tModLoader Litho's Armory

When the mod is updated to 1.4, should this mod's whips become summoning weapons or stay melee?

• Summoning

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Melee

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
BuggedArmor.png
The glow effect patch provided by this mod may have something to do with how weird the Forbidden Armor set bonus is being handled. This picture shows what it looks like at the moment. How is this glow effect being copypasted all the way down to the bottom of the screen like that? It's kind of bothersome and probably needs to be fixed.

View attachment 232691
The glow effect patch provided by this mod may have something to do with how weird the Forbidden Armor set bonus is being handled. This picture shows what it looks like at the moment. How is this glow effect being copypasted all the way down to the bottom of the screen like that? It's kind of bothersome and probably needs to be fixed.
I'm not sure... I don't think the glow should be affecting armor at all, it's not supposed to trigger on anything except items.
At the moment, I'm in the middle of a sinus infection though, so I won't really be able to update the mod for a bit.

I'm not sure... I don't think the glow should be affecting armor at all, it's not supposed to trigger on anything except items.
At the moment, I'm in the middle of a sinus infection though, so I won't really be able to update the mod for a bit.
Found out it got fixed by updating tModLoader. Thanks anyways, I'll be waiting for the next update in the meanwhile.

Just noticed something, no idea if it's intended but I thought I might as well report it.
Some of the Redemption compatibility weapons require a Xenium Smelter to craft, but at least as of the latest version of the mod, you can't get that crafting station until after Moon Lord since it's locked behind the dark goop in the lab. Judging by their rarity levels I'd assume you should be able to make them as soon as you get access to the lab itself, so maybe they should be changed to require the Xenium Refinery instead?

Just noticed something, no idea if it's intended but I thought I might as well report it.
Some of the Redemption compatibility weapons require a Xenium Smelter to craft, but at least as of the latest version of the mod, you can't get that crafting station until after Moon Lord since it's locked behind the dark goop in the lab. Judging by their rarity levels I'd assume you should be able to make them as soon as you get access to the lab itself, so maybe they should be changed to require the Xenium Refinery instead?
Are you certain the Xenium Refinery is accessible on the first visit? I don't remember that being the case, but I could be wrong.
It's kind of hard for me to check at the moment.

Are you certain the Xenium Refinery is accessible on the first visit? I don't remember that being the case, but I could be wrong.
It's kind of hard for me to check at the moment.
Yeah its blocked off.
Capture 2020-01-11 18_00_28.png

On the other hand the Hax Staff has the same recipe as the Blood Bagel Staff.
And is there a reason for the other variants of Rocket Alphas ? (Beta, Gamma, Delta) ? They aren't converted by usual Rocket Alpha-Accepting Weapons and for some reason Arms Dealer sells Rocket I's Pre-HM I don't know if its this mod or something else.

Yeah its blocked off.

On the other hand the Hax Staff has the same recipe as the Blood Bagel Staff.
And is there a reason for the other variants of Rocket Alphas ? (Beta, Gamma, Delta) ? They aren't converted by usual Rocket Alpha-Accepting Weapons and for some reason Arms Dealer sells Rocket I's Pre-HM I don't know if its this mod or something else.
For the next version, I've removed the crafting recipe for the Hax Staff. It's supposed to be purchased from the Mechanic like the other computer-themed weapons. And, next version will change the crafting station for the post-mechboss Abandoned Lab weapons.
Making new types of rocket is weird, since rockets are pretty hardcoded- the new early game rockets have weird interactions with some other mods, nothing I can do about that short of removing them entirely.
My mod doesn't add Rocket Is to any NPC shop, so that's a different mod doing that.

The new version will be uploaded shortly.

Removed crafting recipe for Hax Staff. Item still obtainable normally.
Changed the crafting station for all post-mechboss Abandoned Lab Mod of Redemption weapons to the Xenium Refinery.
The update is live on the forum download, and the browser.

Last edited:
I can count this among one of my favorite Terraria mods out there and I've used plenty of them at one point or another. There's just so many weapons for most of the classes at nearly any point in progression. I'm also liking how certain mods have new weapons added to their boss drops. I get the feeling of everything coming together and not feeling out of place with one another. I see you even started on armor, with the Starsteel set. I like when sets have multiple class options to make the whole thing feel more united with armor and weapons. If you can pull off more armors like this, that's just all the better. I like the extra Night and Terra weapons quite a bit too. I wonder if there will be more of them like whips and dart weapons. I'm still discovering new weapons in my different class playthroughs.

