tModLoader Litho's Armory

When the mod is updated to 1.4, should this mod's whips become summoning weapons or stay melee?

• Summoning

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Melee

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think, it would be cool if Photon blades were abke to reflect projectiles like lasers, etc. To balance it, maybe only very narrow projectiles could be reflectable. Can you implement that? I think, it would be a nice addition.
A nice addition to my collection, if you understand, what I mean.

I think, it would be cool if Photon blades were abke to reflect projectiles like lasers, etc. To balance it, maybe only very narrow projectiles could be reflectable. Can you implement that? I think, it would be a nice addition.
A nice addition to my collection, if you understand, what I mean.
I think that might be possible, but it'd likely be overpowered.

This mod disables both Thorium and Ancients Awoken on load, apparently due to vanilla sounds. It also disables itself constantly.
lothis standalone crash.PNG

It rarely doesnt happen for no visible reason, though.
lithos aa crash.PNG
THORIUM LITHOS CRASH.PNG

I can't change the config to disable sounds because the mod is utterly impossible to load

Last edited:
This mod disables both Thorium and Ancients Awoken on load, apparently due to vanilla sounds. It also disables itself constantly.View attachment 267726

It rarely doesnt happen for no visible reason, though.View attachment 267727View attachment 267729

I can't change the config to disable sounds because the mod is utterly impossible to load
That's something different, then. It looks like this mod compatibility issue is still happening- but as I said above, I now use the officially recommended method by the TModloader tutorial itself, so I don't know how much can be my fault anymore.
As well, my mod has absolutely no interaction with Ancients Awakened(at the moment), so it seems like that one is an unrelated error.
I can't read this language, but it seems to be another "object reference not set to instance of an object" error.

The code literally checks if the required mod is loaded or not, and if it is, it references the mod's object. The only way this could happen is if some mod is for some reason ignoring that check and going in anyway- and if Thorium is loaded, I don't know how it would have this issue.

Have you tried disabling all mods EXCEPT Thorium and Litho's Armory? I know it's obnoxious, but try sequentially enabling mods until the error returns.
It could be that your game is running low on memory and improperly loading some mods, which would create a scenario where Thorium IS loaded, but not all of its content is.

I always restart Terraria after changing enabled mods- otherwise, reloading them more than once causes weird errors and often a crash to desktop from running out of memory.

Edit: The Aether Blaster error appears to be missing the useSound, since that's what line 37 is. This error is, as far as I can tell, only possible to encounter if it doesn't load completely.
I don't think that's something I can control at all, or fix- since in this case, part of my code is just not being run at all. I can't fix code not running by using code which, itself, may fail to run.

Last edited:
That's something different, then. It looks like this mod compatibility issue is still happening- but as I said above, I now use the officially recommended method by the TModloader tutorial itself, so I don't know how much can be my fault anymore.
As well, my mod has absolutely no interaction with Ancients Awakened(at the moment), so it seems like that one is an unrelated error.
I can't read this language, but it seems to be another "object reference not set to instance of an object" error.

The code literally checks if the required mod is loaded or not, and if it is, it references the mod's object. The only way this could happen is if some mod is for some reason ignoring that check and going in anyway- and if Thorium is loaded, I don't know how it would have this issue.

Have you tried disabling all mods EXCEPT Thorium and Litho's Armory? I know it's obnoxious, but try sequentially enabling mods until the error returns.
It could be that your game is running low on memory and improperly loading some mods, which would create a scenario where Thorium IS loaded, but not all of its content is.

I always restart Terraria after changing enabled mods- otherwise, reloading them more than once causes weird errors and often a crash to desktop from running out of memory.

Edit: The Aether Blaster error appears to be missing the useSound, since that's what line 37 is. This error is, as far as I can tell, only possible to encounter if it doesn't load completely.
I don't think that's something I can control at all, or fix- since in this case, part of my code is just not being run at all. I can't fix code not running by using code which, itself, may fail to run.

I did try to load this mod with only Thorium, as well as with only AA, with both, and by itself, and the errors always stay. I've also re-downloaded the mod from the browser several times, as well as downloaded it from this page, but it doesnt change. I also always restarted Terraria after enabling or disabling mods, but the errors still happened.

Is there a way to disable some parts of the config without loading the mod? The errors for both Thorium and AA mention sounds, so I'm assuming disabling it in the config would help. However, I can't load the mod so the config isn't accessible to me.

I did try to load this mod with only Thorium, as well as with only AA, with both, and by itself, and the errors always stay. I've also re-downloaded the mod from the browser several times, as well as downloaded it from this page, but it doesnt change.
Well, I have no idea then. I can't exactly recreate the error myself. It works fine by itself on my end.
What's your operating system? Do you use TModloader 64-bit or not? These questions won't help me fix it, but they may at least offer an explanation.

Well, I have no idea then. I can't exactly recreate the error myself. It works fine by itself on my end.
What's your operating system? Do you use TModloader 64-bit or not? These questions won't help me fix it, but they may at least offer an explanation.
I use TModloader 32-bit, on Windows 10. For some reason this set of errors didnt happen until a few days ago, and none of the mods involved had an update at that time.

