Game Mechanics Lights, Liquids and That Stuff - Photontizer and Liquid Dyer

Is it a Good Idea?

• Total voters

JK0

The Destroyer
iUtwiM9.png

(I made some alterations to the original artwork, trying to correct some mistakes)

Important Details

Black COLOR can have an important role if you decide to make intermittent lights (intervals).

Question: So, why would we use fountains, colored torches and that kind of stuff?
Answer: Torches and Gemspark Blocks are a thousand times easier to make and use. The photontizer is an end-game feature created to make your buildings look better. Fountains can be used as a way to texture water and as a furniture.

Cool COLOR Ideas

Shadow COLOR - If used with the Photontizer it's going to emit a shadow light, blocking every light. Even holding a torch (or other source of light) won't emit light, it's still going to be dark, like an inverted light (Shadow Light).
If used with the Liquid Dyer, nothing inside of the liquid is going to be shown. Lights, players, enemies (Black Hole).
UApdx5R.jpg

Negative COLOR - If used with the Photontizer it's going to emit an inverted light, inverting the color of everything on its range (Inverse Light).
If used with the Liquid Dyer, everything inside of the liquid is going to be inverted. Lights, players, enemies (New Dimension).
lAzJkgC.jpg

Saturation COLOR (Also Grey COLOR) - If used with the Photontizer it's going to emit a grey light. Everything on its range is going to be Black and White. (B&W Light).
If used with the Liquid Dyer, everything inside of the liquid is going to be Black and White. Lights, players, enemies (50's).
MY6Ed74.jpg

Invisible COLOR - If used with the Photontizer it's going to turn the tile, where the photontizer is, completely invisible (only the tile) (Invisible Not-Light)
If used with the Liquid Dyer, the liquid would still be there, but invisible (Fountain of Invisibility).
In this case, the tiles and liquids would only be seen holding a wiring tool.
gWLvuax.jpg

YJs2wtE.jpg

Take a look at the Pixel Art I did for this mechanic (I tried to improve a little bit, but it's not the best sprite ever)
WNBrWTd.png

s8imo8b.png
qBtPU5W.png

QgQ5nxP.png
Jda9Djh.png

Nw0Srth.png
mmZbZXb.png

Ne74GYt.png
4oXMyEq.png

E1VmDMB.png
kAdbKqR.png

lpiHCpA.png

Some other cool ideas that inspired me. (One of them is mine)

I would love this mechanic to be implemented in the game, that would help a lot the builders (like me).
(You can also take a look at some other ideas I had for 1.3.1 here)
Thank you :)

Last edited:
This is one of the most impressive suggestions I have ever seen, and that's just for the effort you put into it.

I enjoy how you are keeping things consistint and cover every aspect that needs to be covered, and kept it incredibly organized. Besides that, this is one of neatest things I have seen yet, and its something very new for sure.

Keep up the good work!

I am assuming if I had a straight column of liquid dyers in a pool, the topmost would take priority? (I know the rightmost in a line would take priority)

Reactions: JK0
Wow. You clearly want this suggestion in the game. ( by the way, that presentation looks amazing). And the idea is great too! I don't know how I could give a criticism but maybe use darker outlines on terraria sprites. Other than that, it is awesome!

This is one of the most impressive suggestions I have ever seen, and that's just for the effort you put into it.

I enjoy how you are keeping things consistint and cover every aspect that needs to be covered, and kept it incredibly organized. Besides that, this is one of neatest things I have seen yet, and its something very new for sure.

Keep up the good work!

Thank you Doylee, I really take it seriously when you said I should put some effort into it :D

I am assuming if I had a straight column of liquid dyers in a pool, the topmost would take priority? (I know the rightmost in a line would take priority)

Oh, it has the same priority as the fountains, I don't know if fountains are priorized by topmost, but I think they are.

Wow. You clearly want this suggestion in the game. ( by the way, that presentation looks amazing). And the idea is great too! I don't know how I could give a criticism but maybe use darker outlines on terraria sprites. Other than that, it is awesome!

Thanks friend. I'm still learning Pixel Art, but by the way, thanks for the tip!

Looks absolutely fantastic! Nice work :happy:

Thank you. It really took me a long time to think about everything and it was a hard work to do every illustration.

-----------------

So, I would just like to ask, which flat character did you like most?

I absolutely love this suggestion.
The idea is amazing and well thought out, and the presentation is just astounding.
I dare say this is my favorite suggestion.

Well, you sure put a lot of effort into this. I support. Seems like a pretty cool thing for stuff, if only a tiny bit over complicated. But who cares? Negative light, :red:es!

The presentation is amazing, as others have said. That alone gets you my vote.
Plus I like the idea of making things that don't glow, glow.

(Also trolling people with blue lava.)

The presentation is amazing, as others have said. That alone gets you my vote.
Plus I like the idea of making things that don't glow, glow.

(Also trolling people with blue lava.)

Thank you friend. Trolling people with blue lava is a classic joke (not too classic) HAHAHA
EDIT: Better than trolling with blue lava is trolling with invisible lava :cool:

Last edited:
Sadly, I'm colorblind and have little to no aesthetic sense. Still, this is probably some of the most effort I've seen in a suggestion since the Confection, so props to you good sir. I can't not support.

I love this suggestion, the effort you put into it, and your art style. I love how the suggestion is kind of like an advertisement.

It would be cool if we could work together on suggestions (I'm alright at pixel art an sometimes good suggestions sprout out of my mind), but you don't have to of course.

Support.

What I love about the presentation is that not only does it display exactly what your idea is and how it works, it also acts as a de facto "Idiot' guide to Photontizing".
I love this suggestion, it's original, well thought out, and it has had a lot of effort put into it. My only criticism is that the colour look quite expensive to produce, so photontizing a large area wouldn't come cheap.
But not only does it open up a whole new system of decorating and increase the amount of possible creations tenfold, it also provides a cool new dynamic to traps, by disguising Lava as Water, and hiding your trap blocks and pressure plates away sneakily, as well as being able to make a tunnel pitch black to suprise other players.
One of the best suggestions I have ever seen, especially for a first suggestion!

What I love about the presentation is that not only does it display exactly what your idea is and how it works, it also acts as a de facto "Idiot' guide to Photontizing".
I love this suggestion, it's original, well thought out, and it has had a lot of effort put into it. My only criticism is that the colour look quite expensive to produce, so photontizing a large area wouldn't come cheap.
But not only does it open up a whole new system of decorating and increase the amount of possible creations tenfold, it also provides a cool new dynamic to traps, by disguising Lava as Water, and hiding your trap blocks and pressure plates away sneakily, as well as being able to make a tunnel pitch black to suprise other players.
One of the best suggestions I have ever seen, especially for a first suggestion!

HAHAHA
Thank you friend!
Colorizing your builds is expensive because it's an end-game and it's a way to not depreciate the other lights, so I thought it would be OK.
It really opens a new world of possibilities to your buildings, so I did what I could :)

Back
Top Bottom