I do have mixed feelings about the slings and kestros. You're technically using them to throw stuff, so it fits throwing, but they also use ammo, which doesn't help criticisms of ranged and throwing being too similar. I haven't seen any that had auto swing as well. Most of the slings transform stone sling bullets into something else, so I hardly used the other sling bullets. I think the ammo and weapons have unique effects from each other.

With that said, I can hardly wait to see your take on summon weapons. I think there is two or so included already. I know summoner weapons tend to be the hardest ones to create and many modded ones do use the vanilla code for them. I look forward to the wiki being updated too since there is enough context in this mod that it can be difficult to keep up with it all, especially boss drops.

I can count this among one of my favorite Terraria mods out there and I've used plenty of them at one point or another. There's just so many weapons for most of the classes at nearly any point in progression. I'm also liking how certain mods have new weapons added to their boss drops. I get the feeling of everything coming together and not feeling out of place with one another. I see you even started on armor, with the Starsteel set. I like when sets have multiple class options to make the whole thing feel more united with armor and weapons. If you can pull off more armors like this, that's just all the better. I like the extra Night and Terra weapons quite a bit too. I wonder if there will be more of them like whips and dart weapons. I'm still discovering new weapons in my different class playthroughs.

I do have mixed feelings about the slings and kestros. You're technically using them to throw stuff, so it fits throwing, but they also use ammo, which doesn't help criticisms of ranged and throwing being too similar. I haven't seen any that had auto swing as well. Most of the slings transform stone sling bullets into something else, so I hardly used the other sling bullets. I think the ammo and weapons have unique effects from each other.

With that said, I can hardly wait to see your take on summon weapons. I think there is two or so included already. I know summoner weapons tend to be the hardest ones to create and many modded ones do use the vanilla code for them. I look forward to the wiki being updated too since there is enough context in this mod that it can be difficult to keep up with it all, especially boss drops.
Thank you for the kind words!
I think I did get carried away with the replacement mechanics with slings and kestros, though. I'll probably change some of their special abilities in a future update.
As for them being similar to ranged- yeah, that's absolutely true. But many weapons are already pretty similar, so I see slings and kestros as a sort of 'crossover' weapon type- ranged functionality, throwing damage. Think of them like the thrower's equivalent to magic guns!

Litho's Armory is an essential mod for me, but I was playing and my game crashed, so I reloaded, and it kept encountering an error with this mod, I deleted it to reinstall but upon doing so the mod was gone, any advice on help?

Litho's Armory is an essential mod for me, but I was playing and my game crashed, so I reloaded, and it kept encountering an error with this mod, I deleted it to reinstall but upon doing so the mod was gone, any advice on help?
Without any error logs, I can't really help, but I'm not sure I'm good enough to fix such a problem in the first place. It could be a compatibility issue.

I've been trying to load into a dedicated server, but the mod seems to be giving me some issues. Everyone else has been loading in okay, but something is going wrong for me. If you like, I can share the list of mods. I was just hoping to play a bit and I've hit a bit of a barrier as I cannot play on the server without Lithos but it won't load properly.
1579944180824.png

I've been trying to load into a dedicated server, but the mod seems to be giving me some issues. Everyone else has been loading in okay, but something is going wrong for me. If you like, I can share the list of mods. I was just hoping to play a bit and I've hit a bit of a barrier as I cannot play on the server without Lithos but it won't load properly.
View attachment 234213
I still don't understand the cross-mod compatibility issues... That weapon is meant to work with Redemption, but the code I've written should not be capable of executing and trying to find items that don't exist unless the mod required has been loaded...
After a while of trying to figure this out, I still don't know how to solve it. Since I'm pretty burned out on working on the mod, this will have to wait until later, since apparently nothing I've tried so far has worked.

I thought about making a full playthrough at some point using only weapons from this mod, which would be multi-class. I could better go into weapons I feel are too weak or too powerful for the point in the game you get them at. From the Pumpkin Moon, there's the Attack 'O Lantern and Soul Blaster that have very high DPS compared to any other weapon you can get from that event. The Attack 'O Lantern can be a bit tricky to use, but the Soul Blaster is easy to use for how insanely powerful it is. With it, you're pretty much set till at least post Moon Lord.

how do i get aqua embers. i dont know what drops them or where to find them?
Aqua Embers drop just like souls do in the Hallow and evil biomes- any enemy at all, modded, vanilla, dungeon or not, drops Aqua Embers while they're in the Dungeon.

Motivation is still very low to work on the mod. Family's going to be moving cross-country in a few weeks, so it may be best to save updating the mod for after we get situated.
I think I'll be rebalancing at least a few weapons, and maybe figure out how to fix some stuff.

Back
Top Bottom