tModLoader Leveled RPG Mod | Port to tMod Project

Do you want to see this progress further?

• Yes

Votes: 67 94.4%
  • No

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, could you make it where we get XP from mining modded ores?

that's not possible at the moment. As Ore is flagged for Exp from the beginning when a world is generated. in result any other ore created afterwards or Hardmode ore will not get this flag.

Last edited:
Hey to go off of what someone said earlier. My friends and I have been playing with this mod for a few weeks and it seems every enemy has the chance to spawn at low health. It has happened to all bosses we have done so far and the last boss we beat was the golem. My theory about it is that its messing up scaling enemies based on the amount of players. We really enjoy your mod and we all made the vote to keep it because we love the leveling but everything spawn with low hp is a problem. Just thought i'd let you know about it.
Thanks!

that's not possible at the moment. As Ore is flagged for Exp from the beginning when a world is generated. in result any other ore created afterwards or Hardmode ore will not get this flag.
I'm not a modder so I can't be certain, but I'm assuming you flag the ore once on world generation and keep the flagged list separate from the ore list or something. Is there a way to add tags to the ore itself, and simply add a function in leveled to give experience whenever a tile that is flagged as ore is mined? Assuming the ores act as objects, adding the tag should be possible, so then the major work you would have to do it go back and patch all the vanilla ores to add those tags. Could also do the same for modded ores, which would probable require a separate patch for each mod.

Again, I'm not a modder just do a little Java coding on the side so I could be completely wrong since I'm not familiar with what language the game is coded in.

can you make a config option or something to let us go above 100?in my modded worlds i often get to 100 right around moonlord and peak there and mobs/bosses from calamity, sacred tools etc. i often have a difficult time with post moon lord as there is no way to get stronger except for the health/ mana items that calamity has

Alright, I spent the last few days trying to find a solution as to why entity health bars are not showing up while using this mod. I tried disabling other mods alongside this one to figure out if there was a conflict with another mod - to no avail, obviously, because just today I found out that you have to unlock a special ability that lets you see health bars again.

I think just to avoid trouble for others who might be confused as well, a small notice on the main thread about the missing health bars now being an unlockable feature should be added. I wasn't able to find anything about this, not even on the original Standalone thread. :)

I'm not a modder so I can't be certain, but I'm assuming you flag the ore once on world generation and keep the flagged list separate from the ore list or something. Is there a way to add tags to the ore itself, and simply add a function in leveled to give experience whenever a tile that is flagged as ore is mined? Assuming the ores act as objects, adding the tag should be possible, so then the major work you would have to do it go back and patch all the vanilla ores to add those tags. Could also do the same for modded ores, which would probable require a separate patch for each mod.

Again, I'm not a modder just do a little Java coding on the side so I could be completely wrong since I'm not familiar with what language the game is coded in.
This would present an exploit where people can place ores in different spots and gain the EXP that way. I've tried that in the past.
Until I can figure out how to update the EXP flags as ore is generated, there's not much I can do.
Smooth Coal,Thorium Ore, Life Quartz, Aquaite, and Magma Ore from Thorium may be getting support soon though.

can you make a config option or something to let us go above 100?in my modded worlds i often get to 100 right around moonlord and peak there and mobs/bosses from calamity, sacred tools etc. i often have a difficult time with post moon lord as there is no way to get stronger except for the health/ mana items that calamity has
Most often leveling higher against these bosses won't help you, since most of them use insanely powerful projectiles. Leveled handles projectiles differently than contact damage. You'll always take the same amount of damage in hearts as you would in vanilla. Your Armor being your Vanilla Defense. So leveling up won't really help, but better armor will.
This is something I cannot fix due to tMod limitations.

Alright, I spent the last few days trying to find a solution as to why entity health bars are not showing up while using this mod. I tried disabling other mods alongside this one to figure out if there was a conflict with another mod - to no avail, obviously, because just today I found out that you have to unlock a special ability that lets you see health bars again.

I think just to avoid trouble for others who might be confused as well, a small notice on the main thread about the missing health bars now being an unlockable feature should be added. I wasn't able to find anything about this, not even on the original Standalone thread. :)
Sorry about this. I keep getting this complaint but I keep forgetting to do something about it.

