tModLoader Litho's Armory

When the mod is updated to 1.4, should this mod's whips become summoning weapons or stay melee?

• Summoning

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Melee

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Updated the mod, but the slime colors are still not back. Mod stopped being dependent on the Glow Mask API tho.

Updated the mod, but the slime colors are still not back. Mod stopped being dependent on the Glow Mask API tho.
Yeah, I just now uploaded the fixed version to both Mediafire and the forum thread. What I did on my end fixed the issue, so I wouldn't know why it would still be happening.

Okay, given that the secret item I put in might've been a bit too strong, I refined it a little bit and put it in one LAST update until more bugs are found or I finish the next big content patch. As usual, it's on the forum DL right now.

Okay, given that the secret item I put in might've been a bit too strong, I refined it a little bit and put it in one LAST update until more bugs are found or I finish the next big content patch. As usual, it's on the forum DL right now.

their is still a few weapons i think needs to be toned down...some weapons have infinite piercing which is pretty overpowered especially when their prehard mode weapons.

Aren't you talking about the Scorch Shot?

Aren't you talking about the Scorch Shot?
No, there's an entirely new one that I included in a recent update.
Sumenora, if you have a specific list I'd like to see it. Some prehardmode weapons did have infinite piercing in vanilla, though- the Aqua Scepter being one example.
To be honest, lots of classes had infinite piercing options- like with flails, spears, spiky balls, grenades, melee summons- that would allow you to hit huge crowds of enemies. The main change here is that I've added such options to ranged weapons.
I do think some of them will need tweaking, though.

No, there's an entirely new one that I included in a recent update.
Sumenora, if you have a specific list I'd like to see it. Some prehardmode weapons did have infinite piercing in vanilla, though- the Aqua Scepter being one example.
To be honest, lots of classes had infinite piercing options- like with flails, spears, spiky balls, grenades, melee summons- that would allow you to hit huge crowds of enemies. The main change here is that I've added such options to ranged weapons.
I do think some of them will need tweaking, though.

that maybe true however most of those weapons were much slower in vanilla from what i seen. Aqua Scepter had unlimited but it had a slow projectile

that maybe true however most of those weapons were much slower in vanilla from what i seen. so thou some vanilla weapons had piercing they were also much slower then other weapons
I don't really know what you're talking about specifically. It's true that most infinite piercing options are slow prehardmode, but then there's stuff like the Jester Arrows.
Looking through the weapon projectiles now to see if something strikes me as particularly problematic.

I don't really know what you're talking about specifically. It's true that most infinite piercing options are slow prehardmode, but then there's stuff like the Jester Arrows.
Looking through the weapon projectiles now to see if something strikes me as particularly problematic.
jester arrows has limited range and vanish after a short distance...however the bullet variant of jester arrows goes through everything without stopping so it basically becomes the better choice compared to Meteor shot.

jester arrows has limited range and vanish after a short distance...however the bullet variant of jester arrows goes through everything without stopping so it basically becomes the better choice compared to Meteor shot.
Uh, that's not true. Starshots have limited range as well, it's just less limited than Jester Arrows.
I may reduce Starshots' damage, though.
Edit- Nah, Starshots only have 1 point of damage over Musket Balls. I'll analyze their range and give it a reduction so it's in line with Jester Arrows instead. Also, update- the mod seems to be failing to upload to the browser, so I'll just update the forum download for now and wait until later to try the browser again.
Edit 2- To clarify, I'm not dismissing your claims, Sumenora! I think I will go through and analyze the piercing capabilities of my weapons more carefully and make a further balance update once I'm satisfied. I really appreciate the criticism and balance issues you bring up.
I'm still unsure about my slow-firing, high-damage weapons even after the update nerfed most of them. If they seem too strong still, do some testing of your own and let me know how you might change them.

Last edited:
hey its what i do...i look at every weapon and how they work especially on my mod in the development of Shadows of Abbadon so i know a thing or 2 ...ill have to weapon sweep everything in a bit when i get the chance

hey its what i do...i look at every weapon and how they work especially on my mod in the development of Shadows of Abbadon so i know a thing or 2 ...ill have to weapon sweep everything in a bit when i get the chance
What's your opinion on the Flying Knife-style Magic Missile weapons that constantly consume mana? They technically have infinite piercing, but the mana cost should hopefully balance this.
Edit: These are the balance tweaks I have laid out at the moment.

Reduced piercing on Sanguine's laser to 2.
Spore Spewer's gas clouds have limited piercing- 8 for larger ones, 7 for medium and 6 for tiny.
Starshots and Stardarts have had their range reduced. Also, Starshots now have the sparkle explosion particle
effect that Jester Arrows do- but reduced to fit the small bullets.
Spores shot from the Spores spellbook lose velocity slightly more quickly, and its use time was nerfed to 16, from 10.
Mana cost also increased to 10, from 8.

well if they are basically swaying left and right up and down just like the vanilla flying knife that is melee then it seems just fine to me. Not all piercing infinitely is OP as long as it has a limited range.

well if they are basically swaying left and right up and down just like the vanilla flying knife that is melee then it seems just fine to me.
Is there any specific weapon that wasn't part of the changes I listed here? I think I'm just about satisfied with this change, but if there's a problem with any specific items I missed, let me know before I send it!
I don't want to just keep uploading tiny updates...

Is there any specific weapon that wasn't part of the changes I listed here? I think I'm just about satisfied with this change, but if there's a problem with any specific items I missed, let me know before I send it!
I don't want to just keep uploading tiny updates...

actually their is something that kinda bothered me but it wasent a balance issue persay are you familiar with "The Gastropod" yoyo i noticed it dropped 100% of the time when the monster is killed. so you might wanna check on it.

actually their is something that kinda bothered me but it wasent a balance issue persay are you familiar with "The Gastropod" yoyo i noticed it dropped 100% of the time when the monster is killed. so you might wanna check on it.
Well, it's currently a 40% drop in normal and 80% in expert. Should I reduce it to say, 12%-24%?

Well, it's currently a 40% drop in normal and 80% in expert. Should I reduce it to say, 12%-24%?

that sounds a bit more reasonable and also comparing the Phantasm and the Vortex Shotbow i think the Shot bow should be 26 Speed instead of 13 since it shoot 5 arrows at once so it has a identity from the phantasm.

that sounds a bit more reasonable and also comparing the Phantasm and the Vortex Shotbow i think the Shot bow should be 26 Speed instead of 13 since it shoot 5 arrows at once so it has a identity from the phantasm.
Huh, that's true. I think it'd be better if it was different, yeah. I'll halve its speed and give it a bit of a damage boost!

Back
Top Bottom