Little TEdit noob question

Antaury

Terrarian
So i've recently started Terraria again for the fiftieth time and decided to try some mods, having a lot of fun with the Spirit,Thorium and Terraria Overhaul combo. I've spent countless hours making sometimes colorful sometimes spartan homes in this game and i felt kind of burned out of that so i decided to try using TEdit to make some cool homes in less time. My question is how will that affect my modded world? I've added some blotches of dirt as a test run and it seems all the ore, biomes and the mods are still in place, but i'm worried there might be some consequences down the line. Any help is appreciated.

Although I'm not 100% sure about it, but I think using Tedit on modded worlds and then saving the changes will break all modded tiles. So, for example, if you play Thorium, go and check out if the aquatic depths is still there. If it's not anymore, then that's caused by editing a modded map in Tedit.

Tedit can be still used to look at the map though, just don't save it. It still can be a very valuable too in checking spreading biomes and where to set up quarantines and such.

On a side note, Cheat sheets mod's paint tool (you can copypaste buildings or building parts) can help making building faster too.

Although I'm not 100% sure about it, but I think using Tedit on modded worlds and then saving the changes will break all modded tiles. So, for example, if you play Thorium, go and check out if the aquatic depths is still there. If it's not anymore, then that's caused by editing a modded map in Tedit.

Tedit can be still used to look at the map though, just don't save it. It still can be a very valuable too in checking spreading biomes and where to set up quarantines and such.

On a side note, Cheat sheets mod's paint tool (you can copypaste buildings or building parts) can help making building faster too.
Hmm well the ore was still there in the aquatic depths it seems. But yeah i checked out that mod you mentioned and it might be a safer alternative, thanks!

I mean, the whole aquatic depths is a modded biome. so, yeah, I would be worried it would break, if you use Tedit.
But there are some really cool mods to check. If you want to build fancy houses I would recommend Chad's Furniture Mod too. it also has lots of walls and stuff if you wanted to use Tedit for walls that aren't craftable in vanilla. but it mostly offers furnitures. a lot of cool furnitures.

Back
Top Bottom