tModLoader Litho's Armory

When the mod is updated to 1.4, should this mod's whips become summoning weapons or stay melee?

• Summoning

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Melee

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sorry for raining on your parade, but I have a few suggestions that I'd like to see in a future update.

Sea Shooter - Resembles the real-life SPP-1 with a dark gray and light blue skin - A ranged weapon similar to the Handgun that can be found occasionally in Gold Crates. It has slightly decreased use time and velocity than the Handgun, but has slightly higher knockback than it. When the player is in any liquid such as water, its velocity quadruples, allowing for bullets to virtually travel uninhibited while they are submerged - Green rarity

Yoyos for the main six Hardmode Ores - all with Light Red rarity - these have unique names like the Malaise and Artery yoyos and made with 12 of their respective ore's bars
Discipline - Cobalt
Phalanx - Palladium
Strider - Mythril
Aegean - Orichalcum
Olympus - Adamantite
Rutile - Titanium

While I would love to see these seven weapons make it into the mod, I still suggest you take your time with the next update, hopefully what I've suggested will be implemented in the near future.

The update is progressing, so I thought I'd post a little preview of one of the more absurd new items.

Archer's Glove

ArchersGlove.png

May drop from Archer Skeletons
Throws a limitless supply of... bows?!
The bows somehow fire arrows as they fly
'How?'

Capture 2019-09-13 00_04_21.png

At last! At long, long last! The gate to the Ragnarok has opened! The event one billion years prophesized has come to pass!
Welcome, one and all, to
Wrath of Odin!

This update includes a boatload of features, including glowmasks, motion blur, fixes, throwing weapons, and Thorium Mod compatibility!
iconforum.png

The mod is live on the thread download, and the Mod Browser.
Also- I have a Patreon now.

Last edited:
my love has returned <3

ill be sure to check for any bugs.
Given the size of the update, there's bound to be bugs, but hopefully not too many.
It's not been tested in multiplayer, but the previous issues with that have not, as far as I'm aware, been accidentally reintroduced.
My main concern is balance issues. I'm looking for input on the new weapons! Tried to make them balanced relative to others, but there's always going to be an outlier.
Of note, a certain finger gun is probably OP, but it was very hard to balance as it is. Its namesake is even more OP, so it's probably fine if it's slightly too good... you can always not use it.

Before I forget, here's the patch notes file that I maintained while developing the update.
THE WRATH OF ODIN UPDATE

-Features-
Thorium compatibility! No Bard or Radiant weapons, but a number of new items
rely on the Thorium mod to function, including many new Thrower items(which do not use fatigue).
There's now also an optional feature to add new sound effects to many Thorium items(mostly ranged ones).
At least one new drop for EVERY THORIUM BOSS... except Ragnarok.

Thorium-dependant White Dwarf weapons to fit with my other lunar weaponry, with their own unique
debuff!

New glowmasks, courtesy of code from WeaponOut(which is an open-source mod).

Throwing weapons! Not only do these include many items similar to vanilla and Thorium thrower
weapons, but also two new types of ammo-using throwing weapon.

Slings! These weapons use Sling Bullets as ammo, of which there are many new types.

Kestros! These are similar to slings, but larger, heavier, and they use ARROWS! Although arrows
don't benefit themselves from throwing damage, Kestros do convert them into thrown projectiles,
allowing them to benefit from Thrower effects.

Throwing variants for many melee weapons added by my mod!

New Nebula and Solar weapons to even things out with Vortex!

Legendary weapons that scale as you defeat bosses for every class covered by my mod- including
Thrower. Three of them depend on Thorium, however.

Motion Blur for certain projectiles!

Added a new config option(on by default) that buffs Jungle Creepers to make them very dangerous, and worthy of being in Hardmode.
This option will also give them a new drop used to make a full set of Thrower armor, and 3 new non-consumable thrown weapons!
-Old-
HP : 120
DEF: 14
DMG: 50
KB Res: 75% (78% expert)
Inflicts: Nothing
Drops: Nothing

-New-
HP : 400 (800 expert)
DEF: 40
DMG: 90(100 on walls, 180/200 expert)
KB Res: 100%
Inflicts: Badly Poisoned
Drops: Jungle Fang

Debuff: Badly Poisoned
The pain worsens over time
'06 on an 05-point toxicity scale'

-Changes-

-Drops-
Item drops now use vanilla treasure bags.
The code is also more readable now!

