tModLoader Leveled RPG Mod | Port to tMod Project

Do you want to see this progress further?

• Yes

Votes: 67 94.4%
  • No

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wasn't sure where to ask this but when adding support for Leveled how are the secondary attributes defined per primary attribute?
If I wanted to add another primary attribute, but I want it to be influenced by some odd amalgamation like hp/str/spirit, going off the docs it almost looks like I'd have to setup an entire scaling system with secondary attribute but those seem to be for adding new attributes entirely.

this mod still works and is still being worked on. right now, only info about said progress is on the discord server, which if you are interested in more info of this mod or Unleveled I highly recommend you join

Hey, so I love the mod, however, there is one thing that I really don't like about it, the summons. the thing I don't like about summons in this mod is that when they kill something you get VERY little XP. I need to actively avoid using summons because you miss out on so much XP using them. this makes the summoner class just not playable because of this. there is an entire skill for summons and a part of the power flower for summons, so why is it that you can't use them to level up?

Hey, so I love the mod, however, there is one thing that I really don't like about it, the summons. the thing I don't like about summons in this mod is that when they kill something you get VERY little XP. I need to actively avoid using summons because you miss out on so much XP using them. this makes the summoner class just not playable because of this. there is an entire skill for summons and a part of the power flower for summons, so why is it that you can't use them to level up?
this has been heavily discussed in the discord server, and to my understanding it is because summons allow true idle farming for xp. Also to my understanding is apparently the plan for 1.4 is for summons to regain their 100% xp if whips are used, as it already does if any other type of damage is dealt

also just to note, currently summon only damage yields 10% xp, which imo is bad even considering idle farms

alright, here's what i like:
  • customization for stats and abilities
  • UI looks good and not out of place, (i recognize the stat and ability icons from Re:coded)
  • levelling up has a great effect
  • exp potions
but i also have some issues with it, mostly balancing and fun related:
  • levels scale so quick, going to a place several levels higher without cheese strats is suicide and with cheese strats you're doing chip damage so it isn't very fun
  • this goes for the player too, my level 65 warrior has close to 2k HP when the max base in vanilla is 400
  • why is there an option to turn off experience when making a character? i'm pretty sure a level 1 run of this mod is impossible
  • Res should be base Def, like Con in Castlevania games; multipliers should be restricted to abilities
  • most abilities are a bit on the weak side except for peril abilities, especially EXP Chance
  • Critical mode is dumb, got one-shot by a zombie at Level 7, i'm not using a tank build but come on
also is there any reason why the source code isn't available? i'd love to make an edit of this with the numbers scaled back reasonably

EDIT: Having doubled my time playing the mod I can now say that it is indeed supposed to remove the EXP reduction whenever you get a non-summon hit on the creature. That being said, the experience I described below was a legitimate one. I'm guessing it was some kind of bug but I'm not sure. Regardless, I leave my original post below in it's entirety so that it can potentially be used to find the bug and also because I stand by the core sentiments of the post. I do not believe the reduction is a fair one, because while it's fine how it works for the early stages of the game (when it's working as intended), the end-game levels will be all but impossible to grind as summoner when your summons will more often than not be getting the kills before you can tag the enemies. And I do still believe the attitude of those responding to these concerns to be lacking.

I'm really not a fan of the way minion kills give reduced EXP, at least not with the way it is currently handled. I understand that it's a preventative measure to keep people from afk farming EXP using minions but it drastically puts summoner at a disadvantage when it comes to gaining EXP during active play. I've seen in multiple posts that hitting the enemy at least once before the minions kill it will remove the modifier and give you the normal EXP amount for the kill but in practice it seems this does not work with just a single hit, it seems you need to deal a certain amount of damage or a certain percentage of the enemy's max hp before you will get the full EXP reward. As things stand about half the kills I get during active play give me normal EXP and that's only while playing extremely risky; Add to that the fact that this will only get worse as you progress into the later stages of the game and eventually I'll basically be getting all my EXP at a reduction of 90%. Because of this, summoners have to do about 5~10 times the amount of grinding just to get to the same levels as any other class, and that's on top of the fact that summoners are already the weakest class available in the base game due to poor implementation. The only way to avoid this problem is, ironically, to afk farm EXP. If I'm already going to have to pour 5~10 hours of grinding into the game just to get the same amount of progress as another class gets in an hour, I may as well make it a guaranteed 10 hours of grinding and do it while I'm afk.. But the whole point of this is allegedly to prevent afk farming, so why stick so much to a system that in the end only incentivizes it?

