Little Gems From the Wiki Episode 2: The Saga Continues

45886A6E-2E50-4459-998C-4974ACE477BA.jpeg
These bois on the achievements page (hive and Skeletron)

So I noticed a couple things on the wiki and wanted to verify if they are actually true:

1). Does the Yelets actually drop from Underground Crimson/Corruption enemies? I've never, ever, EVER gotten a Yelets from Underground Crimson/Corruption. Ever.
2). Does the Code 2 have an Infinite Flight time? I was pretty sure that the Kraken, EoC, Terrarian, and Developer Yo-yos were the only IF yoyos.

So I noticed a couple things on the wiki and wanted to verify if they are actually true:

1). Does the Yelets actually drop from Underground Crimson/Corruption enemies? I've never, ever, EVER gotten a Yelets from Underground Crimson/Corruption. Ever.
2). Does the Code 2 have an Infinite Flight time? I was pretty sure that the Kraken, EoC, Terrarian, and Developer Yo-yos were the only IF yoyos.
Searched through the source codes to confirm these.

1) The drop requirement for Yelets involves being in hardmode, in the jungle and at least one mech must have been defeated. They *can* drop from crimson/corruption enemies, including ANY other enemy, as long as they are in the jungle. It mentioning specifically such category of enemies is a bit bizarre otherwise.
2) This one is hard for me to verify due to the yoyos being kind of a complex code to read into, but whatever seems to be called for most yoyos to eventually time out and die, does not seem to be called for Kraken, EoC, Terrarian and Code 2. I have checked those four, plus Yelet and Wooden and the last two seem to be included in the list, in order from shorter lasting to longest, among many others I haven't checked. It's a sizeable list and checking what ID corresponds to which yoyo is kind of an annoying process, otherwise this seems to confirm the wiki's claim.

*nods* I wasn't sure about the Kraken as I rarely ever use one (I've used one like once in the last several playthroughs).

The Yelets thing, yeah I'm aware that any enemy in a biome will drop a biome yo-yo (as long as the other condition(s) are met) and this applies to all biome yoyos (Cascade, Hel-fire, Amarok, and Yelets), but it is really weird to write it that way on the wiki.

IMO, it's very misleading, it leads the reader to believe that the Yelets can be gotten in Crimson and Hallow (but not Corruption?) when in fact it's the Jungle Biome that's causing the drop, not the enemies.

*gets out the NDGT meme* Watch out, we got a trekkie fan here.
It's funny cause Klingon language enthusiasts aren't usually Trekkies. Sometimes they are, but. They're mostly people who enjoy the idea of 'constructed languages' like Klingon or Tolkien's Elvish (as well as ones made for other purposes like Esperanto) and often make them themselves.

I tried it for a while. It's a really interesting, strange community. :p

Some of these "bugs" people post on the wiki seem fishy to me.

View attachment 6703
Can anyone confirm some of this? The Desert one has got to be total BS, and since when has skeletron dropped possesed hatchets, frozen keys or spectre armor pieces? I have played through terraria and fought skeletron many times and never had those drop.
I feel like this is someone trying to fake speedrun by modding the game but reporting what they modded as a bug on the wiki.

Pretty sure it was a viable farm during blood moons before 1.2.3. Not sure though, since that's the version I started.
View attachment 15597
Since when did bunnies drop coins?
It says monsters, so it most likely was copy pasted from the statue page.

Edit: oh wait, M3IK already posted this 2 pages ago, :red:
I see it, but it doesn't look confused.

I feel like this is someone trying to fake speedrun by modding the game but reporting what they modded as a bug on the wiki.

It says monsters, so it most likely was copy pasted from the statue page.

I see it, but it doesn't look confused.
Hi @Colinpopop - please use the edit button if you have more to add rather than posting a bunch in a row. I've merged them for you this time!

Screenshot_20211126-020036_(1).png

This is probably a lie. They don't provide any sources for this statement, and the devs probably have a debug feature which lets them get any item for testing purposes, which would make this unessacery.

I'm pretty sure that's just a reference to one of Chippy's videos. Don't remember the exact one though.

Back
Top Bottom