NPCs & Enemies Lihzahrd Trappers

To yee or not to yee

• Yee

• Despacitno

• Yee but change _

Results are only viewable after voting.
The Lihzahrd temple is admittedly quite empty when it comes to enemies, and you often have to create multiple worlds to get the traps you want from it. So, I propose a solution for both: Lihzahrd trappers! These mobs spawn relatively commonly, spawning 1/4 as much as lihzhards each. Fallen stars represent placeholder sprites.

Enemies
Fallen_Star.png

Dartzard
AI Type Stands still and aims a super dart trap at the player, firing once every 3 1/3 seconds. Does not damage mobs.
Damage 40/80 (dart) 38/76 (Contact)
Max Life
400 / 800
Defense 20
KB Resist 60% / 64%
Immune to
Banner Lihzahrd Banner
Drops
Coins 6 
Silver_Coin.png
Copper_Coin.png

Fallen_Star.png

Pyrozard
AI Type Uses fighter ai to charge at the player, while shooting jets of flame aimed towards the player every 3 1/3 seconds. Does not damage mobs.
Damage 40/80 (fire) 38/76 (contact)
Max Life 600 / 1200
Defense 20
KB Resist 60% / 64%
Immune to
Banner Lihzahrd Banner

Drops
Coins 6 
Silver_Coin.png
Copper_Coin.png

Fallen_Star.png

Spikezard
AI Type Stands still and aims spiky ball traps at you every 5 seconds. Does not damage mobs.
Damage 40/80 (spiky ball) 38/76 (contact)
Max Life 400 / 800
Defense 20
KB Resist 60% / 64%
Immune to
Banner Lihzahrd Banner
Drops
Coins 6 
Silver_Coin.png
Copper_Coin.png

Fallen_Star.png

Spearzard
AI Type Charges at you using fighter ai, with a prodding spear every 1 1/2 seconds aimed only left or right. Does not damage mobs.
Damage 60/120 (spear) 38/76 (contact)
Max Life 1000 / 2000
Defense 20
KB Resist 60% / 64%
Immune to
Banner Lihzahrd Banner

Drops
Coins 6 
Silver_Coin.png
Copper_Coin.png

Drops
Fallen_Star.png
Portable Dart Trap
Uses Darts for ammo
70 ranged damage (30% chance of inflicting
Poisoned.png
poison for 3 seconds)
5 knockback
4% critical chance
13 use time
9 velocity
Rarity_color_7_big.png
rarity
Gold_Coin.png

Fallen_Star.png
Pyrojet
A jet of fire about 4 blocks long that stays stuck out while attack is held, and can be moved around while held out
85 melee damage
2 knockback
4% critical strike chance
13 use time
Rarity_color_7_big.png
rarity
Gold_Coin.png

Fallen_Star.png
Magical Spiky Ball
An upgrade to the
Spiky Ball; floats
Type Weapon
50 magic damage
8 mana
1 knockback
4% critical strike
14 use time
0 velocity
Rarity_color_7_big.png
rarity
Gold_Coin.png

Fallen_Star.png
Scaled Spear

Summons a Spearzard to fight for you
Spearzards walk around and jab at any enemies to there left or right, making them useful for invasions
45 summon damage
3 knockback
10 mana
27 use time
Rarity_color_7_big.png
rarity
Gold_Coin.png
Silver_Coin_%28old%29.png

Hopefully you all enjoyed reading this. Let me know what you think about this!

Last edited:
I like this idea! The traps are rare, and the temple needs a reason to spend more time in it. Obtaining a large supply of "defense systems" is a pretty good reason.

If we assume the base Lihzhard is melee, perhaps consider a ranged and mage version of Lihzahrd instead? New Lihzahrd variants (like with Zombies) could carry spears with a rare chance of a spear drop. A ranged Lihzahrd could throw darts, spears or spiky balls with corresponding drops. A mage Lihzahrd could summon spiky balls or fire. For spiky balls, a small explosive effect aimed above the player. There is no damage from this effect, but the explosion yields a number of spiky balls that disappear on contact. The flame jet could be summoned from under the player (with an appropriate warning) and the flame jet about 3 tiles wide and 5 tiles tall.