Mothron now has a 25%(30.94% expert) chance to drop a Broken Hero item per class pack(50/50 each), rather than dropping one totally
random item for that chance
Plantera/Queen Bee drops now also always occur- and the exact item is chosen randomly.
For Demons and Skeleton Archers, each individual drop now has its own chance to drop.
In Expert Mode, the Moon Lord now always drops an Ultimate Weapon. Otherwise, it's now a 50% chance to drop one, like Expert Mode before.

--
A certain someone's quote re-added to the Beezooka. I jumped the gun.

Solar weapons have received some sprite changes, increasing the contrast and 'glowiness' to be more in line with vanilla solar weapons.

Movement-slowing debuffs can no longer affect any bosses.

Spore Arrows and Mycelium Arrows no longer spawn spore clouds(too much lag). Instead, they are more boring arrows with better basics.

Universal changes to all lifestealing weapons.
Now all of them no longer steal life when afflicted by Moon Bite, and cannot steal life from enemies with less than 5 HP, or target dummies.
Some have had their lifesteal only occur at a chance rather than every hit as well.
True Bloodshard nerfed heavily.

The Condiment Cannon, REX, and the Antimatter Pulser have received a total overhaul!

The Frostfire Falchion and Hotfrost Polearm have been resprited, and the Freezeflame Beamer now fires alternating beams of fire and ice,
rather than one mixed beam with a weird sprite.

Lasers fired by the Space Rifle and Freezeflame Beamer slowed down. Additionally, the two have been rebalanced to have increasing fire
rate versus the Laser Rifle. They retain their accuracy and zoom ability.

Sagitarrius A has been totally resprited, renamed to Sagitarrius A*, and the projectile's behavior tweaked.
Its new appearance is based on the first real photo of a black hole- the hot colors are even taken directly from it!
The black hole now deals damage and flies faster- to make it an active weapon,
but the weapon's damage was reduced to 100(bursts still deal the same base damage).
As well, switching off of the weapon will make them disappear.
The gamma ray bursts have had their visual overhauled, and they now do not home- instead simply travelling quickly.
They now also inflict Intense Wildfire to suit their new orange color, and no longer inflict the white flames debuff
shared by the Disaster Blaster.

Added a Daedalus Stormbow nerf. It's optional in the config file, and can be disabled separately.

Added a Terra Blade buff to 110 damage, instead of 95. It's optional in the config file, and can be disabled separately.

Slightly nerfed The Mantle to 100 damage, instead of 110.

Super Shotgun overhaul! It's now faster, has a new sound and a fancier sprite. Dark red mahogany stock!

Nerfed the lifesteal of T3 and T4 Ruby gemstone lasers.

New sound effects! The new Family Business sound effect in TF2 has a role- but Enter the Gungeon
sounds have also replaced a lot of older sounds that I thought were lacking.
There's a tiny bit of Nuclear Throne that snuck in there, too.

Renamed the Sanguine and True Sanguine to the Bloodshot and True Bloodshot.
Renamed Mjolnir to M.J.O.L.N.I.R. (Megajoule-Operated Lightning Negative-Ion Rifle)

-Fixes-
Fixed Nebula Dissolution and Drillbroken so they actually reduce NPC defense.

Fixes for explosive projectiles- no longer do they spawn their own new "explosion" projectiles, but instead work
like vanilla explosives do- and thus, work with piercing projectiles!
For projectiles that spawn new explosions but continue on, these still spawn their own projectiles, but to maintain
compatibility with Piercing Projectile Fix, now are balanced around hitting the struck enemy a second time.
Because of this, the Terra Rod, True Rainbow Rod, and Staff of Shadowblasts have all received major damage nerfs.

Fixed the Chlorophyte Shotbow's damage being lower than intended.

The 'Chicago Typewriter' is OP. 154 damage, insanely fast speed, and doesn't consume bullets? Really? That should be post moon lord! (SDMG does 88 damage!) And it's just available from a traveling merchant in prehardmode...

The 'Chicago Typewriter' is OP. 154 damage, insanely fast speed, and doesn't consume bullets? Really? That should be post moon lord! (SDMG does 88 damage!) And it's just available from a traveling merchant in prehardmode...
Oops. Seems like an unintended failed spot check. It was actually supposed to be a post-Moon Lord weapon, but didn't realise it could be gotten this early...

Probably the best 1 plat you spent though, can't blame you for getting lucky.

WHAT? Oh, geez. I could have sworn I changed that.
I had a small patch in the works, I'll fix that real quick and update it.

The update is live on the Browser, and the forum download. Sorry for that! That was supposed to be the Fencer's Rapier, not the Chicago Typewriter...
-Features-
Added new Thorium sound replacements for magic weapons. Too many of them used the gem staff sound...
Separated the config option NewThoriumSounds into NewThoriumSoundsMagic and NewThoriumSoundsRanged.

-Changes-
Some weapons had over-the-top knockback that I overlooked, and have been toned down.

Buffed the Iris Wand's damage, heavily nerfed its knockback.
Heavily nerfed the knockback of Micrometeors. Reduced mana cost to 2(from 3).
Nerfed Wand of Comets damage to 36(was 40).

-Nuclear Wasteland Weapons-
Nerfed the damage of the Laser Pistol to 13(from 15). Increased mana cost to 5(from 3).
Nerfed the damage of the Laser Rifle to 13(from 15). Increased mana cost to 5(from 3).

Reduced mana cost of the Plasma Pistol to 7(from 8).
Nerfed the damage of the Plasma Gun to 26(from 30). Reduced mana cost to 7(from 8).
Nerfed the damage of the Plasma Rifle to 28(from 30). Reduced mana cost to 7(from 8).

-Fixes-
Fixed the Chicago Typewriter appearing in the Traveling Merchant's inventory post-EOC instead of the
Fencer's Rapier.

I've been in love with this mod ever since I found out about it recently, great work with all those fun weapons. (Although I have only checked the magic ones due to my current run) Looks like I have quite a few more collectionist runs to do.
Anyway, something caught my attention: for the Nuclear Throne weapons, the Scrapyard upgrade requires the Scrapyard core and souls of bright, meaning they're post-Plantera. And then the Frozen City core needs Ectoplasm, meaning you can immediately go to the following tier. Is that intentional or an oversight from your part?

I've been in love with this mod ever since I found out about it recently, great work with all those fun weapons. (Although I have only checked the magic ones due to my current run) Looks like I have quite a few more collectionist runs to do.
Anyway, something caught my attention: for the Nuclear Throne weapons, the Scrapyard upgrade requires the Scrapyard core and souls of bright, meaning they're post-Plantera. And then the Frozen City core needs Ectoplasm, meaning you can immediately go to the following tier. Is that intentional or an oversight from your part?
I've always done the Lihzahrd temple and other post-Plantera events before doing the Dungeon, but they are pretty close together.
In a future update, I might space them out some more. At the moment, there's another small patch coming to fix a drop not working properly.
Edit: Oh, I completely forgot to say thank you! I really appreciate the kind words.

Tiny patch fixes one issue. Live on the forum and the browser!
-Fixes-
Fixed Thorium Mod Octopi not dropping the Wand of the Tentacle.

Just as a little teaser, I'm considering making a (MUCH SMALLER) update with compatibility for another mod I've got some ideas for...
It depends, since I haven't played through it yet and don't know how it all works, but if the ideas work out, it'd be a good idea to have a hazmat suit ready...

Just as a little teaser, I'm considering making a (MUCH SMALLER) update with compatibility for another mod I've got some ideas for...
It depends, since I haven't played through it yet and don't know how it all works, but if the ideas work out, it'd be a good idea to have a hazmat suit ready...

i already have a idea on which mod your looking at. ;3

Another hotfix, resolving some issues and rebalancing Spores.
V2.0.0.3 did get uploaded, but I thought I had resolved the Starsteel lightning issue when I had not. It's live on the browser and forum download.
-Changes-
>Spores(weapon)
Mana cost: 5(from 10)
Use time: 11(from 16)
Projectiles: 2(from 3)
Velocity: 6.5(from 4)
Spread: 15 deg(from 22 deg)

Removed dusts from all three types of gas cloud projectile(Spores, Venom and Shroomite), and replaced it with light generation where absent.

-Fixes-
Fixed Starsteel Hamaxe's axe power being 5 times what it should be

Fixed Starsteel arcing lightning freezing midair if it hits an enemy but can't find a target

Hotfix!
-Fixes-
Fixed the Triple Laser Rifle being crafted with Plasma Power Cores instead of Laser Power Cores

Back
Top Bottom