tModLoader Lives & Injury

v1.8.2
  • Added a lot of new config options to fine tune max health loss, and renamed existing ones for readability.
  • Rebalanced Band of Life (now requires Regen Potions to craft).
  • Added Broken Hearts that drop from own injuries that can be used to craft Life Crystals anew (32 Glass + 4 Tissue Samples/Shadow Scales + 4 Broken Hearts + 10 Regen Potions).

Attachments

• Injury v1.8.2.zip
    13.5 KB · Views: 212
v1.8.2
  • Added a lot of new config options to fine tune max health loss, and renamed existing ones for readability.
  • Rebalanced Band of Life (now requires Regen Potions to craft).
  • Added Broken Hearts that drop from own injuries that can be used to craft Life Crystals anew (32 Glass + 4 Tissue Samples/Shadow Scales + 4 Broken Hearts + 10 Regen Potions).
nice seems more fair now xD

I'm not quite sure why, but it seems Injury is making mobs not drop money as well as making summoned slime minions (possibly others, haven't gotten far enough to check) disappear when they kill an enemy. As in, I have 2, they attack a slime, when the slime dies, the one that dealt the finishing blow up and vanishes.

When I disabled this mod, and this mod alone, it fixed both issues, so I know the fault lies here, but I can't imagine how it would cause those effects, I don't think it affects any part of those aspects of the game.

• Wing Slot
  • T-Races
  • MoreAccessories+
  • RecipeBrowser*
  • No Flare
  • Summoners Association
  • Injury (except when its not)
  • Helpful Hotkeys
  • Fargo's Mutant Mod
  • Prefixes for Enemies
  • Auto Trash
  • Infinity
  • Wireless
  • MaxStackPlus
  • DCU Wallhack*
  • Calamity
  • Dye Easy
  • Alchemist NPC
  • Boss Checklist
  • Durability
  • imkSushi's Mod
  • Boss Health Bars
  • Simple Auto Chests
  • Cheat Sheet
  • Shorter Respawn Time
  • imkSushi Mod: Potions Addon
  • Thorium
  • imkSushi Fatal Lava Mod
  • imkSushi Naturally Occuring Moons Mod
  • Multi Lure Accessories
  • Experience and Classes
  • Fishing 2.0
  • Solutions Mod*
  • RPG Classes
  • Even More Modifiers
  • Reduced Grinding*
  • Variable Potion Sickness
  • Wormholes*
  • Ivysaur's Level System
  • Solidified Potions
* Was absent when the issue was occuring alongside the reload crash in Durability I mentioned there, so probably not an issue​

I'm not quite sure why, but it seems Injury is making mobs not drop money as well as making summoned slime minions (possibly others, haven't gotten far enough to check) disappear when they kill an enemy. As in, I have 2, they attack a slime, when the slime dies, the one that dealt the finishing blow up and vanishes.

When I disabled this mod, and this mod alone, it fixed both issues, so I know the fault lies here, but I can't imagine how it would cause those effects, I don't think it affects any part of those aspects of the game.

• Wing Slot
  • T-Races
  • MoreAccessories+
  • RecipeBrowser*
  • No Flare
  • Summoners Association
  • Injury (except when its not)
  • Helpful Hotkeys
  • Fargo's Mutant Mod
  • Prefixes for Enemies
  • Auto Trash
  • Infinity
  • Wireless
  • MaxStackPlus
  • DCU Wallhack*
  • Calamity
  • Dye Easy
  • Alchemist NPC
  • Boss Checklist
  • Durability
  • imkSushi's Mod
  • Boss Health Bars
  • Simple Auto Chests
  • Cheat Sheet
  • Shorter Respawn Time
  • imkSushi Mod: Potions Addon
  • Thorium
  • imkSushi Fatal Lava Mod
  • imkSushi Naturally Occuring Moons Mod
  • Multi Lure Accessories
  • Experience and Classes
  • Fishing 2.0
  • Solutions Mod*
  • RPG Classes
  • Even More Modifiers
  • Reduced Grinding*
  • Variable Potion Sickness
  • Wormholes*
  • Ivysaur's Level System
  • Solidified Potions
* Was absent when the issue was occuring alongside the reload crash in Durability I mentioned there, so probably not an issue​
Injury uses no hooks that should even be relevant to this kind of crash. Could you tell me what the latest (bottommost) entries of TML's error log show? It should be found in Documents/My Games/Terraria/ModLoader/Logs/Log.txt

Injury uses no hooks that should even be relevant to this kind of crash. Could you tell me what the latest (bottommost) entries of TML's error log show? It should be found in Documents/My Games/Terraria/ModLoader/Logs/Log.txt

I was pretty sure it shouldn't be even close to relevant to this behavior, but removing the mod fixed it, so my best guess is its affecting one of the other mods to cause them to make the issue. Maybe MoreAccessories+ since that affects the player (lose connection, I know) and has caused issues with preventing mobs from dropping money in the past?

as for the log - nothing seems at all relevant, there's no crash, and its just adding buttons and updating configs:

Button Adding...
...Button Added
Button Adding...
...Button Added
Button Adding...
...Button Added
Button Adding...
...Button Added
Durability config updated to 1.9.0
Injury config updated to 1.8.1
Failed to read Reduced Grinding's config file! Recreating config...
Button Adding...
...Button Added
Regenerating ALL portals.
Wormholes config updated to 1.3.12
Button Adding...
...Button Added

with my rather limited coding knowledge, I'm going to say that log is not informative in the least in this regard. Let me know if you have any other requests of information.

