Items Lightning Strikes and Burning Trees - hear me out... :-)

RafeArcher

Terrarian
IDEA ONE:
If you're flying a kite or swimming in water during a Thunderstorm, you're asking to get struck by lightning.

If you actually do get struck, you should take a certain amount of damage depending on which kite you were flying or how far away the lighting struck the water that you were swimming in.

If you survive the strike, (and if you really want to go crazy with the idea), perhaps certain items (in your inventory [or accessory slots]) can be changed into lightning versions:
• A golden key turns into a Lightning Key which opens special lighting chests up in sky islands?​
• Regular boots turn in to lightning boots?​
• Swords made from common ores should be turned into a Lightning Sword?​
• any sand get turned into glass?​
Lightning should also randomly strike regular trees and burn them down. Struck trees should drop "Charred Acorns".

IDEA TWO:
  • Charred Acorns: must be planted on ash to grow "Burning Trees".
  • Burning Trees: are naturally found in the underworld (as well as player-plantable on ash [at any level]). When they are chopped down, in addition to having a chance to drop Charred Acorns, they should also drop "Burnt Fruits" and "Tree Ash".
  • Burnt Fruits: are burnt variants of the fruits that are dropped by normal trees and are used to craft "burnt" versions of their respective food recipes which will then grant a smaller version of the Inferno buff.
  • Tree Ash: is a crafting material, that when blended at the Blend-O-Matic with any of the other soils that plants can be planted in, creates a fertilized version of that soil. Plants that are planted in fertilized soils will yield increased amounts of herbs and seeds (this effect does stack with the Staff of Regrowth and other similar items).

So there are my ideas. What do you think?
I'm sure there are a lot more ideas that people could go crazy with - I'll leave the details up to your imaginations. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom