Little Gems From the Wiki Episode 2: The Saga Continues

jmA2lst.png

Not sure if I can believe this.

so it's cool to know I'm not just a crazy person who lives under a rock and doesn't watch enough of The Animes to "get" it that a black cat is actually a transformed anime girl.
Legitimately a reference to the anime Soul Eater, which Red watches. He attempted to implement the Soul Scythe in 1.2 (which was an extremely obvious reference to Soul Eater) but due to copy right issues it was never implemented. The witch cat was put in its place.
image.jpg

If it was changed to "is similar to" we'd probably get even more of these now that people were technically free to write about whatever-the-hell they wished.
Why? Are people actually dumb enough to put stuff like "The Terra Blade is similar to the wooden sword from the original Legend of Zelda because they're both swords" or something like that?

Am I the only one that would feel absolutely okay if instead of saying "is a reference to" they put "is similar to"? I'm sure I'm not. That's actually interesting trivia I'd be glad to know about.
If it was changed to "is similar to" we'd probably get even more of these now that people were technically free to write about whatever-the-hell they wished.
"Is similar to" would just get the wiki spammed with a lot of irrelevant content from other games. "The Psycho Knife's stealth mechanic is similar to Spies in the game Team Fortress 2, Phantom in Dirty Bomb, and other characters in other games." Sure, but why the hell do I care? I'm playing Terraria! (Well actually I'm also playing Dirty Bomb but that's besides the point.)

Back
Top Bottom