I say 'allegedly' because I don't think that was really the intent. In nearly every response to someone bringing up concerns with this mechanic (both here and the standalone version's thread) there is no discussion being had, the person responding only says something along the lines of "It's intentional" before moving on even when the concerns being brought up are as nuanced as the complaint I made above. People (at least, most people) are not arguing that afk farming for EXP should be allowed or that the reduction should be removed entirely, people are arguing for a better system to prevent afk farming that doesn't heavily nerf the summoner overall. It's already a pain to get enjoyment out of my favorite class in the base game, and this "intentional mechanic" is only making it harder to get enjoyment from the summoner at best and making the class totally unplayable at worst. And it's very hard to see it as nothing more than a method to dissuade people from afk farming when no one is seemingly willing to have a discussion on the matter. (And no, I don't consider cold dismissal to be a form of discussion.)

If the mechanic is not going to be reworked or replaced, at the very least it would be nice to have some way to configure the reduction. I don't think it should be 10% by default, but even if it is 10% by default.. being able to adjust it to at least 50/50 in the config would be a godsend. It doesn't fix the fundamental problem with the mechanic but it would certainly make it a whole lot more bearable.

Last edited:
EDIT: Having doubled my time playing the mod I can now say that it is indeed supposed to remove the EXP reduction whenever you get a non-summon hit on the creature. That being said, the experience I described below was a legitimate one. I'm guessing it was some kind of bug but I'm not sure. Regardless, I leave my original post below in it's entirety so that it can potentially be used to find the bug and also because I stand by the core sentiments of the post. I do not believe the reduction is a fair one, because while it's fine how it works for the early stages of the game (when it's working as intended), the end-game levels will be all but impossible to grind as summoner when your summons will more often than not be getting the kills before you can tag the enemies. And I do still believe the attitude of those responding to these concerns to be lacking.

I'm really not a fan of the way minion kills give reduced EXP, at least not with the way it is currently handled. I understand that it's a preventative measure to keep people from afk farming EXP using minions but it drastically puts summoner at a disadvantage when it comes to gaining EXP during active play. I've seen in multiple posts that hitting the enemy at least once before the minions kill it will remove the modifier and give you the normal EXP amount for the kill but in practice it seems this does not work with just a single hit, it seems you need to deal a certain amount of damage or a certain percentage of the enemy's max hp before you will get the full EXP reward. As things stand about half the kills I get during active play give me normal EXP and that's only while playing extremely risky; Add to that the fact that this will only get worse as you progress into the later stages of the game and eventually I'll basically be getting all my EXP at a reduction of 90%. Because of this, summoners have to do about 5~10 times the amount of grinding just to get to the same levels as any other class, and that's on top of the fact that summoners are already the weakest class available in the base game due to poor implementation. The only way to avoid this problem is, ironically, to afk farm EXP. If I'm already going to have to pour 5~10 hours of grinding into the game just to get the same amount of progress as another class gets in an hour, I may as well make it a guaranteed 10 hours of grinding and do it while I'm afk.. But the whole point of this is allegedly to prevent afk farming, so why stick so much to a system that in the end only incentivizes it?

