Biomes & Nature Liquid Database

SnailsAttack

Dungeon Spirit
Welcome to the liquid database!

Note : This thread is based entirely off of the concept of terraria's game engine system being modified to allow for more than only 4 liquids.

Let's begin.

Screen Shot 2016-12-04 at 3.44.08 PM.png

Divider.png

Here is a simple table I whipped up showing liquids from every suggestion I could find, and the blocks they form upon contact.

This includes Tar from my suggestion for The Marshlands, Aether from @Izzabelle's suggestion for The River, and Quicksilver from @Snickerbobble's suggestion for The Depths.

I made a few guesses for what Tar, Aether, and Quicksilver would each form upon contact. I don't feel that they are very good, as each are pre-existing blocks in the game.
If you have a better suggestion for a pre-existing block, or even a new one, feel free to suggest so.

Thanks for reading!​

Technically, the engine can handle more than 4 liquids. (128 if I remember correctly - I think it was posted to Y0raizor's profile.) It's the performance that suffers with each additional liquid. 4 liquids is the borderline; 5 or more makes the game too laggy to be worth it. Perhaps the performance limitation is what makes people assume the engine can't handle more than 4 liquids.

But don't quote me on that. :)

this is really cool.

edit: if my mushroom suggestion's goo were a seperate liquid and not a honey reskin, i think that it'd go something like this.
water: slime block
lava: [a hard, slippery stone-type]
honey: jell-o [green bouncy stuff]

tar: like thera-putty i guess
aether: something like glass
quicksilver: like talc or something

Last edited:
When quicksilver and lava touch, the quicksilver should vaporize, inflicting a long-lasting Venom-debuff to nearby creatures & players

The current limit, while theoretically 4, is, in actuality 3. I've been developing a mod that extends this limit to 128. This mod is known as LiquidCore and while IO and the physics are mostly finished, there are still a lot more essential components needed to be added, the first being, collision with entities.
Anyways, I just figured I would share this.

The current limit, while theoretically 4, is, in actuality 3. I've been developing a mod that extends this limit to 128. This mod is known as LiquidCore and while IO and the physics are mostly finished, there are still a lot more essential components needed to be added, the first being, collision with entities.
Anyways, I just figured I would share this.
wait really thats awesome DM me when its done

Back
Top Bottom