NPCs & Enemies Lihzahrd Temple Expansion - Hazards, obstacles, improvements, and more!

SzGamer227

Spazmatism
Lihzahrd_Altar.png
Two enemies, a boss, and some traps. I feel like that isn't nearly enough. The goal of this suggestion is to have more sun-themed Lihzahrd Temple content to enhance the playability and excitement of exploring the temple. At the moment, the only up the Lihzahrd has on the Post-Plantera Dungeon is a boss, but other than that, it has far less equipment, enemies, dangers, and just needs more fun content in general.

Picksaw.png
For starters, Lihzahrd Traps are easily exploited for cheesing the Golem. There's an easy way to fix that: Make a Picksaw a requirement for mining up and destroying them (just the Traps, not the pressure plates). This brings up another issue: The Picksaw is entirely to hard too come across for a Pickaxe upgrade. Instead of being part of the standard drop table, it would be a guaranteed drop from Golem on the first kill, and then be a 1/3 drop from successive kills, making the other items easier to come across and reducing Golem grinding in general.

Solar Sentry.png
Next up: The Lihzahrd should have a couple pf unique trap enemies like the Spike Balls and Blazing Wheels that spawn in the pre-Hardmode Dungeon. I've already suggested post-Plantera expansion for the tricky Dungeon buggers, and it felts wrong to leave out the Lihzahrd Temple. These are the two ideas that I came up with. Enjoy the animations.

Solar Sentry.png

Solar Sentry
* Stationary.
* Cannot be touched.
* Spawns on background walls in the Lihzahrd Temple.
* Fires Golem lasers at the player every 3-5 seconds. Deals about 50 damage.
Animation:
Solar Sentry Action.gif

Spinning Blade.png

Spinning Blades
* Cannot be damaged.
* Spawns on Lihzahrd Bricks in the Lihzahrd Temple.
* Rotates, dealing contact damage to unwary players. Deals about 60 damage.
Animation:
Spinning Blade.gif

Placed Lihzahrd Statue.png
Finally, I had an idea for a new enemy to spawn in the Lihzahrd Temple. Lihzahrd Statue Mimics. They would be generated in the same way that Mimics should be, being placed as pseudo-actual-tiles until the player draws near and it becomes an actual enemy. (Check out this link for details.) Living Lihzahrd Statues are stronger than regular Lihzahrds, and are also less common. Instead of going into a second form and charging at the player on all-fours, however, they will instead be destroyed and replaced with Sun Elementals, an upgraded form of Chaos Elementals with the laser-firing ability seen by Eyezores. (Chaos Elementals are cool, and there should be more than one fighter enemy hat can teleport. Also lasers.) These guys spawn after Golem has been defeated at least once.

Living Lihzahrd Statue.png

Living Lihzahrd Statue
Damage: 42
Health: 400
Defense: 30
*Reveals a Sun Elemental when destroyed.

Sun Elemental.png

Sun Elemental
Damage: 56
Health: 250
Defense: 26
*Moves quickly and gives off lots of light.
*Teleports occasionally and fires Golem lasers at the player.
Drops:
Sun_Stone.png
Sun Stone - 1/5 (20%)
The Sun Stone would no longer be dropped by Golem, making it even easier to obtain the other Golem-dropped items.

Lihzahrd_Chest.png
Speaking of Mimic enemies, the Lihzahrd Temple definitely need a Lihzarhd Chest Mimic. Those conspicuous Gold Chests that show up are no fun and look extremely out of place. There was a thread on TO about this, but I don't have the time to find it right now. Lihzahrd Mimics take the place of Gold Mimics that appear on Lihzahrd Bricks. They have a 100% chance to drop a
Lihzahrd_Power_Cell.png
Lihzahrd Power Cell upon death on top of the usual loot.

Scratch that. They could have their own unique selection of weapons in their loot table.

index.php

Snake Breaker
*Melee greatsword weapon.
*Crits more often against heavier armor.
Tooltip: "Forged to slice the heads off of dragons."
Damage: 235
Knockback: 8.5
Use Time: 30 (2 uses/second)
*Bonus +1% critical strike chance for every point of enemy defense (up to a max of +50%).
*A sword to make the Breaker Blade jealous.
Please don't bug me about the damage. It is a slow weapon with no projectiles. I assure you, it's balanced.

Sun Scepter.png
(Thanks Scarecrow!)
Sun Scepter
*Magic weapon.
Tooltip: "Wrought with celestial power."
Damage: 75
Knockback: 7
Use Time: 27 (2.2 uses/second)
*Shoots a Golem Laser and a spread of Solar Flares.
Golem Laser can penetrate 2 enemies. Acts like a Gem Staff projectile.
Shoots 3-5 Solar Flares that deal 50% damage and act like Crystal Storm projectiles.​

index.php

Infernocitor
From a thread by Scarecrow. Read it for context.
*Ranged Flamethrower weapon.
Damage: 40
Knockback: 0.5
Use Time: 29 (standard FT fire rate)
*Uses Fuel Canisters for ammo.

