NPCs & Enemies Lihzahrd Temple Expansion - Hazards, obstacles, improvements, and more!

I want this and Leinfors lizahard invasion... both...
For the mimics since your missing a ranged weapon maybe it could be a full auto dart launcher?
after that there is always accessories and pets or vanity if you want more items...

Small idea: Sun/Energy (or Sun Energy?) blocks/ores that inflict on fire! and burning when you touch them, whenever you beat the golem a few generate in... SPAAAAACE!!! and can be used to make a ranger/magic hybrid set?

Sun sceptor

I'm also thinking a turret summoner staff that summons a solar sentry would be cool.
What I don't understand is why Lihzards "glorify" the sun in the temple though they are extremely deep underground with no chance of seeing the sky.

SUCH A GOOD IDEA!!! And the sun elemental thing is really awesome, chaos elementals are my fav mob. Support all the way!

Most of this is great! The only things I'd question are the invincible mobs; wouldn't the spinning blades be nearly impossible to avoid at that speed if they were on both sides? And the solar sentries look really nice, but it seems like there should be a way to destroy them.

Small idea: Sun/Energy (or Sun Energy?) blocks/ores that inflict on fire! and burning when you touch them, whenever you beat the golem a few generate in... SPAAAAACE!!! and can be used to make a ranger/magic hybrid set?
Sounds like a completely unrelated topic. There's a suggestion forum for this kind of thing, you know. ;)

Most of this is great! The only things I'd question are the invincible mobs; wouldn't the spinning blades be nearly impossible to avoid at that speed if they were on both sides? And the solar sentries look really nice, but it seems like there should be a way to destroy them.
It would be difficult to dodge the Spinning Blades, but not impossible, especially in wide passageways.

As for the Solar Sentries, you can't destroy Blazing Wheels, so I don't see why. A harder biome with hazards that are easier to dispose of doesn't seem quite right.

Infernocitor.png

In other news, I asked Scarecrow if I could make the Infernocitor a Lihzahrd Mimic drop, so once I get a sprite for the Sun Scepter, I can update.

The sword is OP?
It's slow next to the Terra Blade and also has no outstanding abilities. Terra Blade beats the Snake Breaker in terms of DPS even without the additional beams, the Horseman's Blade summons hordes of pumpkin heads that deal massive extra damage, and the Christmas Tree Sword is extremely UP and invalid for comparison.

Looking at the damage numbers only, I presume? Note that it lacks special effects. It doesn't deliver multiple hits like the Scourge or Flairon.
Hmm... I think that considering the flarion can deal 250+ DPS which in itself is OP the snake breaker should be lowered to about 100 Damage. Also you should add more things to the mimic loot table and that the lizahrd power cell should be in that loot table. Overall though it's a good idea. Much better than any of mine :D

Hmm... I think that considering the flarion can deal 250+ DPS which in itself is OP the snake breaker should be lowered to about 100 Damage.
*ahem*
It's slow next to the Terra Blade and also has no outstanding abilities. Terra Blade beats the Snake Breaker in terms of DPS even without the additional beams, the Horseman's Blade summons hordes of pumpkin heads that deal massive extra damage, and the Christmas Tree Sword is extremely UP and invalid for comparison.
Snake Breaker deals 246 base DPS.
Terra Blade deals 352 DPS even without beams.
Horseman's Blade deals about base 150 damage per hit including its Pumpkin Heads.
The only "Sword" adequate for comparison is the Shroomite Digging Claw, which deals 245 DPS.
Also you should add more things to the mimic loot table and that the lizahrd power cell should be in that loot table.
I'll see if I can think of anything else, but considering Ice Mimics have 3 main drops, it can be left as-is.
Overall though it's a good idea. Much better than any of mine :D
Thanks!

Last edited:
What I don't understand is why Lihzards "glorify" the sun in the temple though they are extremely deep underground with no chance of seeing the sky.
Perhaps they used to live aboveground, but went underground for some reason, and now they miss the sun and want to feel close to it again.

Maybe they had never seen the sun before, came across the Golem at its sun altar, and were compelled to worship the awe and majesty of the power it wielded and built a temple for it to protect their newfound divinity. If you were a primitive civilization that never seen the sun before, and you come across a subterranean manifestation of its glory, you might worship it, too. Real life societies used to worship the sun even though they were well aware of its light and warmth. If you don't even know what "light" and "warmth" are, it would be pretty awe-inspiring to experience, don't you think?

Maybe they had never seen the sun before, came across the Golem at its sun altar, and were compelled to worship the awe and majesty of the power it wielded and built a temple for it to protect their newfound divinity. If you were a primitive civilization that never seen the sun before, and you come across a subterranean manifestation of its glory, you might worship it, too. Real life societies used to worship the sun even though they were well aware of its light and warmth. If you don't even know what "light" and "warmth" are, it would be pretty awe-inspiring to experience, don't you think?
I was thinking the lihzahrds built the golem to protect their holy temple.

I was thinking the lihzahrds built the golem to protect their holy temple.
Then why would they put the Sun Altar in the very deepest part of the temple? :p Think about it. The Lihzahrd Temple indestructible to anything from outside the temple. The Altar is stowed away in the hardest part of the temple to reach. There are spikes and traps strewn about the entire temple making it extremely hard to reach the altar. Given this, it is much more apparent that they are trying to protect the Golem, not have the Golem protect them.

Back
Top Bottom