Just to be clear, in the modlist spoiler, I was referring to my post in Durability about that crash you fixed - when I was trying this run before (and being stopped by that) this other behavior was also happening, and I had no idea why, so I couldn't submit a bug report to anyone. However, since that instance also made the bug, I figured I'd highlight the mods that are in now but weren't then, since they probably don't contribute. There is no crash happening this time. I might have just misunderstood your interpretation, if you realized that, my bad.

I was pretty sure it shouldn't be even close to relevant to this behavior, but removing the mod fixed it, so my best guess is its affecting one of the other mods to cause them to make the issue. Maybe MoreAccessories+ since that affects the player (lose connection, I know) and has caused issues with preventing mobs from dropping money in the past?

as for the log - nothing seems at all relevant, there's no crash, and its just adding buttons and updating configs:

Button Adding...
...Button Added
Button Adding...
...Button Added
Button Adding...
...Button Added
Button Adding...
...Button Added
Durability config updated to 1.9.0
Injury config updated to 1.8.1
Button Adding...
...Button Added
Regenerating ALL portals.
Wormholes config updated to 1.3.12
Button Adding...
...Button Added

with my rather limited coding knowledge, I'm going to say that log is not informative in the least in this regard. Let me know if you have any other requests of information.

Just to be clear, in the modlist spoiler, I was referring to my post in Durability about that crash you fixed - when I was trying this run before (and being stopped by that) this other behavior was also happening, and I had no idea why, so I couldn't submit a bug report to anyone. However, since that instance also made the bug, I figured I'd highlight the mods that are in now but weren't then, since they probably don't contribute. There is no crash happening this time. I might have just misunderstood your interpretation, if you realized that, my bad.
I've isolated Ivysaur's Level System as the culprit in tandem with my Injury mod. I'll try to get a fix, but in the meantime, you'll need to pick which mod you want more.

I've isolated Ivysaur's Level System as the culprit in tandem with my Injury mod. I'll try to get a fix, but in the meantime, you'll need to pick which mod you want more.
Ah, that probably would have been my second guess. I wanted to play and didn't know what the other mod was, so Injury has been off for a while, so I guess there's no need to change right now. When my friend and I were doing injury in multiplayer along with Thorium, Prefixes, Calamity, and in expert, we were barely getting enough heart crystals to gain our health back. Made the Eye of Cthulhu fight interesting, though, that's for sure. Never gone for that with a mage with 6 defense and 70 max life before. Rather impressed I did it, honestly. can barely take 2 hits before you're dead.

Also, I'd like to say that your mods are some of my favorite Terraria ones, and are something I feel was lacking in the Terraria modding community - mods that add mechanics, rather than simply more content. Seems to me most mods expand the game, so there's more game to play. Yours, however, take the game, and change it, make it different, but the same, and I like that. I wish we had more mods adding unique gameplay like these.

As a modded minecraft player, I feel the adding of new mechanics is much more common in minecraft's modding community, and that's really the main reason I still see that one as superior. You are doing some of the best work of changing that opinion though. My hat's off to you, sir. Excellent work.

Injury v1.8.3
  • Bleeding Heart projectile's duration increased + configs added.

Attachments

• Injury v1.8.3.zip
    25.7 KB · Views: 174
For modders only: To alter run-time config setting without a dependency for the mod (so your mod doesn't require mine to run), use the following method to set config fields (change 'Injury' to 'Lives', respectively):
Code:
public void SetConfig( string field_name, object value ) {
   Mod mymod = ModLoader.GetMod( "Injury" );
   if( mymod == null ) { return; }
   Type mymodtype = mymod.GetType();
   PropertyInfo jsonconfig_prop = mymodtype.GetProperty( "Config", BindingFlags.Public | BindingFlags.Static );
   if( jsonconfig_prop == null ) {
     jsonconfig_prop = mymodtype.GetProperty( "Config" );  // Future proofing
   }
   if( jsonconfig_prop != null ) {
     dynamic jsonconfig = jsonconfig_prop.GetValue( mymod, null );
     PropertyInfo data_prop = jsonconfig_prop.PropertyType.GetProperty( "Data" );
     dynamic data = data_prop.GetValue( jsonconfig, null );
     PropertyInfo config_prop = data_prop.PropertyType.GetProperty( field_name );
     if( config_prop != null ) {
       config_prop.SetValue( data, value, null );
     }
   }
}
Let me know if you encounter problems. Note that `value` must be the correct type.

