Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Here's what you can improve...

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters

J-50N

Terrarian
So, I've been thinking about the Lihzahrds and I've determined that they need something new. As it is there is just one Lihzahrd mob, a Flying Snake and the Golem. This adds an entire Lihzahrd themed invasion with new and unique loot.

Lihzahrd Scout - (Uses current Lihzahrd sprite) Warrior AI, Acts like a tougher Goblin Scout and transforms at half health. Spawns post-Golem in the outer 2/3rds of the map - Drops Lihzahrd Cloth
Lihzahrd Warrior.png
Lihazahrd Warrior - Spawns in the temple, replaces current Lihzahrds in Temple - Drops remain the same
Lihzahrd Power Cell is renamed to Golem Power Core and has a new sprite. Lihzahrd Power Cells are now dropped by some enemies in the Lihzahrd Invasion.

This guy would be spawned towards the end of the Goblin invasion, once.
Goblin General.gif
Goblin General Dismounted.png
Goblin General - ~500 health, ~40 damage. Buffs all nearby Goblins with +15% Damage, +10% Speed and +10% critical strike chance. Slime AI -> Warrior AI at 1/2 health - Drops
Goblin Battle Standard (1/5), 10-15 Gel (1/1)
The Lihzahrd Invasion would be summoned with a Lihzahrd Battle Standard.
Lihzahrd Battle Standard.png

Lihzahrd Warlock.png
Lihzahrd Warlock (Or Wihzahrd) - ~750 health, ~75 damage. Wizard AI. In addition to shooting homing Energy Sun Spheres, they are able to create damage absorbing shields around allies, and summons Lihzahrd Monoliths. While they are alive, shields appear over Lava pits and other hazards - Drops Lihzahrd Power Cell (1/15)

Lihzahrd Monolith.png
Lihzahrd Monolith - ~250 health, ~50 damage. Enchanted Weapon AI. Has a 25% chance to inflict Cursed- Drops Nazar (1/100)

Hover Hunter.png
Hover Hunter - ~1000 health, ~100 melee damage, ~50 ranged damage. Hovers, throws spears and has a strong melee attack - Drops Lihzahrd Levitatolith (1/50), 10-20 Lihzahrd Javelins (1/1), Lihzahrd Power Cell (1/25)

Lihzahrd Assassin.png
Lihzahrd Assassin - ~500 health, ~75 damage. Chaos Elemental AI, Cloaks, teleports and inflicts Venom. Transforms at half health. - Drops Lihzahrd Dagger (1/50), Damaged Cloaking Device (1/50)

Lihzahrd Sniper.png
Lihzahrd Sniper^ - ~500 health, ~75 damage. Archer AI, Shoots high damaging lasers which ricochet twice - Drops Projectile Accelerator (1/75), Broken Laser Prism (1/50)

Lihzahrd Drone.gif
Lihzahrd Drone - ~250 health, ~50 damage. Demon Eye AI, Shoots lasers - Drops Energy Lens (1/5), Lihzahrd Power Cell (1/25)

The shields created by the Lihzahrd Warlocks would spawn over deep pits, lava and block traps. This is to prevent autofarming. (Idea by @Gorthuar )
Hardlight Platforms.png
Lihzahrd Cloth.png
Lihzahrd Cloth - Material
Energy Lens.png
Energy Lens - Material

Lihzahrd Battle Standard.png
Lihzahrd Battle Standard - Summons Lihzahrd Army, Crafted with 10 Lihzahrd Cloth and 5 Lihzahrd Bricks
Lihzarhd Levitatolith (Item).png
Lihzahrd Levitatolith - The Hoverboard should be nerfed, and this would be a slightly buffed version of the current Hoverboard

Laser Prism.png

Broken Laser Prism - Material
Laser Prism - Crafted with a Broken Laser Prism, 4 Energy Lenses and a Lihzahrd Power Cell - 40 Magic Damage, 5 Mana - Shoots lasers very quickly in random directions. The lasers ricochet twice.

Lihzahrd Ray Gun.png
Lihzahrd Ray Gun - Crafted with a Broken Laser Prism, 3 Energy Lenses, 25 Lihzahrd Brick and a Lihzahrd Power Cell - 60 Magic Damage, 7 Mana - Acts like the Laser Rifle, but the laser ricochets twice.

