Items Life Crystals are difficult to obtain in multiplayer

SilverBird

Skeletron Prime
Life crystals can be very limited, especially on multiplayer where you will need an absurd amount of crystals to get everyone up to 400 hp. Since crystal hearts do not grow like life fruit, and ONLY generate upon the world being created, it can take hours of digging just to find enough for 1 player (15 crystals per player).

Possible Solutions (me and a few friends came up with these):
  • Crystal hearts could be made more common, however this would make single player a lot easier and doesn't really fix the fact that life crystals are not renewable.
  • Crystal hearts could drop "soulbound" life crystals, similar to treasure bags (though this would require people in multiplayer to all go mining together, good for small groups, bad for large servers)
  • Crystal hearts could "grow". they would simply appear randomly over time, maybe they would act like meteorite (spawn whenever there are less than X in a world)
  • Life crystals could drop from a monster, boss, be rare loot anywhere, or, from fishing...

(Suggested names: Heartcarp, Love Disk(h),)
cR2OjUA.png

Obtained from:
Underground (1:100 chance, 1 at a time)
Cavern (1:100 chance, 2-3 at a time)
Hallow (1:50 chance, 1 at a time)
Underground/Cavern Hallow (1:50 chance, 2-3 at a time)

I so agree with this.
Doing 3 player Terraria and not being able to find enough Life Crystals for everyone(we were in Hardmode and I still only had about 300 HP!)was an absolute pain.

Yeah, good ideas!

I have an additional suggestion. Do you know the Avalon Mod or Exxo Avalon? If not, check them out, if you want :)

But now for idea. If you don't know these modpacks, when you create your world the world generator creates small chunks of Heartstone. Chunks are not big, but they are slightly more common than Life Crystal. You can combine 45 Heartstone into a Life Crystal, and a Life Crystal into 45 Heartstone.

I wouldn't like to copy that from Exxo Avalon, but that was only a suggestion.

Yeah, good ideas!

I have an additional suggestion. Do you know the Avalon Mod or Exxo Avalon? If not, check them out, if you want :)

But now for idea. If you don't know these modpacks, when you create your world the world generator creates small chunks of Heartstone. Chunks are not big, but they are slightly more common than Life Crystal. You can combine 45 Heartstone into a Life Crystal, and a Life Crystal into 45 Heartstone.

I wouldn't like to copy that from Exxo Avalon, but that was only a suggestion.
What would that solve? Rather than adding a chunk of that you could simply add a heart crystal.

Though the solution of fishing seems like the best one.

Small correction: you actually can obtain them through Gold or Titanium crates.

I like this! And im scared, because we're doing an 7 person playthrough soon...

It should probably be reported to be closed, but I'll leave someone else to do that, as I'm not 100% sure on this situation. I'm not the best with this kind of stuff.

Back
Top Bottom