For new drops, I'd suggest making them an upgrade of weapons that already exist:
- Blowpipe -> Blowgun -> Portable Dart Trap (renamed, perhaps like some kind of crossbow)
- Flamethrower -> Elf Melter -> Pyrojet
- Javelin -> Bone Javelin -> Lihzahrd Spear

The Lihzahrd temple is admittedly quite empty when it comes to enemies, and you often have to create multiple worlds to get the traps you want from it. So, I propose a solution for both: Lihzahrd trappers! These mobs spawn relatively commonly, spawning 1/4 as much as lihzhards each. Fallen stars represent placeholder sprites.

Enemies
Fallen_Star.png

Dartzard
AI Type Stands still and aims a super dart trap at the player, firing once every 3 1/3 seconds. Does not damage mobs.
Damage 40/80 (dart) 38/76 (Contact)
Max Life
400 / 800
Defense 20
KB Resist 60% / 64%
Immune to
Banner Lihzahrd Banner
Drops
Coins 6 
Silver_Coin.png
Copper_Coin.png

Fallen_Star.png

Pyrozard
AI Type Uses fighter ai to charge at the player, while shooting jets of flame aimed towards the player every 3 1/3 seconds. Does not damage mobs.
Damage 40/80 (fire) 38/76 (contact)
Max Life 600 / 1200
Defense 20
KB Resist 60% / 64%
Immune to
Banner Lihzahrd Banner

Drops
Coins 6 
Silver_Coin.png
Copper_Coin.png

Fallen_Star.png

Spikezard
AI Type Stands still and aims spiky ball traps at you every 5 seconds. Does not damage mobs.
Damage 40/80 (spiky ball) 38/76 (contact)
Max Life 400 / 800
Defense 20
KB Resist 60% / 64%
Immune to
Banner Lihzahrd Banner
Drops
Coins 6 
Silver_Coin.png
Copper_Coin.png

Fallen_Star.png

Spearzard
AI Type Charges at you using fighter ai, with a prodding spear every 1 1/2 seconds aimed only left or right. Does not damage mobs.
Damage 60/120 (spear) 38/76 (contact)
Max Life 1000 / 2000
Defense 20
KB Resist 60% / 64%
Immune to
Banner Lihzahrd Banner

Drops
Coins 6 
Silver_Coin.png
Copper_Coin.png

Drops
Fallen_Star.png
Portable Dart Trap
Uses Darts for ammo
70 ranged damage (30% chance of inflicting
Poisoned.png
poison for 3 seconds)
5 knockback
4% critical chance
13 use time
9 velocity
Rarity_color_7_big.png
rarity
Gold_Coin.png

Fallen_Star.png
Pyrojet
A jet of fire about 4 blocks long that stays stuck out while attack is held, and can be moved around while held out
85 melee damage
2 knockback
4% critical strike chance
13 use time
Rarity_color_7_big.png
rarity
Gold_Coin.png

Fallen_Star.png
Magical Spiky Ball
An upgrade to the
Spiky Ball; floats
Type Weapon
50 magic damage
8 mana
1 knockback
4% critical strike
14 use time
0 velocity
Rarity_color_7_big.png
rarity
Gold_Coin.png

Fallen_Star.png
Scaled Spear

Summons a Spearzard to fight for you
Spearzards walk around and jab at any enemies to there left or right, making them useful for invasions
45 summon damage
3 knockback
10 mana
27 use time
Rarity_color_7_big.png
rarity
Gold_Coin.png
Silver_Coin_%28old%29.png

Hopefully you all enjoyed reading this. Let me know what you think about this!
Good idea, but, why are all of the sprites just stars? Want me to change that for you, or do you already have sprites in mind???

Rename the Pyrozard to Charizard and I'll press F to pay respects
Anyway, the overall suggestion sounds good, and I suggest the Trapzards act like Mimics in a way (They disguise as the actual traps, much like how the Mimics act that way) and attack when the player gets close enough.

Rename the Pyrozard to Charizard and I'll press F to pay respects
Anyway, the overall suggestion sounds good, and I suggest the Trapzards act like Mimics in a way (They disguise as the actual traps, much like how the Mimics act that way) and attack when the player gets close enough.
Considering the temple is a small area, most traps spawn in groups, and they wouldn't be wired up, I'm not sure of that would work in terms of disguise.

Considering the temple is a small area, most traps spawn in groups, and they wouldn't be wired up, I'm not sure of that would work in terms of disguise.
It wouldn't fool people with Wiring equipment, however unprepared players will be caught off guard.

Back
Top Bottom