Lihzahrd Cloaking Device.png

Damaged Cloaking Device - Material
Lihzahrd Cloaking Device - Crafted with a Damaged Cloaking Device, 1 Energy Lens and a Lihzahrd Power Cell - Accessory, Press down to activate Cloaking. While Cloaked enemies are less likely to target you, you get +7% Critical chance and a 20% chance to dodge attacks, as well as losing -20% movement speed.

Lihzahrd Forceshield.png

Lihzahrd Forceshield - Crafted with a Paladin's Shield, Frozen Turtle Shell, 10 Lihzahrd Bricks and a Golem Power Core - Accessory, 6 Defense, places a shield around all allies and/or yourself when the target is below 25% health. The shield absorbs 50% of incoming damage.

Projectile Accelerator.png
Projectile Accelerator - Accessory, +50% Projectile Speed, +10% Ranged Damage

Lihzahrd Throwing Spear.png
Lihzahrd Javelin - Dropped from Hover Hunters in stacks of 10-20 - Consumable, 75 Ranged Damage, inflicts Venom for 3 seconds
Lihzahrd Dagger.png
Lihzahrd Dagger - Dropped from Lihzahrd Assassins at a 1/50 chance - Shortsword, 100 Melee Damage, inflicts Venom for 3 seconds at a 1/3 chance
Lihzahrd Breaker Blade.png
Lihzahrd Breaker Blade - Crafted with a Breaker Blade, 25 Lihzahrd Brick, 2 Lihzahrd Power Cells, and a Golem Power Core - 250 Melee Damage, Very Slow Speed, Insane Knockback

Credits:
Lihzahrd Warrior Sprite based on a sprite by @Leinfors.
Lihzahrd Warrior Base Sprite (Leinfors).png

The kneeling Hover Hunter was based on a sprite in Legend of Maxx.

More will be added to the Goblin Invasion and especially the Pirate Invasion.
Feedback is appreciated, especially feedback concerning balance.

Check out the rest of my suggestions here.
Also, check out this suggestion by Szgamer227 for changes to improve the Temple itself: http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...hazards-obstacles-improvements-and-more.2267/

Last edited:
Anything which could make it better? And yes I know about the others, but I think mine is fairly unique.
I wasnt saying this was bad. I honestly dont have much of an opinion on any invasion type thing, thats why i said it was ok :p

I wasnt saying this was bad. I honestly dont have much of an opinion on any invasion type thing, thats why i said it was ok :p
Well then, do you have an opinion on the other stuff? Any balancing thoughts? Or just a generic OK this is decent?
Sorry if I sound mean, I'm kind of frustrated from posting two fairly well thought out threads and getting nothing in response except for your post.

Well then, do you have an opinion on the other stuff? Any balancing thoughts? Or just a generic OK this is decent?
Sorry if I sound mean, I'm kind of frustrated from posting two fairly well thought out threads and getting nothing in response except for your post.
Ok... Well, i do think the lihzahrd warrior thing in the temple is a good idea (you saw my lihzahrd expansion thread :p) and the invasion enemies seem well balanced. Only thing is, like i said before, im kinda indifferent on any invasion suggestion for some reason. Yours definately isnt bad!

See what happens when you don't drag your wonderful idea with you to these forums, @Leinfors? :)

This one's rather good as well though. Nice sprites. :) I like invasions. Wouldn't mind some more of them.

I like the idea because the Lihzahrd Temple does not have any very unique loot. So now the Lihzahrd invasion has a hole lot of unique loot for the lihzahrds .

I like this suggestion in general. Invasions are fun + new mobs for lihzahrds = more fun.
Changes to existing things

"Lihzahrd Scout, Lihazahrd Warrior, Lihzahrd Power Cell is renamed to Golem Power Core" - I don't think it's actually needed. Not LizWarrior itself, but all replacing part. "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". People already got used to Power Cells. Because goblin scouts drops battle standart material, doesn't mean Lihzahrds must do the same. Lihzahrd warrior can spawn like scout and drop Lihzahrd Cloth, why not?
Goblin General
This one totally great. Mini-boss at the end of Goblin Invasion? Yes! And your sprite makes this idea complitely awesome.
Lihzahrd Warlock (Or Wihzahrd)
Wihzahrd... Amazing :happy: In my opinion, fits perfectly. About lava-traps-shield - I'm not against it, really (using traps only on Pumpkin/Frost Moon... Can you beat these events without lava? o_O), just seems hard to implement... But I'm no dev, so don't know for sure :)
Lihzahrd Monolith
All my support. Never was so exciting since Cyber Drill :passionate: Well, maybe it can inflict curse and drop Nazar?
Hover Hunter, Lihzahrd Assassin, Lihzahrd Sniper, Lihzahrd Drone
Great examples of Lihzahrd's invasion force! I was especially happy to see ol' good Demon Eye in late-HM invasion :happy: Without a doubt I like all of them.