Last edited:
Most often leveling higher against these bosses won't help you, since most of them use insanely powerful projectiles. Leveled handles projectiles differently than contact damage. You'll always take the same amount of damage in hearts as you would in vanilla. Your Armor being your Vanilla Defense. So leveling up won't really help, but better armor will.
This is something I cannot fix due to tMod limitations.

I've been running through a Calamity + Leveled playthrough with a few friends for the past several days (we have very long sessions) or so and right now all of us are having a hard time justifying going for any mastery skills since the bonuses from spreading our points across 3 stats seem to be way better. The Fortitude mastery seems to be the best one by far and it still doesn't seem worth it. If I could get Leeching Strike and still be able to get Endure that'd be great since I'm serving as the party tank, but given how far away I am from Leeching strike and how close I am to level cap right now I doubt that's possible.

I think you could potentially solve this problem by adding some item that lets you do a sort of prestige. Sets the player level cap high enough to give 20% more SP than currently available at level 100 but scales all enemies to around level 100-120. Use it again (or an upgraded version of it?) at the new capped level to set the cap to 40% higher and scale enemies higher again, and so on until you have double the SP you can currently have at level 100. It still wouldn't help THAT much against the post-moon lord bosses since those extra levels won't do a thing to stop the obscene damage you'll be taking, but it would allow such combos as Potion Mastery + Endure + Leeching Strike which are obviously very good. I'm guessing it would be a bit of a pain to code in but it could very well solve the problems caused by pairing Leveled with Calamity as well as giving players something to do after they kick the moon lords celestial :red: if they're just playing with Leveled.

In any case I still love the mod, but I do feel supporting Calamity without at least offering an increased level cap version of the mod to use with it is a tad questionable.

I've been running through a Calamity + Leveled playthrough with a few friends for the past several days (we have very long sessions) or so and right now all of us are having a hard time justifying going for any mastery skills since the bonuses from spreading our points across 3 stats seem to be way better. The Fortitude mastery seems to be the best one by far and it still doesn't seem worth it. If I could get Leeching Strike and still be able to get Endure that'd be great since I'm serving as the party tank, but given how far away I am from Leeching strike and how close I am to level cap right now I doubt that's possible.

I think you could potentially solve this problem by adding some item that lets you do a sort of prestige. Sets the player level cap high enough to give 20% more SP than currently available at level 100 but scales all enemies to around level 100-120. Use it again (or an upgraded version of it?) at the new capped level to set the cap to 40% higher and scale enemies higher again, and so on until you have double the SP you can currently have at level 100. It still wouldn't help THAT much against the post-moon lord bosses since those extra levels won't do a thing to stop the obscene damage you'll be taking, but it would allow such combos as Potion Mastery + Endure + Leeching Strike which are obviously very good. I'm guessing it would be a bit of a pain to code in but it could very well solve the problems caused by pairing Leveled with Calamity as well as giving players something to do after they kick the moon lords celestial :red: if they're just playing with Leveled.

In any case I still love the mod, but I do feel supporting Calamity without at least offering an increased level cap version of the mod to use with it is a tad questionable.
See, here's the problem. I don't, and can't, support calamity. I can only support a mod with the support of the dev. I need source material.
It's unfortunate, but true. That's why I'm able to support Throium so well. I have the dev's support.

I'm going to need to change the mod description and the main post, because people are thinking that I support calamity.

The stat flower was more designed around spreading points rather than focusing on one stat. The mastery bonuses are not that great for this reason.
I have intentions of replacing abilities with more unique ones in the near future. There's too many bonuses and same abilities.

Last edited:
See, here's the problem. I don't, and can't, support calamity. I can only support a mod with the support of the dev. I need source material.
It's unfortunate, but true. That's why I'm able to support Throium so well. I have the dev's support.

I'm going to need to change the mod description and the main post, because people are thinking that I support calamity.

The stat flower was more designed around spreading points rather than focusing on one stat. The mastery bonuses are not that great for this reason.
I have intentions of replacing abilities with more unique ones in the near future. There's too many bonuses and same abilities.
That actually makes a lot of sense. Also since my previous post my party has hit level 100 and I underestimated the amount of points you have to work with at max level as I managed to fit Leeching Strike, Endure, Potion Mastery, and Critical Boost all in one build with 2 points left over in the end. What kinda bugs me now is how the best skill for survivability in the mod (Leeching Strike) has nothing to do with Fortitude which seems a bit weird and how ranged users seem kinda shafted as they have no skills to increase survivability (not even a hidden) and all of their bonuses seem rather boring and compared to magic and melee, rather weak as well. If you were to change any abilities in any of the skills I'd say you should spice up Aptitude by adding in something special for it and maybe a cool hidden ability that requires high Apt. Finesse seems kinda boring too but lets be real here, the only reason anyone ever puts points in Finesse is to unlock Critical Boost cause no one gives a :red: about throwing weapons lategame. Maybe you could find a way to fix Finesse's irrelevance too but I don't think anyone would blame you if you didn't.