I say 'allegedly' because I don't think that was really the intent. In nearly every response to someone bringing up concerns with this mechanic (both here and the standalone version's thread) there is no discussion being had, the person responding only says something along the lines of "It's intentional" before moving on even when the concerns being brought up are as nuanced as the complaint I made above. People (at least, most people) are not arguing that afk farming for EXP should be allowed or that the reduction should be removed entirely, people are arguing for a better system to prevent afk farming that doesn't heavily nerf the summoner overall. It's already a pain to get enjoyment out of my favorite class in the base game, and this "intentional mechanic" is only making it harder to get enjoyment from the summoner at best and making the class totally unplayable at worst. And it's very hard to see it as nothing more than a method to dissuade people from afk farming when no one is seemingly willing to have a discussion on the matter. (And no, I don't consider cold dismissal to be a form of discussion.)

If the mechanic is not going to be reworked or replaced, at the very least it would be nice to have some way to configure the reduction. I don't think it should be 10% by default, but even if it is 10% by default.. being able to adjust it to at least 50/50 in the config would be a godsend. It doesn't fix the fundamental problem with the mechanic but it would certainly make it a whole lot more bearable.
srry for ur experience. while i can't exactly speak for the devs, I can say gotest was discussing a rework to the summoner class as a whole, rather than just the system to "nerf" it. first intent is have summons only attack targeted enemies (which can b done with right clicking while holding a summon weapon, or whips in 1.4), and second is to add an ability a bit down the summon line for summons to act in a vanilla manner. whether this will be the behavior to rework the "nerf", idk

also i put nerf in quotes bc this is way too much damage to summoner playthroughs to b called a simple nerf, not bc i don't think it is a nerf

• Thorium(Partial) | Symphonic(INT+DEX) and Radiant(INT+SPR) damage scaling | Boss levels
    [*]Sacred Tools(Partial) | Developer support
    [*]Dragon Ball Terraria | Ki Damage (Spirit/Enhancement)
  • why is this crossed out thoes it work or not?

I have a question, ever since i started a playthrough with this mod and calamity/fargo's/thorium , every boss that has a "phase" which they recieve 1 damage per hit (kinda invicible) (calamitas, skeletron[arms], etc) they get insta killed, and i think it is not meant to be this way?

i've been testing without other mods, but it seems that leveled is causing this problem, idk why, i'll keep testing, if i get anything different i'll get in touch.

Edit : Tested without Fargo's and Thorium.
Calamitas, skeletron and even dungeon guardian getting instakilled, probably something happening with the coding in the bosses defense in these phases.

Last edited:
I'm all up for balance, /w this mod installed pre-hardmode, the wall of flesh (normal map) has 28,000+ HP is insane to beat, it's not remotely balanced /w the hit damage, which is extremely weak in comparison, even after many days of farming and level ups, I had to remove the mod. If it had a balanced slider, that would be nice.

Hey so I am playing with the level mod and up till just an hour or so ago as of posting this my weapons were showing and doing around 1k damage now that show about 200-300 and after 5 seconds or so goes to like 98 doses it with all weapons I have but numbers are coming from a terra blade and when I am in the same world and the same character without the mode it is 300+ is there any fix for this I live this mod and think it improves the game massively but if I cant get this back to how it was I will sadly need to remove it. and one more thing when I start to fight a boss after a few min of fighting it the dmg goes to where it should be but as soon as I stop attaching it starts rapidly going down again I am trying to get a clip of this now never mind I cant get a video of it and upload it wont let me

Last edited:
is there a way to move text box, its somewhat out of windows box, so i cant see the rest of the msg
Снимок.JPG

I have a bug when playing with this mod. even when with just this mod alone im not able to gather any xp from mobs. every other way works fine though. Any advice?

I have a bug when playing with this mod. even when with just this mod alone im not able to gather any xp from mobs. every other way works fine though. Any advice?
i've updated to last version some days ago and now i've the same problem, getting exp only from ores

Hope this gets ported to 1.4.4 soon, was always a neat mod.

Level+ is good, but it's not the same ya know?

Back
Top Bottom