• Hmm... pretty solid

• No

• This is bad

Results are only viewable after voting.

novvon

The Destroyer
Explorer NPC

Explorer NPC (2) (1).png

This is just a small idea I've decided to sprite. I don't have many that many ideas on the actual function. Please feel free to criticize. I don't care.

DESCRIPTION:

So this NPC is basically found in the underground jungle in a kind of "bound state" standing around with a map.

Explorer NPC (1).png

"Lost Adventurer"

The feature of this NPC is that every once and a while (maybe every few days?) she departs, giving the message "(name of explorer) has departed".
Now the wonderful part, you need to find your poor NPC. Or at least you can if you want. Whatever. She can be found all over the world (actually, probably just underground).
For an example, she could be webbed to a wall in a spiders nest, or knocked out somewhere, or perhaps just wandering like how you found her. When spoken to she will reward you with
her finds on her adventure. That could range from useless things such as gems, a few pre-hardmode ores, rope, torches, (angel statues?), etc. To, in hardmode, hardmode ores (chlorophyte?),
maybe even weapons. Heck, maybe if you're post-plantera she could have a rare chance of finding a pick-saw. It matters how far you are in-game. Perhaps she could even find new items.

Dialogue:

I did not think this through all that much. This needs working on...

When first spoken to:

"Oh uh.. hel-?, HEY! Watch where you point that!"

"BACK OFF MONSTE-!, Oh, you're not another jungle creeper..."

When talked to:

"(name of witch docter) is so mysterious. Who knows what kind of beast is behind that mask..."

"I just hate derplings. So... untamed..."

"Other lihzahrds never liked me. I ran away as a child. Y'know I think me and (name of goblin tinkerer) are really alike."

"(name of mechanic)? I remember my father was a mechanic. Always busy making some kind of... well... stone lookin' machine thing..."

When found:

"Ey! (name of player)! Just in time. Lookee' here!'

"I knew you'd come. Check these out..."

"Did you follow me here?"

"I bet you just came for my loot."

Other NPCs:

Demolitionist:

"That (name of explorer) better keep away from MY GEMS! If I catch that girl exploring my collection, I'm gonna blow it!"

Dye Trader:

"(name of explorer) has some fine velvet on her. I'd pay a fortune for that. I'm getting sick of purple..."

Witch Docter:

"Hmm... that (name of explorer)... puzzling... perhaps it was... no they couldn't have raised her..."

Dryad:

"Aww... that poor soul, (name of explorer)..."

Spritesheet:

Explorer NPC (2) (2).png

Please, if have any suggestions, tell me. I'd love to work with someone on this!
Don't use the sprites without asking me and crediting me as well.
This is very unfinished. I probably missed something...

Attachments

• Explorer NPC (2) (1).png
    Explorer NPC (2) (1).png
    1.4 KB · Views: 102
  • Explorer NPC (1).png
    Explorer NPC (1).png
    688 bytes · Views: 96
  • Explorer NPC (2) (2).png
    Explorer NPC (2) (2).png
    2.1 KB · Views: 115
That sounds pretty interesting!

I wonder about a few things though, like, if she appears at random places, it could be quite dangerous for her. without mods to make them invulnerable to monster attacks and such, town NPCs are quite fragile out in the wilderness, especially in hardmode. Maybe should do something to make her more durable so she won't get immedially killed by a giant tortoise, herpling, or anything else strong...

Also, I'm curious about that mystery around her.

So basically it's a NPC that appears occasionally, gives you random items, and vanish afterwards? Not a bad idea, but there should be some hint that you can find of his whereabouts. Finding her randomly in the vast world is going to be a nightmare

This reminds me of World of Warcraft, with its followers that go on quests to get you items, and its League of Explorers, in particular the murloc explorer Sir Finley Mrrgglton.

An NPC who is an ally but also goes on their own adventures? That might be more exciting than the lives of any of the other NPCs.

I'd definitely go hunting for her if there were some unique items she can find in certain biomes. She's exploring the desert today? Yay, I'll go find her for a chance to get the decorative item 'Dinosaur Skeleton'!

Back
Top Bottom