I use TModloader 32-bit, on Windows 10. For some reason this set of errors didnt happen until a few days ago, and none of the mods involved had an update at that time.
That's... kind of a really important detail.
I don't want to dismiss your problems, or upset you... but I don't think this has anything to do with my mod's code(the only part of it I can fix).
Sorry. I'd really like to help- but that tells me this is some sort of issue on your end. Maybe TModloader configs got messed up? Maybe your Terraria just hates you(or me?)? Maybe the planetary alignment has cursed your game... but I don't think I can help.

That's... kind of a really important detail.
I don't want to dismiss your problems, or upset you... but I don't think this has anything to do with my mod's code(the only part of it I can fix).
Sorry. I'd really like to help- but that tells me this is some sort of issue on your end. Maybe TModloader configs got messed up? Maybe your Terraria just hates you(or me?)? Maybe the planetary alignment has cursed your game... but I don't think I can help.
I understand, but I'd like to know if it's possible to modify the config without having to load the mod.

I understand, but I'd like to know if it's possible to modify the config without having to load the mod.
It USED TO BE, but after TModloader made that update that added ingame configs, it seems impossible to make an auto-generated .cfg file- I was kind of forced to switch to the method that requires you to be able to load the mod, if I recall correctly.
TModloader still generates a modifiable file, but only after you change settings from the default- at which point ONLY those changes are recorded to the file.

Turns out not having an audio output plugged into my computer (headphones, speaker, etc) broke the mod...
I don't even know why that's a thing.

Turns out not having an audio output plugged into my computer (headphones, speaker, etc) broke the mod...
...Oh. Huh. That's... interesting.
Sounds like an issue with Terraria or TMod's audio system. You might want to report that to the TModloader developers.

Small update, fixing the Xenomite Crystal drops(since it was replaced with a new boss) and adding in a few new very early game magic weapons!
The weapons are Cantrips- based on the classic tabletop RPG spell type. Their biggest requirement is the Wand of Sparking, but the other ingredients are very easy to get.
Cantrips cost no mana, and are rather weak- but scale with your progression, becoming more powerful over time. At all stages, they're intended to be weaker than other magic weapons you get, serving more as fallback or support weapons than primary damage dealers- they do have their uses, though, and are quite useful when you're just starting out.
Live on the browser and the forum download.

-Additions-
>Cantrip: Fire Bolt
Crafted with 5 Fallen Stars or 10 Star Pieces, 1 Wand of Sparking, and 10 Torches
Cantrips cost no mana and become stronger as you kill bosses
Shoots a small orb of fire which ignites foes
In Hardmode, projectile speed is doubled
Damage over time vs. NPCs improves with boss kills.

>Cantrip: Ray of Frost
Crafted with 5 Fallen Stars or 10 Star Pieces, 1 Wand of Sparking, and 10 Ice Blocks
Shoots a frigid beam of white light, which can slow foes
In Hardmode, also has a chance to freeze foes
Neither effect works on bosses

>Cantrip: Jolt
Crafted with 5 Fallen Stars or 10 Star Pieces, 1 Wand of Sparking, and 10 Clouds
Shoots a beam of electricity, which may stun foes briefly and chain to nearby foes
In Hardmode, stun duration and chain range are increased
Ignores defense and deals 50% more damage versus enemies submerged in water

>Cantrip: Acid Splash
Crafted with 5 Fallen Stars or 10 Star Pieces, 1 Wand of Sparking, and 10 Gel
Shoots a ball of acid which bursts in an area, increasing taken damage by 35% and causing damage over time
In Hardmode, splash radius and projectile speed are doubled
Damage over time vs. NPCs improves with boss kills

-Changes-
Icy Wand can no longer freeze players in PVP, only Chill them.
Added Bug Fables freezing sound to the Infrigidator

-Fixes-
Fixed the Xenomite Crystal drops not appearing in Normal Mode- on account of the boss being remade into the Seed of Infection.

Last edited:
Tiny tweak update, because I noticed that I hadn't included a recipe for the Wand of Sparking before, and that Cantrip: Jolt is a little weak to start out with, even considering its chain ability.
I sort of fudged up some things, so it jumped from x.4 to x.5.

V2.1.1.4/V2.1.1.5 Changelog
Added a crafting recipe for the Wand of Sparking, controlled by the Vanilla Crafting Recipes config option.
8 wood of any type
1 Fallen Star OR 2 Star Pieces
2 Copper OR Tin Bars

Also, slightly buffed Cantrip: Jolt's damage by 1 point, in the pre-King Slime and Eye of Cthulhu stages.

In my testing with custom values, even with the cantrips set with use time 2 (mininum allowed by the game), it only hits twice to thrice per second

In my testing with custom values, even with the cantrips set with use time 2 (mininum allowed by the game), it only hits twice to thrice per second
Then that's probably because of piercing immunity. They're not supposed to be that fast, so I didn't turn it off for them.

Back
Top Bottom