Speaking of loot, my favorite is Laser Prism. "Shoots lasers very quickly in random directions." I'm sure, it's very fun to use such thing ;)And new Breaker Blade would be nice to have!

I like this suggestion in general. Invasions are fun + new mobs for lihzahrds = more fun.
Changes to existing things

"Lihzahrd Scout, Lihazahrd Warrior, Lihzahrd Power Cell is renamed to Golem Power Core" - I don't think it's actually needed. Not LizWarrior itself, but all replacing part. "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". People already got used to Power Cells. Because goblin scouts drops battle standart material, doesn't mean Lihzahrds must do the same. Lihzahrd warrior can spawn like scout and drop Lihzahrd Cloth, why not?
I suppose, but the current Lihzahrd Sprite looks more like it would drop Lihz. Cloth. The Golem Core thing was so that it wouldn't get as confused with my Lihzahrd Power Cells. I'm open to an alternative.
Goblin General
This one totally great. Mini-boss at the end of Goblin Invasion? Yes! And your sprite makes this idea complitely awesome.
The Goblin Invasion is still sort of lacking. I'm trying to think of unique loot for this guy.
Lihzahrd Warlock (Or Wihzahrd)
Wihzahrd... Amazing :happy: In my opinion, fits perfectly. About lava-traps-shield - I'm not against it, really (using traps only on Pumpkin/Frost Moon... Can you beat these events without lava? o_O), just seems hard to implement... But I'm no dev, so don't know for sure :)
The shield was mainly to prevent autofarms. I thought it would be cool. It's all just a suggestion, so the devs can pick and choose anyway right? Might as well give them lots of options. ;)
Lihzahrd Monolith
All my support. Never was so exciting since Cyber Drill :passionate: Well, maybe it can inflict curse and drop Nazar?
I'll add that to the OP.
Hover Hunter, Lihzahrd Assassin, Lihzahrd Sniper, Lihzahrd Drone
Great examples of Lihzahrd's invasion force! I was especially happy to see ol' good Demon Eye in late-HM invasion :happy: Without a doubt I like all of them.

Speaking of loot, my favorite is Laser Prism. "Shoots lasers very quickly in random directions." I'm sure, it's very fun to use such thing ;)And new Breaker Blade would be nice to have!
The Laser Prism is also my favorite. It'd be really fun to just walk into a room and spam it everywhere. And we really need an upgraded Breaker Blade.

Thank you for your comments.

I like this idea but what i don't like is the shields made by the wizahrds, simply cuz im too lazy to kill them myself after first time and want to farm them over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again until i have stacks upon stacks of lizahrd power cells that i can sell for millions of platinum until im so rich i can just throw platinum coins into lava and not care at all.

I like this idea but what i don't like is the shields made by the wizahrds, simply cuz im too lazy to kill them myself after first time and want to farm them over and -snip- over and over again until i have stacks upon stacks of lizahrd power cells that i can sell for millions of platinum until im so rich i can just throw platinum coins into lava and not care at all.
So basically you're saying you want to money farm the Lihzahrd Invasion and are too lazy to kill the Wihzahrds to get rid of the Shields? Good. That's what I'm going for here. The Lihzahrds are supremely advanced and know enough to protect themselves from lava and spear traps. You're not meant to sit in a little trapped box while they slaughter themselves on your traps. Farm the Pirate Invasion instead, they're nice and easy and won't have those shields. Almost as profitable too.

Hmm...

I like my name better. :p

Anyways, this would make a great mod. Would definitely play, but I don't think this would make official content.
I agree with you on the name thing. Lihzahrd Breaker Blade was and remains a crappy name. I'm working on it. Also, since you're the balance expert, any comments/suggestions?

Well, seeing as this is on the same tier as Pumpkin and Frost Moon, balance is fairly vague, and so everything just needs to be powerful in the context of endgame equipment. If it is, then you're in the clear. :)

Back
Top Bottom