I find that this works very well with the UI mod Unleveled.
Also with mods this makes the game allot harder than default.
Cause the EoC's level is just ? so best be ready for a good fight.

I remember there being a listing for how to boost Thorium damage types on the front page, but it doesn't appear to be there now unless I'm blind? I think it was like INT+DEX for Symphonic and INT+SPR for Radiant?

Maybe it's just me, but personally I feel like since Radiant damage comes almost exclusively from Scythes and Staves, it should maybe scale off of INT+STR instead?

I've been playing on a multiplayer server with friends and noticed some bugs that I believe were caused by this mod. First of all, everything worked fine for hours at first actually, but then the newest update came and bosses started spawning with like 1 life and dying in one hit, I'm not entirely sure if it's because of this mod in particular or not but I don't have any other mods enabled that could really affect boss life, so I'm assuming it's probably this one. After summoning the boss a few more times in a row it does seem to "fix itself", but it's still a bit of a nuisance.

I've been playing on a multiplayer server with friends and noticed some bugs that I believe were caused by this mod. First of all, everything worked fine for hours at first actually, but then the newest update came and bosses started spawning with like 1 life and dying in one hit, I'm not entirely sure if it's because of this mod in particular or not but I don't have any other mods enabled that could really affect boss life, so I'm assuming it's probably this one. After summoning the boss a few more times in a row it does seem to "fix itself", but it's still a bit of a nuisance.

I'm gonna investigate this issue can you please tell me which bosses are effected?

So I noticed that the mod says it's not compatible with Terraria Overhaul. I just recently started playing that mod, in conjunction with this Leveled mod and so far have not noticed any significant difference. So I was just wondering what exactly makes it incompatible?

ok i am in multiplayer and mobs often spawn with 1% of their total health, and can regen back to life after they die.
this happened to the eye of cthulhu. we summoned it in and the boss health bar went way off the screen before instantly going to 4 hp. we one shot it with a suriken.

mods:
thorium (plz add ore support for exp gain)
mystery seeds
recepie browser
cheat sheet
leveled (ovbiously.)
ore seeds
mystery seeds
Magic storage
item stats plus
yet another boss health bar
autotrash

Tmod v current

ok i am in multiplayer and mobs often spawn with 1% of their total health, and can regen back to life after they die.
this happened to the eye of cthulhu. we summoned it in and the boss health bar went way off the screen before instantly going to 4 hp. we one shot it with a suriken.

mods:
thorium (plz add ore support for exp gain)
mystery seeds
recepie browser
cheat sheet
leveled (ovbiously.)
ore seeds
mystery seeds
Magic storage
item stats plus
yet another boss health bar
autotrash

Tmod v current
So far we've only noticed it happening with the Slime King and Skeletron, thanks for responding so quickly btw!
These problems should be fixed now.

So I noticed that the mod says it's not compatible with Terraria Overhaul. I just recently started playing that mod, in conjunction with this Leveled mod and so far have not noticed any significant difference. So I was just wondering what exactly makes it incompatible?
Overhaul changes a lot about how Terraria works, and can cause some huge balance issues, or even cause some things to completely break.
I haven't tried it myself, but there have been a lot of incompatibility complaints with Overhaul and Leveled. So I just put it in the Incompatible list.

I'm wondering is there a way to turn off the mining xp gain?
Cause I find it sorta kills the progression of leveling, cause you could mine ore to quickly gain a level.

Mining EXP was ALWAYS apart of leveled from the very beginning they're no way to turn that off its apart of leveled by design!

Back
Top Bottom