PS4 Light and night keys not working

Con-Craig-7

Terrarian
For some reason when I play the key of light and night into an empty chest it is not spawning the mimics , it’s a hard mode work and the chests are empty plz help me
Edit:I’m also in a large “legacy” world if that makes any difference non-expert

Last edited:
For some reason when I play the key of light and night into an empty chest it is not spawning the mimics , it’s a hard mode work and the chests are empty plz help me
Have you tried it in a new world?

Hi @Con-Craig-7, right now the spawning of the large Corruption/Crimson/Hallowed mimics is glitched. What has been working for others is to keep trying. Some are saying that it won’t work on the first, second, third time, but then will work. It’s not necessarily the fourth time that it’ll work, that’s just an example.

So keep putting the key into an empty chest in a hardmode world, and if it doesn’t work, keep doing it until it does. A bit frustrating, but the only workaround for now.

If you have a moment, I’d encourage you to send in your info about this (what’s working, what’s not working) to the developers here:
https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

Edit: If you turn off auto-pause, the keys will work.

Last edited:
Definitely gonna try that (mainly because i need the Daedelus stormbow xD) hopefully you get it working!
Also try turning off and on the console, if that doesn't work, do the same thing but wait 1 minute - 1 day between turning it on and off.

I came across this thread looking for a solution to my Key of Night problem on console and got it figured out. My chests were working fine when I was playing with a friend but not solo - turned off auto pause and it worked every time. Auto pause isn't a thing in multiplayer thus it worked in multi just fine. Slightly necroing the post in hopes this helps someone brought here by googling a solution.

I came across this thread looking for a solution to my Key of Night problem on console and got it figured out. My chests were working fine when I was playing with a friend but not solo - turned off auto pause and it worked every time. Auto pause isn't a thing in multiplayer thus it worked in multi just fine. Slightly necroing the post in hopes this helps someone brought here by googling a solution.
Thanks bro. I wasted about an hour trying to figure out why it wouldn't work. Read your post, turned off auto-pause. Then it worked like a charm. Appreciate the help. Can confirm this method works on XB1 as well.

Back
Top Bottom