That actually makes a lot of sense. Also since my previous post my party has hit level 100 and I underestimated the amount of points you have to work with at max level as I managed to fit Leeching Strike, Endure, Potion Mastery, and Critical Boost all in one build with 2 points left over in the end. What kinda bugs me now is how the best skill for survivability in the mod (Leeching Strike) has nothing to do with Fortitude which seems a bit weird and how ranged users seem kinda shafted as they have no skills to increase survivability (not even a hidden) and all of their bonuses seem rather boring and compared to magic and melee, rather weak as well. If you were to change any abilities in any of the skills I'd say you should spice up Aptitude by adding in something special for it and maybe a cool hidden ability that requires high Apt. Finesse seems kinda boring too but lets be real here, the only reason anyone ever puts points in Finesse is to unlock Critical Boost cause no one gives a :red: about throwing weapons lategame. Maybe you could find a way to fix Finesse's irrelevance too but I don't think anyone would blame you if you didn't.

And what about Spirit?

You underestimate the power of Throwing Weapons ;3.

And what about Spirit?
Enhancement at least gives extra summon slots and a decent level in it is needed for several good hidden abilities already. Aptitude doesn't give anything but small stat increases and you only need level 5 to get crit boost. Enhancement is fine, Attunement is fine, Physique is fine (though I still find it odd that Leeching strike doesn't require any Fortitude), Fortitude is ok (I think its weird for Endure to be a Fort ability as I would expect a tank to be more about avoiding getting that low on health to begin with but that's just me being finicky), Aptitude is boring, and Finesse affects a 'bad' weapon type AND it's boring.
You underestimate the power of Throwing Weapons ;3.
I'm not saying you can't get anywhere with throwables, but I am saying they suck compared to everything else after hardmode. Cause they do.

Enhancement at least gives extra summon slots and a decent level in it is needed for several good hidden abilities already. Aptitude doesn't give anything but small stat increases and you only need level 5 to get crit boost. Enhancement is fine, Attunement is fine, Physique is fine (though I still find it odd that Leeching strike doesn't require any Fortitude), Fortitude is ok (I think its weird for Endure to be a Fort ability as I would expect a tank to be more about avoiding getting that low on health to begin with but that's just me being finicky), Aptitude is boring, and Finesse affects a 'bad' weapon type AND it's boring.

I'm not saying you can't get anywhere with throwables, but I am saying they suck compared to everything else after hardmode. Cause they do.

You be surprised to see some of the better throwing weapons with some of the mods (Kingofpopz's Knife Holster lineup, Fabu's Mod's Hero Shuriken and Dagger lineup, and freakin' Joost's Elemental Throwing items, and if you want accessories, look at both Spirit's throwing accessories and Thorium's throwing Coatings) that you can use. Although, being granted here, I was sorely disappointed with how the Vanilla Throwing items were treated. If you're going for an full "Finesse" style, Get a mod that does Throwing weapons well.

And lastly, WHY ARE THERE NO ABILITIES THAT GIVES MINIONS THE ABILITY TO INFLICT DIFFERENT STATUSES?

Amazing mod.
somethings i want to say-
might not be possible but a ''prestige'' would be great. resets your levels but allows you to keep the stat changes, more levels would increase stats.
stat increase scales depending on boss killed
(If you have killed moonlord, you get more stats then you would if you killed king slime)

Hey, I think I found a bug. Whenever I'm grappled onto an object, I do much less damage (typically around 1 damage). This has happened with the Slime Hook and Dual Hook so far, and the only mods I'm using are Leveled and Unleveled. Also, while grappled and holding a weapon, the Stat Flower page displays funky numbers for attack.

is this a bug? after updating, I could only jump just short of 6 blocks high, enough to move up a 6 block cliff, but can't jump on a platform, making it impossible to navigate my house normally. to do it almost normally, i hav to hammer the platforms to be on the lower half so they force me on top of them

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom