tModLoader Licenses - Unlock items as you progress

Nothing unusual. I can't recall the exact message right now, but nih-on showed a message telling me that the world is now nihilated,
nih-off that it is no longer nihilated, and using nih-on twice told me that the filters are already in effect. It's very mysterious, if you ask me.
Well, but I guess that's just how mods are sometimes. If there is anything else I can help you with, just let me know. Again, thanks for your
help. I wonder if we can solve this mystery.

Nothing unusual. I can't recall the exact message right now, but nih-on showed a message telling me that the world is now nihilated,
nih-off that it is no longer nihilated, and using nih-on twice told me that the filters are already in effect. It's very mysterious, if you ask me.
Well, but I guess that's just how mods are sometimes. If there is anything else I can help you with, just let me know.
Can you post a screenshot of the tooltips that appear on a given item that *should* be locked, and maybe one on any item that shouldn't be (needs the debug mode setting I mentioned earlier)?

Sure, but I'm afraid I can't do that right now. It's already getting late where I live and i have to wake up early tomorrow, but I will post a pic
as soon as I get home. But yeah, thats an interesting idea...I didn't check the items that should be unlocked. I will check that, thanks.

Edit : Finally, I think I found the issue! I told you that everything was blacklisted by "Any Item" and "Any Dye", right? I was wrong. "Any Dye"
is not blacklisting, its whitelisting ALL ITEMS. I removed the entry from the default config and everything is now properly blacklisted and locked,
the problem is that it also locks Equipment that should be unlocked - The Whitelists for Copper and Tin, Cacti, etc. are all in the config and shown
by the "nih-show-filters" command, but they are not really in effect, but using a license on them DOES unlock them. When I have more time I
will check if the licensed items reset again like they did in the past, but unfortunatly I have to go now.

Oh, and here are the screenshots in zip file :
https://forums.terraria.org/index.p...5/&temp_hash=c163f36856cd248cd03799cb34d56967

Quick Update : I can now confirm that exiting and restarting the game does indeed lock the licensed items again, despite the game stating they
are already licensed when trying to license them again.

Attachments

• Licenses Bug7z.7z
    692.4 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Sure, but I'm afraid I can't do that right now. It's already getting late where I live and i have to wake up early tomorrow, but I will post a pic
as soon as I get home. But yeah, thats an interesting idea...I didn't check the items that should be unlocked. I will check that, thanks.

Edit : Finally, I think I found the issue! I told you that everything was blacklisted by "Any Item" and "Any Dye", right? I was wrong. "Any Dye"
is not blacklisting, its whitelisting ALL ITEMS. I removed the entry from the default config and everything is now properly blacklisted and locked,
the problem is that it also locks Equipment that should be unlocked - The Whitelists for Copper and Tin, Cacti, etc. are all in the config and shown
by the "nih-show-filters" command, but they are not really in effect, but using a license on them DOES unlock them. When I have more time I
will check if the licensed items reset again like they did in the past, but unfortunatly I have to go now.

Oh, and here are the screenshots in zip file :
https://forums.terraria.org/index.p...5/&temp_hash=c163f36856cd248cd03799cb34d56967

Quick Update : I can now confirm that exiting and restarting the game does indeed lock the licensed items again, despite the game stating they
are already licensed when trying to license them again.
Can you screenshot a licensed item? Also, can you send me your player's .tplr file?

Sure, no problem. Here is a zip file containing a series of screenshots as well as some other Information that might prove to be useful.
I really hope this helps.

https://forums.terraria.org/index.p...4/&temp_hash=66582b6f884c4fe39d66a9f1caccf04b
Really odd. I'll try to see what failsafes I can add, but I'm completely unable to replicate these.

Can you confirm (when you get the issue with the copper items) what filters are in effect? Again, just send a log file.

Very odd, indeed. What makes it even more odd is that the error can't be replicated on your side, which means
it must be something that only effects me and my systems. If this issue really can't be solved and if it just effects
me it may be better to just move on, as it doesnt seem to be an issue that other people have. I just don't get why
it effects both of my computers and all possible setups that I tried, but well, like I said before, thats the thing with
mods and computers - sometimes they just act weird, without any apparent reason. I will post a log if you like,
but the problem is that it doesnt just effects copper items, but all items, and second, that both log and commands
showed that all filters were active and default, until I removed the Filter "Any Dye", which was the only change I made
to test if it somehow solves the problem. Removing the "Any Dye" Filter blacklists all items with the filter "Any Item"
except those mentioned in the config of Licenses as free Items, but somehow this doesnt affect Copper and Tin Equipment,
Wooden Equipment and Cactus Equipment, as these are blacklisted nonetheless. Now this would work for me, as I could
just use the starting licensens to unlock the starting items, but unfortunatly, exit and reloading the game does lock them
again, despite they are licensed, as shown in the screenshots that i posted. Something weird is going on here, but to be
honest, that could happen to any mod, and second, I know no other mods besides overhaul that change the game as
much as yours, which is why I love them so much, but that also means that something unexpected can happen sometimes.
I guess thats the price for making and playing with mods that complete change the experience in an awesome way, and
I'm completely okay with that. It might just be my system screwing up the mod somehow, in which case it might be not even
the fault of your mod, but who knows. If you want, we can continue trying to fix this problem, but if not, that would be
also understandable. Anyway, its really awesome to see how much you care about your mods, and how quick and how
friendly you responded, and how much you try to help me. That's really nice, I appreciate that. :)

Edit : Here is the log file you asked for :
https://forums.terraria.org/index.p...1/&temp_hash=dfeef19dc561e8483d2b1eb2259791b1

Attachments

• New Log.7z
    1.7 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Hello! Just added multiple more of your amazing mods, and I gotta say, they really make this game even better. Real feeling of progression and accomplishment for the entire time I play.

I have a questions specifically about this here mod, namely about PP. First time user, so just wondering. Are PPs essentially unlimited given how they are obtained? I'm asking because I have a very heavily modded game with bajillion items, and I would like to know if it is theoretically possible to license them all in the long run.

Hello! Just added multiple more of your amazing mods, and I gotta say, they really make this game even better. Real feeling of progression and accomplishment for the entire time I play.

I have a questions specifically about this here mod, namely about PP. First time user, so just wondering. Are PPs essentially unlimited given how they are obtained? I'm asking because I have a very heavily modded game with bajillion items, and I would like to know if it is theoretically possible to license them all in the long run.
Depends on the settings you use for Rewards, but the defaults should let you grind bosses, albeit much slower than killing new ones (if I remembered correctly).

Depends on the settings you use for Rewards, but the defaults should let you grind bosses, albeit much slower than killing new ones (if I remembered correctly).

I see. So if it feels like PP are not coming in at a sufficient rate given the modlist, look up the Rewards config. Sounds great. Many thanks for both the answer and the delicious added difficulty/progression.

Back
Top Bottom