Lastly on the subject of Mimics, Milt69466 has a brilliant suggestion concerning more new types of Mimics outside of simple Chest Mimics, which in part concerns the potential for a Lihzahrd Pot Mimic. I have decided to feature it here to help out Milt's cause:

index.php
index.php

Lihzahrd Pot Mimics
Max life: 350
Damage: 60
Defense: 20
KB resist: 100%
Coins:
Silver_Coin.png
x7
Drops:
100%
Lihzahrd_Power_Cell.png
Lihzahrd power cell x1
0.5%
index.php
Pot Mimic Banner x1

"Lihzahrd pot mimics will not chase after the player and will remain stationary. When in range, these pot mimics awaken and fire a volley of three ricocheting fire balls identical to the ones fired by the Golem but with less damage and cannot be deflected by weapons. The fire balls will always hover above the mimic before traveling towards the player. These mimics spawn in groups of 2-3 inside the Lihzahrd temple and are generally more common than other pot mimic spawns."

That's it for the suggestion. Feedback is appreciated. This was a lot of work in making, but it was a lot of fun!

Last edited:
this + zooooooooooooooooooooomo's temple expantion suggestion = Banana
my only suggestion is to make the Lihzahrd statue mimic spawn after the golem is defeated.

Last edited:
Hmm Nice suggestion Sz quite fitting suggestion. While i've never been screwed over by the golem personally I hear about many peole being very unfortunate. As for the traps I especially like the spinning blade reminds me of castlevania :joy:
this + zooooooooooooooooooooomo's temple expantion suggestion = Banana
my only suggestion is to make the Lihzahrd status mimic spawn after the Golem is defeated.
Did you mean statue? :dryadnaughty: Well on topic I'm not sure that's even needed Its not mandatory for progression. But Its up to Sz whether he wants it to require Golem dead (personally think it would be fine if it was found slightly earlier but...)

Did you mean statue? :dryadnaughty:
FIXED THAT
Well on topic I'm not sure that's even needed Its not mandatory for progression. But Its up to Sz whether he wants it to require Golem dead
> it is not up to SzGamer.
If the developers want the sunstone to be post-golem then the statue mimics should spawn post-golem, but IMO changing when the item is obtained and making it easier yo obtain isn't needed.

> it is not up to SzGamer.
If the developers want the sunstone to be post-golem then the statue mimics should spawn post-golem, but IMO changing when the item is obtained and making it easier yo obtain isn't needed.
True implementing a suggestion is up to the devs (However this is Sz's suggestion so he can propose what he wants) I simply was adding that there wouldn't be too much harm in it being earlier if the change would be harder to enforce. I'm only defending what Sz has suggested here.

All alternate for the Picksaw: instead of the Stynger and Stynger Bolts being always dropped on the first kill, I think the Picksaw should be. But I like your idea for it, too. : ]

Wait-wait-wait-wait. You've referenced several of your other suggestions here, but you still say there's two enemies in the temple? What about the poor little Toahd?!
Anyhoo, this is a definite support from me. Good work!

my only suggestion is to make the Lihzahrd statue mimic spawn after the golem is defeated.
It was meant to be like that from the beginning. :p Thanks for catching that!

They're supposed to be Chaos Elemental + Eyezore in terms of behavior. I don't see why they can't be separate entities...

All alternate for the Picksaw: instead of the Stynger and Stynger Bolts being always dropped on the first kill, I think the Picksaw should be. But I like your idea for it, too. : ]
Stynger isn't dropped on the first kill, though. It's just part of the regular loot table.

Wait-wait-wait-wait. You've referenced several of your other suggestions here, but you still say there's two enemies in the temple? What about the poor little Toahd?!
Touche. I'll fix that.

Yeah, the lizahrd temple is lacking in al that cool post-plantera dungeon content. So in other words, This needs to be in-game.

You get another one of these
hammer_of_approval_by_milt69466-d815i4s.gif

Stynger isn't dropped on the first kill, though. It's just part of the regular loot table.

Whoops. I could've sworn that he/she/it did. Whatever, it doesn't really change what I'm trying to say. It is that way with Plantera and the Grenade Launcher, though. I made sure this time. ;)

I'm working on a new, unique loot table for the Lihzahrd Mimics. I've got a Melee weapon done, but what about Ranged and Magic?

Snake Breaker.png

Snake Breaker
Obviously based on the Spinning Blades, and also something to make the Breaker Blade jealous.

EDIT: Thought of a Magic weapon. Which sounds better, Solar Scepter, Sun Scepter, Solar Staff, or Sun Staff?
If it helps to decide, it shoots lasers.

Last edited:
If you are going of sun-based items, you might want to make a new boss called Quetzalcoatl which would be a giant Flying snake. In Aztec mythology, Quetzalcoatl is the god of the Sun and Knowledge. He would be able to summon flying snakes like servants of Ocram ect.

Back
Top Bottom