Edit: Minor updates (Fixed config reloading between game sessions.):

Attachments

• Injury v1.8.4.zip
    25.7 KB · Views: 172
  • Lives v1.4.6.zip
    24.7 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
So, I was doing a quick test, running the following mods, but lives seemed not to work. It was set to the default of 3 lives, but I never lost one.
The mods:

Attachments

• 20170410032550_1.jpg
    20170410032550_1.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 176
So, I was doing a quick test, running the following mods, but lives seemed not to work. It was set to the default of 3 lives, but I never lost one.
The mods:
I'm unable to replicate it, but I'll try to add any failsafes I can. Can you tell me the full name of WMITF? I've tested this with every other mod on that list, except that (I can't find it in the mod browser list). In the mean time, you could try disabling it, and see if anything changes.

Could you tell me if your Log.txt reports and errors?

Last edited:
I'm unable to replicate it, but I'll try to add any failsafes I can. Can you tell me the full name of WMITF? I've tested this with every other mod on that list, except that (I can't find it in the mod browser list). In the mean time, you could try disabling it, and see if anything changes.

Could you tell me if your Log.txt reports and errors?

I just gave it a test drive and everything seems to be working just fine now. When I first tested it above I was using tmod 9.2.2 (now using 9.2.3) -- I guess it doesn't matter now, but stamina also wasn't working. There was no stamina bar at all. BUT, everything's fine now. There were no errors applying to your mods in the log either.

Oh, and WMITF is What Mod is This From?

Lives v1.5.1
  • Moved config file to Mod Configs subfolder.
  • Fixed a possible bug that would get players stuck in hardcore mode.
  • Altered 1-Up item sprite.
  • 1 life left = last life (instead of 0 lives = last life)
Injury v1.9.0
  • Added better visibility for Broken Hearts
  • Added larger pickup range for Broken Hearts
  • Added Cracked Life Crystals (craftable from Broken Hearts); gives +20 temporary health
  • Moved config file to 'Mod Configs' subfolder
  • Assorted code improvements
Edit:

Injury v1.9.1
  • Players no longer incur harm from hits <20% max hp when at full health.
  • Set broken hearts not to fly as far away on hit.
Edit x2:

Injury v1.9.2
  • Increased duration for broken hearts (16 -> 24 seconds)
  • Prevented use of Cracked Life Crystals at full hp
  • Various bug fixes
Edit x3:

Injury v1.9.3
  • Added some config options.
  • Set some classes public.
Edit x4:

Lives v1.5.1.1
  • Minor refactoring.
Edit x5:

Injury v1.9.4
  • Added 'Enabled' config setting (disables mod without unloading)
Lives v1.5.2
  • Added config setting 'Enabled' (allows disabling mod without unloading)
Edit x6 (c-c-combo!):

Lives v1.5.3
  • Fixed a possible premature immortality bug.

Attachments

• Injury v1.9.0.zip
    27.6 KB · Views: 162
  • Lives v1.5.1.zip
    25.5 KB · Views: 161
  • Injury v1.9.1.zip
    27.7 KB · Views: 156
  • Injury v1.9.2.zip
    27.8 KB · Views: 150
  • Injury v1.9.3.zip
    27.9 KB · Views: 149
  • Lives v1.5.1.1.zip
    25.4 KB · Views: 145
  • Injury v1.9.4.zip
    28.3 KB · Views: 157
  • Lives v1.5.2.zip
    25.5 KB · Views: 150
  • Lives v1.5.3.zip
    25.5 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Lives v1.5.4
  • Updated for TML 0.10
  • Offloaded utility/helper code to Hamstar's Helpers mod (now a dependency)
  • Numerous fixes and tweaks

Injury v1.9.5
  • Updated for TML 0.10
  • Offloaded utility/helper code to Hamstar's Helpers mod (now a dependency)
  • Numerous fixes and tweaks

Attachments

• Injury v1.9.5.zip
    42.1 KB · Views: 273
  • Lives v1.5.4.zip
    28.3 KB · Views: 223
Could an option be added to Injury's config file to disable the Impact Trauma debuff? I'm finding it to be very spotty in late game with wings despite making a conscious effort to not slam my body into everything; it's very irritating.

Could an option be added to Injury's config file to disable the Impact Trauma debuff? I'm finding it to be very spotty in late game with wings despite making a conscious effort to not slam my body into everything; it's very irritating.
You can adjust FallLimpDurationMultiplier to 0 right now to get that. I'll make a patch to try to fix that effect improperly occurring when wearing wings.

Edit:

Lives v1.6.0.1
  • Added mod icon
  • Added support for Hamstar Helpers v1.2.0 issue report
  • Refactored net protocol
  • Added API
Injury v1.10.0
  • Added mod icon
  • Added support for Hamstar Helpers v1.2.0 issue report
  • Refactored net protocol
  • Updated impact trauma buff icon
  • Added API